Is the weak link Bevell?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":32n4yqpr said:
I'm not joking. I love RW, but he has struggled mightily lately. And yes, he's looked like a young QB who can't get through progressions very well and has had rather poor pocket presence.

Of course the way I stated this was over the top, but the offense has been bad and I think (despite not getting much help), he's been well below average in the past 3 games.

-The Glove-":32n4yqpr said:
Mtjhoyas":32n4yqpr said:
Right now our QB is the weak link. Never seen RW look so bad. Can't get off 1st read, panics in the pocket, and poor decision making (thrown a bunch of near picks).

You're joking right? Sounds like you're talking about he who shall not be named

Dud you have to be joking no one can be that stupid. You should go back and relook at the last 3 games, and you will find, bad play calling, bad o-line play and at best questionable Wr play. none of which is on Rw he would be at best 5th on the list of issues on offense.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I'm talking about consistently getting through progressions. He hasn't done it lately. And thank you for the pathetic comment. I thought this was a discussion board, not a I'm right and you're an idiot board.

I love RW and he has been great, but (IMO) he has really struggled with the little things lately the past 3 weeks and has been lucky to not turn the ball over more.

Anthony!":2571ss6e said:
Mtjhoyas":2571ss6e said:
Right now our QB is the weak link. Never seen RW look so bad. Can't get off 1st read, panics in the pocket, and poor decision making (thrown a bunch of near picks).

Dude I was at the game you are so wrong it is pathetic, by the way the TD pass was his 4th option so your wrong.

Anthony!

Reaction score
razor150":1lu626qs said:
Wilson did look bad today, and he was part of the problem. He was holding the ball far to long, and when he did throw it, it was off target. The biggest problem was Bevell though, his game plan and inability to adjust to what the cards were doing was just awful. The Cards were known fore being weak against covering the TE, but how many plays did we use the TE in? Maybe 2, and that is if you count the Miller td after Wilson had progressed through all his reads. Even though it was never there he kept calling those slow to progress deep plays. THe whole game I was just yelling, "Gets some first downs you morons."

Honestly, even without the bad calls by the refs I still think we lose this game. Defense played great, but isn't money in the clutch.

I agree Rw did not play well today, however most of his holding the ball to long was a by product of know one being open, and him trying to extend the play to help the WR. I was at the game and focused on the WR most of the time, they were awful at getting separation, and when Rw did run they hardly moved. Add a couple of huge drops and well there you go. Rw was part of the problem but as I said he was at best the 5th problem, the play calling was the worst issue, followed by 0-line, Wr, RB the number of yards ML left on the filed by cutting the wrong way was huge.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Again, thank you for the insult. This is really productive. The whole offense has been bad. We haven't seen the usual RW lately and I'm pointing out things I've seen him struggle with. Yes, it's not all on him and the blame goes everywhere, but we are seeing what happens to this Offense when RW is off.
And right now, the offense is terrible.

Anthony!":1ee5lj5v said:
Mtjhoyas":1ee5lj5v said:
I'm not joking. I love RW, but he has struggled mightily lately. And yes, he's looked like a young QB who can't get through progressions very well and has had rather poor pocket presence.

Of course the way I stated this was over the top, but the offense has been bad and I think (despite not getting much help), he's been well below average in the past 3 games.

-The Glove-":1ee5lj5v said:
Mtjhoyas":1ee5lj5v said:

Dud you have to be joking no one can be that stupid. You should go back and relook at the last 3 games, and you will find, bad play calling, bad o-line play and at best questionable Wr play. none of which is on Rw he would be at best 5th on the list of issues on offense.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":1z2d080u said:
I'm glad you found that hilarious, but he has not been good lately. The whole thing stinks quite frankly. Run game is not effective either.

GeekHawk":1z2d080u said:
Mtjhoyas":1z2d080u said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha...hahahahaha...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...hahahahahahahaha...OMG, stupidest post in in f'in history. Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha...

Hilarious? I found it stupid as hell.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3dfzbq8b said:

You're joking right? Sounds like you're talking about he who shall not be named[/quote][/quote]

Dud you have to be joking no one can be that stupid. You should go back and relook at the last 3 games, and you will find, bad play calling, bad o-line play and at best questionable Wr play. none of which is on Rw he would be at best 5th on the list of issues on offense.[/quote][/quote]

your welcome, no name calling I simply said you have to be stupid and go back and relook and you will see plenty wrong, Judging by your reply you are not stupid as you agreed there is plenty wrong. so whats the issue? none. You yourself said "but the offense has been bad and I think (despite not getting much help), he's been well below average in the past 3 games." If he is not getting much help hard to blame him, even Manning needs some help, play calling, wr making plays, o-line etc. I agree Rw has not been getting much help from anyone on offense including the OC lately.

47degreesn

Reaction score
We were not running the playaction pass. At least, I didn't see it.
It's strange since Russell and the gang seem to thrive in the playaction pass.
I believe the Seahawks run the playaction more than any other team. And it works even when the run game is not very strong because you always have to account for the beast.

We started using the playaction in the 4th and resulted in the Touchdown Drive. When we really needed a score. That makes me believe we are sandbagging a little bit.

These loses are good, it reminds the team the are not invincible and they can lose, even AT HOME. We can afford this loss. Next week, is a must win unless SF blows it tomorrow.

yeastmode

Reaction score
Last year Baltimore replaced their OC about this point in the season and won the Owl. If PC is really serious about always competing, might we see the same thing here?

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Thank you for being civil. I don't want to get in passing matches with fellow 12s. We are all frustrated about the loss and quite honestly, I hold RW in very high regard which is why I am critical of him.

You are certainly right when you say all QBs need help and RW hasn't received much lately. I just think he has struggled with the subtle nuances that make him so great. I'm not say this is a permanent deal, it's just his usual ease of getting through reads and pinpoint accuracy have been off (to my eyes).

In a weird way, it's a backhanded compliment to RW that I think k he's the engine e of this Offense. I hope we see them kick it into gear next week.

Anthony!":1bi1s7mc said:
Mtjhoyas":1bi1s7mc said:

[/quote]

Dud you have to be joking no one can be that stupid. You should go back and relook at the last 3 games, and you will find, bad play calling, bad o-line play and at best questionable Wr play. none of which is on Rw he would be at best 5th on the list of issues on offense.[/quote][/quote]

your welcome, no name calling I simply said you have to be stupid and go back and relook and you will see plenty wrong, Judging by your reply you are not stupid as you agreed there is plenty wrong. so whats the issue? none. You yourself said "but the offense has been bad and I think (despite not getting much help), he's been well below average in the past 3 games." If he is not getting much help hard to blame him, even Manning needs some help, play calling, wr making plays, o-line etc. I agree Rw has not been getting much help from anyone on offense including the OC lately.[/quote]

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
RW had a bad game. He should never be above criticism. He has been missin a lot of throws and the offense as a whole really looks off.

Tubafor

Reaction score
AZ did an amazing job of setting the edges with their DE's. So many times during that game Wilson went to tuck and scramble out of the pocket only to find a Cardinal planted on the edge. Then he would have to scramble back, which led to him looking panicked in the pocket. Would have been great to see some more quick hits, screens, and TE play in the middle.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I have some questions:
1. Why didn't we use the middle of the field? Tight Ends, short routes, slants, or ML out of the back field.
2. Where were screens and draw plays?
3. On runs, there were absolutely no push through the middle. All the positive runs came from the pitch to the left of to the right. Why do we always try to force runs through the middle,
while we run better on the outside?
4. Last week we ran plays, where RW threw the ball to Lynch many times. ML had something like 70 yards receiving. How many throws did RW made to ML today? I don't remember many.

Are any of these Wilson's fault or is it just bad play calling?
We have lost our ability to score in the red zone, because we insist on running ML through the middle in the Red Zone. Everyone knows it.
But our O-Line just doesn't know how to push.
Our offense is simply bad. RW gets some of the blame. But most of the blame goes to the O-Line, the play calling and Pete.
However, I know they will fix it by next week.
I actually believe, this loss has gotten us closer to the Super Bowl, because we will refocus. With this defense, we can't afford to fail. This is our best and only chance to get a ring.
Sherman's and our defensive stars will command lots of $$$ and we will need to cut excellent players lose to pay them.
We MUST win now. We MUST win now. We MUST win now.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
True enough and there were also occasions where Russell did a masterful job of avoiding those guys on scramble outs only to find no receivers running routes.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2p83cwq8 said:
I have some questions:
1. Why didn't we use the middle of the field? Tight Ends, short routes, slants, or ML out of the back field.
2. Where were screens and draw plays?
3. On runs, there were absolutely no push through the middle. All the positive runs came from the pitch to the left of to the right. Why do we always try to force runs through the middle,
while we run better on the outside?
4. Last week we ran plays, where RW threw the ball to Lynch many times. ML had something like 70 yards receiving. How many throws did RW made to ML today? I don't remember many.

Are any of these Wilson's fault or is it just bad play calling?
We have lost our ability to score in the red zone, because we insist on running ML through the middle in the Red Zone. Everyone knows it.
But our O-Line just doesn't know how to push.
Our offense is simply bad. RW gets some of the blame. But most of the blame goes to the O-Line, the play calling and Pete.
However, I know they will fix it by next week.
I actually believe, this loss has gotten us closer to the Super Bowl, because we will refocus. With this defense, we can't afford to fail. This is our best and only chance to get a ring.
Sherman's and our defensive stars will command lots of $$$ and we will need to cut excellent players lose to pay them.
We MUST win now. We MUST win now. We MUST win now.

You have made excellent points.....all of which have most on this board simply shaking their heads!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
DC's are adjusting to account for Russell's mobuity. They are moving out of their comfort zones to do this. We have to do a better job of scheming and game planning to take advantage of it. It's a chess game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3oei4l0v said:
DC's are adjusting to account for Russell's mobuity. They are moving out of their comfort zones to do this. We have to do a better job of scheming and game planning to take advantage of it. It's a chess game.

True but so far our OC does not seem to know how to play chess :)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Anthony!":1ihpayd0 said:
brimsalabim":1ihpayd0 said:

True but so far our OC does not seem to know how to play chess :)
Chess hell, he struggles at checkers.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":28upzp1t said:

-The Glove-":28upzp1t said:
Mtjhoyas":28upzp1t said:

Poor pocket presence? Did you see the 'pocket' he had? Most of what you are saying leads me to believe that you're not qualified to judge this matter.

Galen96

Reaction score
Even 12year olds playing madden know that when a team is bringing the blitz, you use screens and slants to negate the pass rush..... Bevell can't be THIS STUPID right? I mean, I've been saying he was horrible since year one, but this is just maddening.