This Is Relatively The S.O.S.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Same Old Seahawks, Same Old S**t...With The Same Kinks Of Years Past That Needed To Be Ironed Out.

I'm not promising the Seahawks will galvanize because thats up to them, but all the issues we've seen thus far have been issues in years past.

- Offensive Line Pass Protection
- Bevell's play-calling
- Defense Not Finishing
- Insert Gripe Here, Ect.

But as competitiveness goes, losing does suck, but its not like the Seahawks are getting dominated, they are literally as they always have been losing by a play or two not being made. Football is as much of luck as it skill. Sometimes you end up on the other side of it.

Like others I've seen parallels of the current Seahawks to the 2013 Superbowl team. That team started out 7-1, but they were literally a ball bouncing in the opponents favor of easily being 4-4, 3-5.

Close wins on the road, with some lucky breaks:

@Panthers by 5... Earl Thomas possibly saving a probable Deangelo Williams TD by forcing a fumble with less than two minutes to play ,

@Texans by 3 in OT, Sherman pick 6, Wilson's taking over, Baldwin getting suplexed

@Rams by 4 holding the Rams out of the EZ with a GL stand on 4 downs.

Seahawks barely edging out the Titans at home by 7.

If you include the Buccaneers game in game 9, which we had to comeback from a 21-0 deficit, and win in OT.

In 9 games, Seahawks were a play or two not being made from being 4-5, 3-6. Thats how close their 7-1, 8-1 start really was.

Just the same old problems the Seahawks always had but with enough lucky breaks or last minute miracles to pull them ahead in the end.

Same Old S**t, different year. I don't know if the Seahawks will be able to turn it around like they have in the past. All I know is they have a pretty sturdy history of putting everything together in the 2nd half of the Season.

Even that 2013 Superbowl run, they did go 6-2 in the final half, as opposed to 7-1 in the first half, but the team other than the Cardinals game looked much better overall in consistency as well as going into the play-offs and into the Superbowl.

In 2011, the team started 2-6, ended up 5-3, with those 3 losses by a mere 6 points or less.

2012, the team started 4-4, before going on an 8-1 run, until losing against the Falcons in the Play-Offs in the last 30 seconds.

2014, the team started 3-3, and then 6-4, before going on an 8-0 run to the Superbowl, 2 yards away from the go ahead TDs.

We've seen this team up and down, and all over the place the last few years, its never been pretty save for a handful of games each year, we are an ugly team, that pretty much as relatively dealt with the same issues each year, that has dealt with adversity and distraction, and has made dominant 2nd half runs to end the season.

So being 2-3, doesn't really upset me. There are still 11 games to play, and I just can't say the Seahawks are this or that, because that hasn't always been the case, historically its been different, they got it together. Its not like they magically turned around, they just more or less, made less and less mistakes each game and got on a dominant roll where everything was clicking.

Who's to say the 2-3 2015 Seahawks can't do the same. Yeah HFA looks harder every game the Packers, Cards, Falcons, and Panthers win. But you take this one game at time a time, and who knows how the standing will look in 13 weeks. Seahawks have enough experience now, where just getting to play-offs on a dominant run, they could do some things.

And honestly, if we have to talk about it, if they completely s**t the bed, to like an 9-7 or worse season missing the Play-Offs..

I'm not sure if that would be the end of the world, I think that could be refreshing in the sense that you know some big shake-ups will take place (Offensive Coaching), and the draft position would be a good trade-off to actually get some quality O-Line talent for once, the core of the team would get an extra month or so of rest, you could give extra reps to all the young players, and above anything else a disappointing season I think would refocus the team, make them hungry, mad, and energize them over the off-season to get back what was taken, to kind of become the hunters again instead of the hunted.

justafan

Reaction score
This is still a team that can compete for a SB this year.Nothing happened that cant be fixed by the talent that is here.
If this Oline can play near the level they did yesterday the rest of the team is good enough.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good post, that Falcons loss reminds me of the Cinci Loss

"2012, the team started 4-4, before going on an 8-1 run, until losing against the Falcons in the Play-Offs in the last 30 seconds. "

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We're winning on Wilson's feet, Lynch, and defensive turnovers. Passing game stability is not any kind of factor in our winning. That's something I'd like to see worked on.

Boiler

Reaction score
I like your analysis, though to me this year seems much more like the start to last year's season. It's just that the games are being played in a slightly different order.

2015 STL = 2014 STL - Same crazy game. Same teams. Same venue. Same result.
2015 GB = 2014 SD - Got outplayed early in the season by a tough opponent on the road.
2015 CIN = 2014 KC - A game the Hawks had every opportunity to win, but didn't pull out on the road against a tough opponent.

If they can just avoid a game this weekend like 2014 Dallas, I'll be optimistic for this year still given how incredibly favorable the second-half schedule is compared to the first.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Nice post! Thank you. I'm not really worried either.

The ups and downs of the seasons are what make the game fun.

I feel somewhat like most of us earned that luxury as fans of the team through the dark ages... No Super Bowl for so long. It was fun then and it's fun now with angst replaced by interest in the story lines plot twists and all. It's just a game. Why not love it and support the team no matter what. S.O.S. Business as usual, right?. Go hawks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe but in all those close games and even some of those losses even in 2012, I never heard our coach use the word "baffled". Baffled is a word you use to describe a condition you have no answer to.

It would be one thing if Pete felt the same the OP does, but using language like that makes it clear he is just as confused/frustrated with the drop off as we are.

Here is hoping the OP is right though.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
These are all good points and great relativism but the window is closing very very fast. There is a full flame on the the crap pot.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Good stuff in your post. There's something about this team that feels like a rags-to-riches story oftentimes. It thrives on intensity and passion and I don't think we've hit that crescendo yet. I do feel the pieces are in place to get that head of steam going again and tip the scales of those closely-fought games that you mentioned our way again. Carolina is a team we've had difficulties with in the past. C'mon 12s, let's make this the signature win that we can use as our rallying cry to establish that Hawks dominance again!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":15d2vx6d said:
Same Old Seahawks, Same Old S**t...With The Same Kinks Of Years Past That Needed To Be Ironed Out.

I'm not promising the Seahawks will galvanize because thats up to them, but all the issues we've seen thus far have been issues in years past.

- Offensive Line Pass Protection
- Bevell's play-calling
- Defense Not Finishing
- Insert Gripe Here, Ect.

But as competitiveness goes, losing does suck, but its not like the Seahawks are getting dominated, they are literally as they always have been losing by a play or two not being made. Football is as much of luck as it skill. Sometimes you end up on the other side of it.

Like others I've seen parallels of the current Seahawks to the 2013 Superbowl team. That team started out 7-1, but they were literally a ball bouncing in the opponents favor of easily being 4-4, 3-5.

Close wins on the road, with some lucky breaks:

@Panthers by 5... Earl Thomas possibly saving a probable Deangelo Williams TD by forcing a fumble with less than two minutes to play ,

@Texans by 3 in OT, Sherman pick 6, Wilson's taking over, Baldwin getting suplexed

@Rams by 4 holding the Rams out of the EZ with a GL stand on 4 downs.

Seahawks barely edging out the Titans at home by 7.

If you include the Buccaneers game in game 9, which we had to comeback from a 21-0 deficit, and win in OT.

In 9 games, Seahawks were a play or two not being made from being 4-5, 3-6. Thats how close their 7-1, 8-1 start really was.

Just the same old problems the Seahawks always had but with enough lucky breaks or last minute miracles to pull them ahead in the end.

Same Old S**t, different year. I don't know if the Seahawks will be able to turn it around like they have in the past. All I know is they have a pretty sturdy history of putting everything together in the 2nd half of the Season.

Even that 2013 Superbowl run, they did go 6-2 in the final half, as opposed to 7-1 in the first half, but the team other than the Cardinals game looked much better overall in consistency as well as going into the play-offs and into the Superbowl.

In 2011, the team started 2-6, ended up 5-3, with those 3 losses by a mere 6 points or less.

2012, the team started 4-4, before going on an 8-1 run, until losing against the Falcons in the Play-Offs in the last 30 seconds.

2014, the team started 3-3, and then 6-4, before going on an 8-0 run to the Superbowl, 2 yards away from the go ahead TDs.

We've seen this team up and down, and all over the place the last few years, its never been pretty save for a handful of games each year, we are an ugly team, that pretty much as relatively dealt with the same issues each year, that has dealt with adversity and distraction, and has made dominant 2nd half runs to end the season.

So being 2-3, doesn't really upset me. There are still 11 games to play, and I just can't say the Seahawks are this or that, because that hasn't always been the case, historically its been different, they got it together. Its not like they magically turned around, they just more or less, made less and less mistakes each game and got on a dominant roll where everything was clicking.

Who's to say the 2-3 2015 Seahawks can't do the same. Yeah HFA looks harder every game the Packers, Cards, Falcons, and Panthers win. But you take this one game at time a time, and who knows how the standing will look in 13 weeks. Seahawks have enough experience now, where just getting to play-offs on a dominant run, they could do some things.

And honestly, if we have to talk about it, if they completely s**t the bed, to like an 9-7 or worse season missing the Play-Offs..

I'm not sure if that would be the end of the world, I think that could be refreshing in the sense that you know some big shake-ups will take place (Offensive Coaching), and the draft position would be a good trade-off to actually get some quality O-Line talent for once, the core of the team would get an extra month or so of rest, you could give extra reps to all the young players, and above anything else a disappointing season I think would refocus the team, make them hungry, mad, and energize them over the off-season to get back what was taken, to kind of become the hunters again instead of the hunted.
Great post! Time for the players only meeting like they had last year after the SD loss.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I remember hearing this crap last year when they were 3-3. They're done, same old Hawks, put a fork in em etc.
2 losses in OT on the road. This team could easily, and should easily be 4-1.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10ye6qpl said:
I remember hearing this crap last year when they were 3-3. They're done, same old Hawks, put a fork in em etc.
2 losses in OT on the road. This team could easily, and should easily be 4-1.
Could easily be 1-4 as well. Just sayin'.