Is Russell Wilson worth extending?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
How is this thread 100 posts?

Yes, yes he is...........unless you'd like another 38 years of busts and journeymen QB's leading us to 7-9 records.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
scutterhawk":377poe8x said:
brimsalabim":377poe8x said:
Spin doctor's post above gives him away as pure troll.
E X A C T L Y !!!!
This is without equal, the dumbest post I've read in, in, in, hell, since I don't know when.
I'm still not seeing anybody address my issues I have with Wilson, they are legitimate. Instead people are calling me a 'stupid troll'. I can assure you that I'm not trolling. In my mind in order for a player to justify such a hefty salary, they need to prove they can carry an offense on their back. Can Wilson do that for a prolonged period of time? It's a legitimate question, because Wilson may need to do that if he signed to a massive contract.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3m8b2h2f said:
scutterhawk":3m8b2h2f said:
brimsalabim":3m8b2h2f said:
E X A C T L Y !!!!
This is without equal, the dumbest post I've read in, in, in, hell, since I don't know when.
I'm still not seeing anybody address my issues I have with Wilson, they are legitimate. Instead people are calling me a 'stupid troll'. I can assure you that I'm not trolling. In my mind in order for a player to justify such a hefty salary, they need to prove they can carry an offense on their back. Can Wilson do that for a prolonged period of time? It's a legitimate question, because Wilson may need to do that if he signed to a massive contract.
It's because your issues with Wilson are nitpicks. PFM can't run for shit, and has a wimp arm. He compensates by being extra good at quick passing. Every QB has issues. Roethlisberger doesn't use the middle of the field much either, and holds the ball too long. Aaron Rodgers holds the ball too long and just plain sucks at coming from behind in the 4th quarter. They have issues too. Tom Brady has a history of folding when the pressure is constant. An issue. Probably you need to examine how you define "carrying an offense on his back". I expect your definition is narrow.

The simple reality is that in 4 or 5 years, there will be at lest ten or so QBs, if not far more, in the range of 15-20 mil. It is just the way the league is trending. In the years where those big salaries were outliers, yes, they handicapped teams to an extent. As they become the new norm, they will just be part of the landscape of succeeding in the NFL.

Here is the even bigger question: If Russ is to be let go, because he can't carry an offense on his back, whatever that means, what is your alternative plan?

Outline your plan, I am all ears.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":jveubsmc said:
I don't know why some of you can't just take the last 2 years and the superbowl out of your minds and actually think about the future when this team will not be able to afford any talent around wilson. His conservative/game managing role won't win games for us at that time.
Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because it's goofy to accentuate and focus on Wilson's pitfalls, and dismiss all his outstanding accomplishments.
It's a no brainer dude, the Seahawks are better off with having Wilson in there, than to take a chance that someone else won't wind up being injured because they may not have the ABILITIES that Wilson has to make something out of a broken play, or series of plays where his supporting cast wasn't getting it done, and he single handedly wins a few for us.
I won't even consider ignoring his attributes, just to satisfy someone else's doubts.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":yjv5j5db said:
scutterhawk":yjv5j5db said:
brimsalabim":yjv5j5db said:
E X A C T L Y !!!!
Okay, so YOU don't sign him, what's your next mistake going to be?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2d0kqxc5 said:
I'm not convinced he could ever run a conventional NFL style offense very well.
If I'm hitting dead center of the bulls eye, what difference does it make if I'm using a scope, or open sights?
Look, it's Wilson's positives, and extraordinary play that keeps the Seahawks in the conversation.
If you want to just focus on his negatives, or hang your doubts on Wilson, I don't have the answer, nor do I have the desire to try and convince anyone who goes off in that tangent otherwise.
Your premise, is that once he get's his payday, everything is probably going to go to shit.
You are stuck with your doubts,

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1xip3ft3 said:

Even if every single one of your concerns are real, you still give Russell an extension.........because what's the alternative?

The NFL is a QB league, either you have a good one and have a chance to win every week, or you have a bad one and struggle.

Bottom line for me, it doesn't matter HOW Russell wins, all that matters is he wins. So all your points are invalid, dude wins. Period.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Not every QB is going to be Peyton or Brady, we have a top 15 QB guaranteed. When you have a top 15 QB, you continue to sign him until he's not a top 15 QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2aysqxvb said:
Spin Doctor":2aysqxvb said:
scutterhawk":2aysqxvb said:
brimsalabim":2aysqxvb said:
E X A C T L Y !!!!
Okay, so YOU don't sign him, what's your next mistake going to be?
He wouldn't have the chance to make one it if he were the GM.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1mzhhhhh said:
Spin Doctor":1mzhhhhh said:
scutterhawk":1mzhhhhh said:
brimsalabim":1mzhhhhh said:
E X A C T L Y !!!!
It's because your issues with Wilson are nitpicks. PFM can't run for shit, and has a wimp arm. He compensates by being extra good at quick passing. Every QB has issues. Roethlisberger doesn't use the middle of the field much either, and holds the ball too long. Aaron Rodgers holds the ball too long and just plain sucks at coming from behind in the 4th quarter. They have issues too. Tom Brady has a history of folding when the pressure is constant. An issue. Probably you need to examine how you define "carrying an offense on his back". I expect your definition is narrow.

The simple reality is that in 4 or 5 years, there will be at lest ten or so QBs, if not far more, in the range of 15-20 mil. It is just the way the league is trending. In the years where those big salaries were outliers, yes, they handicapped teams to an extent. As they become the new norm, they will just be part of the landscape of succeeding in the NFL.

Here is the even bigger question: If Russ is to be let go, because he can't carry an offense on his back, whatever that means, what is your alternative plan?

Outline your plan, I am all ears.

+1

Carson Palmer just got 16.7m per year average lol, yeah I think Wilson is worth 4m or so more than that per year. Alex Smith with 17m , Dalton with 16m , Kaep with 19m etc. Structure is more important than anything.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Let me see, is RW worth resigning? The hardest position in all of sports to fill is the franchise QB, bar none. We have in RW the best QB in franchise history, sorry Matt and Jim, with the upside through the roof and longevity of probably 10+ years. He is afraid of nothing as proven in Super Bowl 48. There just isn't the big game syndrome for him.

Yes, I believe he should be resigned at the very second we can.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Thank you OP as this post pretty much guarantees RW rips it up this weekend.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Carson Palmer re-signing was a great move by the Cards.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Part of the evaluation has to include how good Wilson is in the biggest games.

Playoffs, primetime, Super Bowl - he has been the best qb on the field. May have some off weeks during the regular season, but when the stage and moment is the biggest he has the "it" factor; way moreso than Luck. Wilson has that championship clutchness that is hard to quantify or measure.

This sport is ultimately about championships and not regular season statistics; ride with the young clutch champ.

DrDix

Reaction score
What an utter complete joke of a post. Don't understand how after a SUPER BOWL win he has doubter like this. Unbelievable. How many years has Russ had a fluent, healthy O-Line? That answer is ZERO. He has constantly has backups on the o-line throughout his career. Not to mention that when healthy majority of the line is average at best.

How man true weapons has Russ had to throw to in his career? One, and that guy is coming from the backfield.

Russ makes EVERYONE around him better, he doesn't have the weapons Brady, Manning, Rodgers have and have had throughout their careers, yet he gets it done regardless.

How can you be a Seahawks fan and even remotely ask this question? Unreal.