Is Clowney a dirty player?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ignore them ClippedBird. This is like 9er fans telling us that Mullens was better than Garropolo, because until a couple weeks ago, he'd been the only one to beat Seattle.

That said, can you opine on why Sunfeld wasn't activated? His injury was what prompted the Eagles to reach out to McCown, but Sunfeld remained low man on the QB pole even after getting healthy.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I have not seen or heard that Wentz was indeed giving himself up. To my untrained eye he was running to get all he could get. The hit was not dirty and calling it so is another example of victim wagoning.(jumping on after the fact). It was a football play and Wentz was the unfortunate recipient of the play. Calling Clowney dirty or the play dirty is the real crime here.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3mb5dq87 said:
An Eagles fan pulling for the Packers. He must be a new fan.

The trash talk and overall whinging needs to move to the Shack.

It has happened to Russell. He’s taken at least one helmet-to-helmet hit this year that didn’t draw a flag. No, we weren’t happy about it, but we didn’t claim the opposing player was a dirty player due to a single play.

Edit to add photo of the referenced play.
09 18 at 55555 PM 33d7246ba99eb4af595a9f6c8430bbb9

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, how many times has be been drilled after a slide, way after a pass? It happens a lot. At least once in a while he actually gets a roughing call. How does one hit that should have drawn a 15 yard flag make a guy a "dirty player??"
If that's the case, the league is full of dirty players.

cymatica

Reaction score
Here's a take from someone whos been there dun that. Just really reinforces the fact that people calling for Clowney to be ejected, punished, or calling him dirty really have no clue what they are talking about.

https://youtu.be/UL8gXzXi2fI

justafan

Reaction score
I shouldnt have called it a dirty hit. I dont know what his thought were. It looked to me like he was aiming with his head but it could have been his shoulder but the head just got there first. I looked at it how I would feel if Wilson was hit like that.
If that long haired punk with the Rams hit Wilson like that I believe everyone here would have called it a dirty hit. I would have.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
sc85sis":2igvdzim said:
Uncle Si":2igvdzim said:

It has happened to Russell. He’s taken at least one helmet-to-helmet hit this year that didn’t draw a flag. No, we weren’t happy about it, but we didn’t claim the opposing player was a dirty player due to a single play.

Was Russell knocked out of that game?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClippedBird":3pzsjxrr said:
sc85sis":3pzsjxrr said:
Uncle Si":3pzsjxrr said:

Was Russell knocked out of that game?

The end result (injury or not) doesn't make a play dirty. Its the intent of the aggressor.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClippedBird":1fknzgpg said:
Interesting take from former NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira. Pereira is saying to look at it in real time not slow motion. In real time it is obvious that he drops the head and takes a shot according to Pereira.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...r-vp-officiating-calls-clowney-hit-cheap-shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sw0N26tHo

And yet hes not expected to get fined. So theres that.

Clowney has no terrible history of malicious play. All of this micoanalyzing of angles and slow motion is ridiculous.

What's more likely, that a guy considered to be a clean player suddenly tries to concuss a fellow player, or that a guy running full speed trying to make a play hurts him on accident?

Clowney has earned the benefit of the doubt. Give it to him.

And, didnt you start an im sorry thread? Seems like you are starting to wade back into murky waters. Might be time to just let this go.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
All of this micoanalyzing of angles and slow motion is ridiculous.

What's more likely, that a guy considered to be a clean player suddenly tries to concuss a fellow player, or that a guy running full speed trying to make a play hurts him on accident?

And, didnt you start an im sorry thread? Seems like you are starting to wade back into murky waters. Might be time to just let this go.[/quote]

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClippedBird":35sc6jd4 said:

And, didnt you start an im sorry thread? Seems like you are starting to wade back into murky waters. Might be time to just let this go.

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.[/quote]

Disagree. Clowney isn't a dirty player and has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Time to let it go.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
The play was not bush league. Carson Wentz was running to make a play and never made an attempt to give himself up. He got injured in the process of being tackled. To say that the play was Bush League is just flat out ridiculous. THIS IS FOOTBALL!

hburn21

Reaction score
ClippedBird":2md1h4tf said:

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.[/quote]
Okay it was the dirtiest play ever and Clowney should have been instantly eject from the nfl, feel better?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hburn21":3d75jjor said:
ClippedBird":3d75jjor said:

I am being civil. I am not salty anymore. What's done is done. Just admit that the play was a bit bush league.
Okay it was the dirtiest play ever and Clowney should have been instantly eject from the nfl, feel better?[/quote]

Even better, we all tell clippedeagle that Clowney is dirty, and in return clipped admits what he/she already knows: that Seattle wins the game anyway and this whole conversation is pointless in regards to the outcome of the game.

Seems like the best course of action in all honesty. We all get to move on.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
I am done. No more Clowney from me. The game is over and talking about it anymore would be futile. Let's move on,

MrThortan

Reaction score
After watching the play in real time it looks even more incidental

Latest posts