Is Clowney a dirty player?

sc85sis

Reaction score
bdawk20":2clo6pm1 said:
Hawkpower":2clo6pm1 said:
bdawk20":2clo6pm1 said:
To answer the op, yes he is...

You guys better hope there is no such thing as karma, wouldn't want Wilson to go out on a "normal football play" where a guy lowers his head and spears him after he goes down. Can only imagine the outrage...

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comment ... ntent=PSR1

Looking at Clowney's penalty history, he's led all outside linebackers in penalties in 2019

And in 2018

And in 2017

And was tied for 3rd in 2016

Clowney has been fined at least 5 times for roughing the passer.

Oct 2016 – $10,000 (vs Vikings)

Jan 2017 – $18,231 (vs Patriots)

Dec 2018 – $20,054 (vs Jets)

Dec 2018 – $40,110 (vs Eagles)

Oct 2019 – $21,056 (vs Browns)

I thought you were showing us evidence of Clowney being a dirty player.

You can get roughing the passer penalties for coughing on Brady’s knee these days. And in that regard, if every defensive player that gets a roughing the qb penalty is dirty, then who in the NFL isn’t??

Try again. At least you went in and got yourself a different username to carry this pathetic non story some more.

Another clean play. Clearly since it wasn't penalized. I

https://youtu.be/K5wqjF_0_84

mean guys get violently yanked down by their helmet all the time, it's just football right? Clowney is a trash human being who will intentionally hurt a playwr with no remorse. Congrats on the win but Philly never really got a fair shot. It's like the ending of karate kid except sweeping the leg actually produced a win.

Oh let's not forget this hit that basically forced college football to change the rules regarding targeting.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... tback-bowl

Don't mind me. Just lowering my head into a guys sternum for no apparent reason. Normal football play....

https://content.boards.philadelphiaeagl ... c8b003.png

Be objective for 2 seconds and imagine if he did any of this to Wilson, and it ended his season. If you are incapable I really hope you lose your QB on an unnecessary cheap shot, then we can all feel cheated together.

If you want to feel it was a dirty hit, fine. More power to you. But wishing for any player to get hurt Afro some perverse sens of “justice” because people on a message board disagree with you makes you as bad as what you’re projecting onto Clowney.

Be better than that or go away.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Eagles fans still being salty, surprised. Clowney was right they are the worst fans in the world.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":jp21294d said:
bdawk20":jp21294d said:
I don't know what other eagles fan you think I am but clearly they did not do their job. You guys keep pushing this idea that he is not a dirty player and deserves the benefit of the doubt I have provided tons of examples of this guy being a dirty player, the only reason I made a profile was to educate you on clowney and his long and storied history of cheap shots. I'm sure the mods can see from my ip I'm obviously not whoever the hell you are talking to.

OK....we are now educated.....now head back to the woods please!! :roll:

Ba831311ecfd5a00b4c4727aba5da279 md
Your educated?About time.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3gczcz5z said:
bdawk20":3gczcz5z said:
Hawkpower":3gczcz5z said:
bdawk20":3gczcz5z said:
To answer the op, yes he is...

You guys better hope there is no such thing as karma, wouldn't want Wilson to go out on a "normal football play" where a guy lowers his head and spears him after he goes down. Can only imagine the outrage...

Looking at Clowney's penalty history, he's led all outside linebackers in penalties in 2019

And in 2018

And in 2017

And was tied for 3rd in 2016

Clowney has been fined at least 5 times for roughing the passer.

Oct 2016 – $10,000 (vs Vikings)

Jan 2017 – $18,231 (vs Patriots)

Dec 2018 – $20,054 (vs Jets)

Dec 2018 – $40,110 (vs Eagles)

Oct 2019 – $21,056 (vs Browns)

You can get roughing the passer penalties for coughing on Brady’s knee these days. And in that regard, if every defensive player that gets a roughing the qb penalty is dirty, then who in the NFL isn’t??

Try again. At least you went in and got yourself a different username to carry this pathetic non story some more.

mean guys get violently yanked down by their helmet all the time, it's just football right? Clowney is a trash human being who will intentionally hurt a playwr with no remorse. Congrats on the win but Philly never really got a fair shot. It's like the ending of karate kid except sweeping the leg actually produced a win.

Oh let's not forget this hit that basically forced college football to change the rules regarding targeting.

Don't mind me. Just lowering my head into a guys sternum for no apparent reason. Normal football play....

Be objective for 2 seconds and imagine if he did any of this to Wilson, and it ended his season. If you are incapable I really hope you lose your QB on an unnecessary cheap shot, then we can all feel cheated together.

You said you were sorry. Then you continued taking shots.

You said you were done talking about it. But just changed your username and continued.

It is starting to get concerning at this point.

That is not me bro. Bdawk20 is just anther salty mofo and with great reason to be. He makes some good points. You go BDawk...These dudes are cool BDawk...

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Last one. I just grabbed this off one of my brothers on the EMB.

image.png.074d3e0d9db6462f6a892dba58c8b003.png

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yo, I don't even see this play on the DVR. It's like Carson looked fine and then he wasn't, and THEN the broadcast started showing the replay, which looked terrible. Like I said, I didn't get to even sit down and watch this first half live, so If someone has an exact time of when this play happened on the broadcast, please say when that happened.

balakoth

Reaction score
ClippedBird":2zmjrg22 said:

Damn now I gotta screen grab what the Eagles did to Wilson to show you..

You are an idiot.... period.

Give me till tomorrow morning please

balakoth

Reaction score
ClippedBird":2hqtqtnc said:

I love how ones of these is a head.. to the CHEST...

Grasping for straws at this point

Along with your cohorts using examples of fines that were rescinded, because clearly, its football

The hit last week was SOOO bad, Wentz still went on to play the series.

Yep... I feel for ya

balakoth

Reaction score
ClippedBird":11xm5x30 said:
Here it is real time. Start at around 38 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VILnSSsH6Ac

I watched it a bunch. I have never seen a more hidden yet devastating hit. I have to give it to Clowney there. He took a shot and got away with it at that moment.

YOur QB went on well aware for 5 plays.

The Clowney hit wasn't it

Secondly.. I cannot fathom how people believe people should value the QB over their own health

Keep your head up on that hit and you maybe snapping your neck.

Tell wentz to slide.

I SERIOUSLY.. cannot believe you are STILL here.

You do know none of our opinions mean anything right? No fine, hes not a dirty player, a good majority of the fines your fans have posted were overturned .... because you know what... its football.

Was our QB knocked out? Nope, because he's clearly not a sissy as Wentz has proven..

Also again.. your QB was in for 5 plays AFTER THE FACT....

bdawk20

Reaction score
balakoth":3fxfdvxb said:
ClippedBird":3fxfdvxb said:

Along with your cohorts using examples of fines that were rescinded, because clearly, its football

Yep... I feel for ya

The guy lowers his head so he can deliver blows with the crown of his helmet. He has done it his entire career. It's dangerous and illegal. If you love it so much I really hope you get to watch it happen to Wilson.

Now Wentz is a sissy because a guy speared him in the back of the head after he went down? Again, if it ever happens to Wilson I'll be back to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Also 90 percent of what I provided was not opinion. He is one of the most fined and peanilized players in the league, as I have shown. Your response is "he's not a dirty player, fines and peanilites are fake news, salt salt!!" In addition to that, just watch the guy play. He is dirty as hell with the eye test alone.

Mindsink

Reaction score
bdawk20":2lez0xsx said:
The guy lowers his head so he can deliver blows with the crown of his helmet. He has done it his entire career. It's dangerous and illegal. If you love it so much I really hope you get to watch it happen to Wilson.

Now Wentz is a sissy because a guy speared him in the back of the head after he went down? Again, if it ever happens to Wilson I'll be back to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Also 90 percent of what I provided was not opinion. He is one of the most fined and peanilized players in the league, as I have shown. Your response is "he's not a dirty player, fines and peanilites are fake news, salt salt!!" In addition to that, just watch the guy play. He is dirty as hell with the eye test alone.

You're seeing what you want to see, and dismissing what I and others have repeatedly said.

I'll try to explain another way...

He lowers his head because when you lower your torso/shoulder, the head naturally follows. He leads with his shoulder. Wentz unexpectedly takes a downward trajectory. Clowney misses the original anticipated point of contact. His momentum, along with gravity, carries him downwards to Wentz and unfortunately, helmet to helmet contact is made.

The comments about Wentz being a "sissy" are obviously meant in a joking way to play back at some of your silly banter. It's hard to believe you're taking it in a serious way and responding to it.

Eye test? Clowney plays aggressively. To you, that may seem dirty. Maybe it's because of his flowing locks? Kinda looks like the predator, right?

cymatica

Reaction score
bdawk20":27s14hc0 said:
balakoth":27s14hc0 said:
ClippedBird":27s14hc0 said:

Yep... I feel for ya

Running backs do it all the time, do you think it's dangerous then? And much has happened to Wilson on several occasions but no one cares, I'm sure you didn't either

That isn't what happened. Why do you keep lying? Wentz wasn't down and Clowney didn't spear him. You can clearly see that in the slow mo. In real time it's plain as day.

[/quote]

Everything you provided is opinion except posting Clowneys fines. It's your opinion it was a cheap shot, your opinion he is dirty, your opinion he was trying to take out Wentz, your opinion he speared Wentz when on the ground despite the replay showing otherwise. You also keep ignoring the fact Wentz kept playing after the hit and it didn't even look bad in real time.

If your goal is to make eagle fans look ignorant, then good job

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And hoping that Russ gets blasted? Extra classy. And for the record, he gets smoked after the play ALL THE FLIPPEN TIME. It just rarely gets called.

potatohead33

Reaction score
ClippedBird":l384lynk said:

So here's the full video of that first picture, and shows why still shots for things in motion are just stupid. He does contact the face mask at first but his hand moves to Foles' shoulder pad immediately after. Great tackle, great play.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/stat ... 3614382081

Also the second one looks to be at the one minute mark of this video, this is a normal football play. You may notice he's pushed towards Foles by #63 and then does not fall on top of Foles after the hit like he could have. You guys need to quit crying and just go away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYTra8NqOQ

jdc90

Reaction score
Absolutely and unequivocably not !
As a Texans' fan I've watched every game he's played for us since we drafted him in 2014.
I can remember in particularly a couple of very big plays that were game changing where JDC strip-sacked
former Colts QB Andy Luck and Clowney seemed to make a special effort to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact,
but we all know these types of collisions can't be totally avoided in every instance in todays NFL play.
The athlets are just too quick & fast and the action is so bang-bang that shixx does happen from time to time
for guys like Clowney who are often in the middle of the action.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, dirtiest player in the league. And the Hawks only won because Wentz got knocked out of the game by said dirty player. Even though he was in there for 5 more plays AFTER the hit. roll:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bdawk20":2x19dic7 said:
balakoth":2x19dic7 said:
ClippedBird":2x19dic7 said:

Yep... I feel for ya

Actually, there were quite a few Fletcher Cox things posted in this thread. Did you check those out? Maybe if Clowney starts punching people in the face like Cox he could get off your "dirty player" list.....

I cant imagine losing to a team and remaining on their board for 5 days after my season was over. Yikes.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClippedBird":mpjo6081 said:
Hawkpower":mpjo6081 said:
bdawk20":mpjo6081 said:
Hawkpower":mpjo6081 said:

You said you were sorry. Then you continued taking shots.

You said you were done talking about it. But just changed your username and continued.

It is starting to get concerning at this point.

That is not me bro. Bdawk20 is just anther salty mofo and with great reason to be. He makes some good points. You go BDawk...These dudes are cool BDawk...

The similarities between you "two" are striking. ;)

Largent80

Reaction score
Conrad Dobler was the dirtiest player I have ever seen....Clowney isn't in the conversation about dirty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Dobler

This is how the NFL takes care of their players.......Now disabled, Dobler has had nine knee replacements. Still in need of further surgeries, Dobler, like many other disabled pro football veterans, has been unable to gain disability assistance from the NFL

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":3oszhr7k said:
Conrad Dobler was the dirtiest player I have ever seen....Clowney isn't in the conversation about dirty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Dobler

This is how the NFL takes care of their players.......Now disabled, Dobler has had nine knee replacements. Still in need of further surgeries, Dobler, like many other disabled pro football veterans, has been unable to gain disability assistance from the NFL

Yeah Dobler would do stuff like eat something vile and puke in front of the opposition, spit in their face, grab their nuts in a pile up, rub some bad stuff on his uniform where the opposition would grab, actually shit his pant sitting on another player head as well.

Then was his play, knees late hit's punches, kicks extra shots after the whistle etc.