Is anyone

morgulon1

Reaction score
as excited as I am for tomorrow ?
This is the most anticipated season
opener I can remember. I'm not nervous as there's absolutely nothing I can do to affect the outcome but I'm pumped to see the rookies , the improved defense and I always look forward to seeing the Rams get their ass kicked . I can't say anything else that hadn't already been stated but

GO Hawks !!

I wanted to add that this is by far the best damn fan site on the interwebs. It's not even close .

Last edited:

LTH

Reaction score
Yeah man I'm pumped!! I forgot to make my bet with RedAlice.. I had something special planned!
I think it's going to be a fun game!
LTH

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'm more excited and less nervous, too. Even if they don't do as well as I hope in the final score, there are so many new and young players I want to see play.

Go Hawks!

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound like a debbie downer but I'm still somewhat in "chill mode" when it comes to the Seahawks. I honestly don't know where to put my expectations for this season. On the flip side that can make it exciting because it's a mystery.

I honestly just want them to perform better against the run. That's my greatest concern. If they can do that, I'll get my hopes up. That Raiders game last season is ingrained into my memory.

I expect them to beat the Rams. But the Rams always seem to play us hard ever since Sean Mcvay arrived.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
I've got about 45 years in a row of being excited for week one. Every year I'm optimistic, some years are a big let down, others are blissful. I can tell you I will be super bummed of we lay an egg against the Rams this week after all this hype.

So many unknowns this year, it's hard to know what to think. Even if we stink it up, we still have throwback day and BWags back!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Maaaan, I have been waiting on this game for what seems like a lifetime! I have my son with me for the weekend and he's at the age now (7) where he's really starting to understand the game, knows most of the skill position player's names/numbers and he's got that fresh, young "12" zeal...zest! We have been really bonding over all things SEAHAWK all offseason and it's finally "REAL" in just a few short 12 hours from now! We went to Safeway to get the ingredients for the game day cheesesteaks, and as we were walking out he made me buy a $5 Seahawks scratch ticket but I can't scratch it until after "we blow the Rams out!" (his words). After dinner, we played catch for a good hour and a half with his Hawks football and he was yelling "Geno!" when he threw it (he's got a little cannon) and "JIGBA!" or "Lockett!" every time he caught it.
He fell asleep clutching his Blitz stuffy watching the NFCCG against the hoe ass Packers.
20230910 012817

As an aside, he is really ENAMORED with what Coach Prime is building down there at CU and I think it's mainly because he sees in Deion/CU a lot of what I have drilled into him about why Pete Carroll era Seahawks is so much damn fun. This is a GAME, and it's meant to be played with your hair on fire and unrelenting, unapologetic; flair, style, "swag" (for lack of a better term) and, above all else, FUN. As long as you can back it up.

So, yeah, I probably won't get much sleep until LATE Sunday night/Monday morning, as usual on game night.

GO HAWKS!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I tried not to let my homerism get the best of me, but it has been creeping up. I'm just hoping everything goes to plan and the season shows the progress the team has made on paper, translated onto the field.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I am optimistic overall, but still worried about Seahawks run defense, especially the middle of the defensive line.

seabowl

Reaction score
I am optimistic overall, but still worried about Seahawks run defense, especially the middle of the defensive line
100%. Until I see this D actually play well for long stretches, I’m not buying it. It’s been five years now with a D that has kind of sucked.

The offense on the other hand looks to be primed for a very good season.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic, but not going to get my hopes up too much until I see real improvement on both sides of the ball.

seabowl

Reaction score
100%. Until I see this D actually play well for long stretches, I’m not buying it. It’s been five years now with a D that has kind of sucked.

The offense on the other hand looks to be primed for a very good season.
A prediction that looks like it is shockingly going to come true. Who would’ve thought?