In honor of my Dad

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
My Dad passed away August 4th. He was a lifelong Seahawks and Patriots fan. He grew up in Boston, so can't fault him there. He took me out to camps in Cheney whenever he could. Indoctrinated me into Seahawks football. Met several players over the years. By the way, he was pissed about the Seahawks losing to the Patriots in the SB. Good man. I'm going to miss him terribly, especially talking to him after Seahawks games.
I brought him to his first NFL game ever. A Seahawks preseason game against the Colts, Peyton Mannings first appearance in the NFL. I looked over at my Dad as the Seahawks were introduced as a team running on the field, and he was in tears.
Thank you, Dad, for the memories and all you meant to me.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about his passing, TotC. Good memories with fathers are worth hanging on to.

I miss my dad, too. He was a Vikings fan, but taught me why football is so fun. The Seahawks and Chargers (Dan Fouts era) were his 2nd favorite teams, especially the Zorn to Largent connection. I wish he could have celebrated the Seahawks SB with our family (though I was away for that game).

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Lost my dad in April. Lost my mom 11 months before that. I feel your pain. My dad wasn’t much of a football fan but damn did he like his baseball. If there was a Seahawks game on and a baseball game and I was visiting him, he’d watch the Seahawks with me. I think he might have been just as excited about XLVIII as me! Hang in there, it gets better. Kind of.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Condolences to you both. It's a wonderful thing to have memories you can cherish for the rest of your lives.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Great post! I bet most of us have people who got us into the NFL and who we have some of our most cherished memories of watching football with. For you to have been able to give back to your dad by taking him to his first game is amazing.

GemCity

Reaction score
My condolences to all who have lost a loved one.

My son (10 years old) and I bond over football. I’m actually typing this message in the car as we just finished practice. I’m also his head coach.

Amazing what this sport can do.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My Dad passed away August 4th. He was a lifelong Seahawks and Patriots fan. He grew up in Boston, so can't fault him there. He took me out to camps in Cheney whenever he could. Indoctrinated me into Seahawks football. Met several players over the years. By the way, he was pissed about the Seahawks losing to the Patriots in the SB. Good man. I'm going to miss him terribly, especially talking to him after Seahawks games.
I brought him to his first NFL game ever. A Seahawks preseason game against the Colts, Peyton Mannings first appearance in the NFL. I looked over at my Dad as the Seahawks were introduced as a team running on the field, and he was in tears.
Thank you, Dad, for the memories and all you meant to me.
My dad passed in early March. I miss talking sports and stuff with him.

My condolences on losing your dad. I’m glad you have such great memories with him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Lost my mother in late March. Big Mariners and Hawks fan. Will always cherish watching the Hawks win XLVIII with her, my father, one of my brothers, sis-in law, and nephew. Will never forget that glorious day. The best of times!

My condolences to those that have lost loved ones. Death is the shitty part of life.

NoChops

Reaction score
Lost my dad 6/20. Remember the early days of the dome. parking in the square, walking by the clubs I would see Seattle's greatest in 15 years later. Still remember talking about how I might have to get a 14 jersey, then he was gone. Love ya pop.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
My dad passed in early March. I miss talking sports and stuff with him.

My condolences on losing your dad. I’m glad you have such great memories with him.
Thank you for taking the time to write and I'm sincerely sorry for your recent loss as well.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Lost my dad in April. Lost my mom 11 months before that. I feel your pain. My dad wasn’t much of a football fan but damn did he like his baseball. If there was a Seahawks game on and a baseball game and I was visiting him, he’d watch the Seahawks with me. I think he might have been just as excited about XLVIII as me! Hang in there, it gets better. Kind of.
Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry for your recent huge losses.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
My condolences to all who have lost a loved one.

My son (10 years old) and I bond over football. I’m actually typing this message in the car as we just finished practice. I’m also his head coach.

Amazing what this sport can do.
My youngest just moved to Ohio to begin his college football career. You better watch out, your kid may be just a few years away himself. Football is a GREAT game that brings people together.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My mum passed away in July, I still don't think it has registered properly with me. My dad was with me this weekend and we took in some London sights but my mum not being there was the elephant in the room.

Every now and then I get a flashback that she has gone, like I'm not even thinking of her but she pops in my head, its like that feeling when you think you've lost your wallet and you find it in your other pocket except with this I remember she's not coming back. Its very surreal.

My condolences to all those who are in mourning. For whats its worth my Dad is a very lapsed Washington fan and I spent most of the weekend explaining why they werent the Redskins anymore. Mum didn't give a shit about NFL, she was all about those Uk soaps.