I'm not gonna talk much about the defense this week...

sutz

Reaction score
The thing is, every team gets into shootouts from time to time and that was what today's game turned into.

Sure, plenty of criticism can be levied on the D, but the important thing was to outscore the other guys today. Thanks to a pick-6 and a 40 burger from the O, we got the W. The O actually moved the ball in the 4th quarter and even scored multiple times in the 2d half.

Having said that, I thought the D actually improved a bit over the first couple of games. Still a lot of work to do, indeed, but there were some good signs as well.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The thing is, every team gets into shootouts from time to time and that was what today's game turned into.

Sure, plenty of criticism can be levied on the D, but the important thing was to outscore the other guys today. Thanks to a pick-6 and a 40 burger from the O, we got the W. The O actually moved the ball in the 4th quarter and even scored multiple times in the 2d half.

Having said that, I thought the D actually improved a bit over the first couple of games. Still a lot of work to do, indeed, but there were some good signs as well.
We gave up 40 points to a team missing their most important offensive pieces. They also had their number two receiver go down. They also were missing their starting guard and center in addition to Swifts absence in the running game. I shudder to think what a Lions team armed with those guys would have done to us.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The defense is absolutely horrible. If Cody Barton starts next week, Pete and his always compete line will have lost what little value remained in it.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
there's just no way to sugarcoat this performance by our defense.

Sea det not gonna cut it 1

we need to see rosterchurn along with schematic and playcalling adjustments.

Rainger

Reaction score
We gave up 40 points to a team missing their most important offensive pieces. They also had their number two receiver go down. They also were missing their starting guard and center in addition to Swifts absence in the running game. I shudder to think what a Lions team armed with those guys would have done to us.
Most likely nothing different

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Most likely nothing different
You don't think that DeAndre Swift, two starting lineman and Amon Ra-St Brown wouldn't have made a single difference? Not even a shred? I think that is wishful thinking. Just the presence of Amon Ra-St Brown would have completely changed how we had to play the Lions. They had a practice squad receiver out there against us.

morgulon1

Reaction score
You don't think that DeAndre Swift, two starting lineman and Amon Ra-St Brown wouldn't have made a single difference? Not even a shred? I think that is wishful thinking. Just the presence of Amon Ra-St Brown would have completely changed how we had to play the Lions. They had a practice squad receiver out there against us.
the Lions wouldve probably won.

Latest posts