If Lynch un-retired would you want him back for just 1 year?

If Lynch un-retired would you want him back for just 1 year?

• Yes

Votes: 53 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 129 70.9%

• Total voters

Heyseed

Reaction score
Yes
Lynch is going to feel a ton better without a hernia

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's always sad when an icon has come to the end of his career, like Lynch and many others before him. For them all it's hard coming to grips with the reality your days of playing football are over.

I loved everything Lynch brought to the table, especially his signature toughness. Running backs lose something at 30 and unfortunately Lynch is no exception. Marshawn's injury situation was worsening as his body was breaking down with the punishment it absorbed from his running style. For all the above reasons well stated by others he's done and won't be back to diminish the career he had here. In the end what is best for the beast is to stay retired. It's time to move on, the team clearly has done so..

Lynch is an odd duck and always did things differently, this story will likely play out as Marshawn wants it to, however it does I wish him nothing but the best of luck. I hope he decides to stay retired as I selfishly only want to think of him as a Seahawk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2qtsiqc1 said:
kearly":2qtsiqc1 said:
Additionally, he's filed retirement papers which means that his previous contract was terminated.

This is new. Please explain how you got this information.

Unless the filing of Lynch's retirement papers has been unreported for some odd reason, the above is incorrect. To date only the team has filed papers placing Lynch on the team's 'reserved retired' list. Marshawn hasn't been heard from,except for the iconic hung up sneakers tweet.

Basis4day

Reaction score
PFT really wants this to stay a story for some reason.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russell Wilson had one of the best seasons he has ever had, and we almost got knocked out in the first playoff game.

The one year in the past 3 we did not have Lynch available to us, is the year we didn't get to the SB.

Of course I would take a healthy Lynch back, but is there a healthy Lynch?

This team is better with Lynch. It is better on defense. And it wears down the opposing defense. And if you get near the goal line? Lynch is an almost assured TD.

Wilson is a tremendous QB, but without Lynch this team is nowhere near as dangerous. So of course I would take Lynch back, but he is not coming back.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3c88m1vm said:
No way. What would be the point? The warrior has already given us everything he has, now he needs to rest his body and move into the next chapter of his life. We don't need the distractions nor our debating why his stats have declined. We have the ring, we have the memories...Nothing more is needed from the tired warrior.

The OP wasn't overly specific, so in my mind, he'd be reversing his retirement because we maybe had a few season long injuries to our new young backs and we were in a bind, so I'd say yes. I really don't see him coming back to play unless there were some fairly extenuating circumstance.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
No, I loved Marshawn but next man up. We just drafted a ton of RB's and have Rawls. Plus he seemed out of sorts last season.

Wouldn't mind seeing him play for the Raiders (as long as they don't play us).

NYCoug

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ny5ap3l8 said:
Hell yeah. As long as Beast wants to play he has a spot on my Seahawks.

And that's just one reason why you'll always have a spot on my .Net all-time roster.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
NYCoug":1w20dsio said:
Zebulon Dak":1w20dsio said:

And that's just one reason why you'll always have a spot on my .Net all-time roster.

:happydrunks:

LolaRox

Reaction score
No, I'm ready to move on from him. I started to question his 'desire' to play after the injury last season with all the talk about 'trying to get the fight back' or whatever the terms used were and then him not getting on the plane to MN raised my eyebrow.

No doubt Marshawn has given everything to this team and I appreciate that, but its time...

The only way I would want him back is if the Seahawks were in position, like last season, where they lost both of the top backs and were headed into the playoffs. If ML was all in on coming back for another SB run and was healthy and in shape then I say yes.

Smoke

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":q5k3zv3j said:

I'm saying though, what beast mode wants. Beast mode can get.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Suspect he will only come back to play for the Raiders. If he does, yeah, let the compensation begin, though I doubt the team will bring in a haul for him.

Rocket

Reaction score
1) Jason Cole is a complete twitball...
2) he's going by the M-Rob - Sherm interview, and Lynch was in the facility. He's pulling a rabbit from his own ass.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm not sure. If he is completely healed up and ready to go I think he could help us, but if the desire is not 100% there and he still has some lingering issues from last year then no.