If last night was Pet-ball

mrt144

Reaction score
John63":s47gcly9 said:
Spin Doctor":s47gcly9 said:
My bad, just looked at Fitzpatricks stats, he ain't so bad, one year was shockingly good.

A middle of the road QB will not get us where we need to be, but I'm not so sure a Russell Wilson will either. I say this not as a slight to Wilson, but rather to the cost of Wilson when paired with this offensive scheme.

NP on fitz. On the 2nd part. I went back and forth on it. I even said it in a thread on this forum. Then I went and relooked at the games this season, and our SB season. And in at least 5 games or more in both seasons there were plays, and throws that Wilson made that were essential to our winning, that only a small handful of QBs can make, all ouur top QBs and get paid. So unless we get lightning in a bottle again we need Wilson and those 40 or so plays a year that only a very few can do. With him we are perennial playoff team who if things go right can win it all. Without him we are one of a lot of teams that are or have been looking for that QB. So the question becomes do we have a better chance of getting that QB in the draft, or of getting a DB, LB, and or Olineman in the draft or FA. The history says DB, LB, or olineman.

I rewatched the 2013 season over the last couple of weeks of this season and the thing that struck me was the individual heroic efforts on some plays, whether thats Marshawn, RW, Sherm, ET, whoever.

I came away feeling like Pete puts them in a good spot with a lot of things but the teams success and failure in aggregate is more talent bound because at that time the talent and technique saved their ass mutiple times. Not much discrete tactical decision value, just straight up ballers making plays.

Latest posts