Idea: Tim Tebow

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
SDHawk":28incn2q said:
SacHawk2.0":28incn2q said:
pehawk":28incn2q said:
I actually do like Tebow as a back-up here. If there ever was a fit for him, it'd be here (only in a pinch as a back-up). Sorry, I kind of like dudes that win.

Yeah, but do you like him enough to trade away a draft pick and pay his salary?

Just wait for him to get cut.
I probably wouldn't trade, either. My view is if the rest of the NFL is going to try to cast him to the CFL, I agree with pehawk that this would be the very best team fit for him. No chance he can compete for the starting job at QB (that's the straw man argument that some like to inject to those of us who are proponents.) No comparison to the talent of Russell Wilson. But, in a pinch, Tebow would do better on Sundays than many other options if the Seahawks had to turn to their #2 QB. He's a winner and how he resurrected that Denver team and even won a playoff game doesn't just happen. No fluke there.
Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin played amazingly well together: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... ml?refer=y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-fERGyi4Os

Too, don't forget... #15 was just made available for a new Seahawk to be.

The Radish

Reaction score
Lady Talon":hxbml2tb said:
Why would you want thousands of Tebow's followers using every idiotic argument in the book no matter how devoid of football sense to convince us why Tebow should start rather then Wilson? Because no matter how good Wilson is, those morons and the media that actually thinks America cares about Tebow's following would rage on about it endlessly.

If I were a GM I'd send him to the CFL for a 6 pack of Kokanee. And I hate beer.

I'm not a big beer drinker either but kind of like Kokanee and would never devalue it like that.

:roll:

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
In the history of the NFL, ZERO quarterbacks named Tebow have ever won a Super Bowl. Just to put this all in perspective.

CANHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":23na3i4x said:
Lady Talon":23na3i4x said:
Why would you want thousands of Tebow's followers using every idiotic argument in the book no matter how devoid of football sense to convince us why Tebow should start rather then Wilson? Because no matter how good Wilson is, those morons and the media that actually thinks America cares about Tebow's following would rage on about it endlessly.

If I were a GM I'd send him to the CFL for a 6 pack of Kokanee. And I hate beer.

I'm not a big beer drinker either but kind of like Kokanee and would never devalue it like that.

THANK YOU!

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to say we could sign Tim Elbow, use him as a fullback. Then we could trade Beastmode and save money against the cap.

Now that's the kind of thing Elbow supporters would think of.

:141847_bnono:

Lady Talon

Reaction score
The Radish":2v395p5c said:
Lady Talon":2v395p5c said:

Apologies to Canada's breweries. :thirishdrinkers:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":35j0tsck said:
http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/6621/20130401/tim-tebow-trade-rumors-seattle-seahawks-emerge-with-interest.htm

While I could see the team bring Tebow in based on their "no stone unturned" philosophy, I doubt they'd trade for him, as it would cost at least one draft pick and force them to take on his rookie deal (which was a 1st rounder back before the new CBA made rookie deals more reasonable). His contract would eat up pretty much all the room created by Flynn's trade.

Largent80

Reaction score
I sure would like to know this "skillset" that this guy supposedly possesses. Because I haven't seen anything that makes me say WOW, I really would like to have this guy on my team.

When he was a college player, yeah, but this is FAR from college.

Zybot

Reaction score
That article is from 4/1/13. Umm, I think it doesn't take into account some moves made since then. Just sayin'.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
Zybot":2ud5pzs6 said:
That article is from 4/1/13. Umm, I think it doesn't take into account some moves made since then. Just sayin'.

Like the imaginary Thigpen signing?

Zybot

Reaction score
SDHawk":4lcap9a2 said:
Zybot":4lcap9a2 said:

Boy, guess I am out of touch. So that didn't really happen even though it was listed on the front page of the Hawks page?? LoL... well umm not sure what to think of this then.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
Zybot":14szw925 said:
SDHawk":14szw925 said:
Zybot":14szw925 said:

Boy, guess I am out of touch. So that didn't really happen even though it was listed on the front page of the Hawks page?? LoL... well umm not sure what to think of this then.

show me

Zybot

Reaction score
SDHawk":2p99vhbu said:
I'm probably getting posts on here confused. I had just assumed that what I read on here had actually happened. There was some FA move that someone said had finally been posted on Seahawks.com. I remembered that it was Thigpen, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe it was Obamanu getting released that I was thinking of? That happened right? I think I am getting early dementia.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
Zybot":2r66b1ge said:
SDHawk":2r66b1ge said:
I'm probably getting posts on here confused. I had just assumed that what I read on here had actually happened. There was some FA move that someone said had finally been posted on Seahawks.com. I remembered that it was Thigpen, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe it was Obamanu getting released that I was thinking of? That happened right? I think I am getting early dementia.

Yeah the rumor is that Thigpen/Hawks had agreed to terms but Aros updated the thread noting that this is still unconfirmed.

I think the Hawks can afford to wait for depth behind Wilson. There seems to be some late round projects in the draft and I'm pretty sure Jets will want to release Tebow.

canfan

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1bbguims said:

As a Canadian, I would have to view that as a hostile action aimed at detroying the already unstable CFL! Lets save the Seahawks, the CFL, and possibly the entire nation of Canada and send him on a one way mission to Africa instead. :2:

canfan

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":cnzjaxbi said:
Why do you want Tebow to get AIDS?

A misunderstanding I assure you. I'm suggesting he give "aid" not get AIDS! :D