Idea: Tim Tebow

SeattleSprtsHub

Reaction score
SDHawk":hsd9z8i9 said:
What do you guys think of bringing on Tim Tebow as a FB/TE (and on desperate occassions, QB)?

I think he could make a nice understudy for Mike Rob.

I don't think any options for us can be ruled out, if Pete and John want to make the move I would be all for it.

edogg23

Reaction score
I don't understand all the Tebow hate. He has more wins in the playoffs than Manning does in Denver. He was put into the worse situation possible in NY and still kept a positive attitute. Whats not to like. No one will want him to start over Wilson. It's not his fault that in both cities that he has played, the starting qb in front of him was absolute garbage.

pastapadre

Reaction score
edogg23":3gwsmyw4 said:
I don't understand all the Tebow hate. He has more wins in the playoffs than Manning does in Denver. He was put into the worse situation possible in NY and still kept a positive attitute. Whats not to like. No one will want him to start over Wilson. It's not his fault that in both cities that he has played, the starting qb in front of him was absolute garbage.

I don't think most people hate Tebow necessarily. They hate the select fans who act like he's the greatest player there is, and they hate the media that won't stop talking about him whether there is a shred of reason to or not.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
pastapadre":e9m0w23f said:
edogg23":e9m0w23f said:

I don't think most people hate Tebow necessarily. They hate the select fans who act like he's the greatest player there is, and they hate the media that won't stop talking about him whether there is a shred of reason to or not.
r u theeeeee pastapadre, amigo?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
never been a big tebow fan OR a big tebow hater, I get annoyed with all the tebow talk is about it. He's not a great QB, i'm not sure he wouldn't be a good backup though. He's obviously a hard worker and a heck of an athelete, if he resigned himself to being a backup and situational player and dedicated himself to that, I think he could help the team.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Look how long this thread is, the guy is polarizing and honestly at a cost of 4 million a year he's in no way worth that salary.

edogg23

Reaction score
He doesn't make 4 million a year or anywhere close to that to my knowledge. Not saying that he is even a good fit, but I also don't believe he is some kind of cancer. He's a decent athlete with a great work ethic and a big heart.

Sac

Reaction score
You're right, his number is 2.58 million. Still too much money.

I say take Matt Scott in the 3rd if he's there. If not, I'm ok rolling with Portis.

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Were talking about a back up position, someone who can come in god forbid anything happened to Russ and lead our team IF nescessary. So why not Tebow? Is Thigpen, Vince, Portis or a rookie capable of doing so? Maybe, but Tebow has starting experience, has won a playoff game, and is a proven leader and winner. So I say why not. Put the personal agendas aside and realize we're talking about someone who probably won't ever even see the field. What's the big deal? I'd much rather have someone who knows what it's like to play in the NFL over the unknowns or maybes. But that's just my opinion.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
YaktownHawK":2pnd5wqs said:
Were talking about a back up position, someone who can come in god forbid anything happened to Russ and lead our team IF nescessary. So why not Tebow?
Because god keeps finding ways to put him on the field in a leadership role. Tanzania yes, Tebow NO.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":283a0xui said:
You're right, his number is 2.58 million. Still too much money.

I say take Matt Scott in the 3rd if he's there. If not, I'm ok rolling with Portis.

Tebow has escalators written into his contract. These can be re-earned through playing time. $5m in 2013, $6.25m in 2014. If we sign Tebow, and Russ goes down. He's a millstone around our neck if he hits his target in relief.

This is why he wont work converting to FB/TE either.

No secret why the Jets wouldn't play him.

How many players will be gone in 2014 if he starts 8+ games next season and hits us for $7.58m? If we don't win a superbowl, we'll still feel like the Baltimore Ravens watching 15 starters cut or let go in FA because of Tebows noodle arm and/or untested FB/TE ability, last time I saw a pass thrown his way, he head butted the damn thing.

If he's just going to sit around and hold a clipboard and flip his skirts up to try and distract the 49ers from winning vs. us, we could pay a cute rookie $500k to do it for him.

Owned either way, let him rot on the Jets' roster. He wanted to go there.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I know that trading Flynn allowed the Seahawks to free up some cap space and possibly resign Bam Bam, but I can't help feeling like our backup QB situation has gone from the best in the NFL to a circus sideshow.

Not digging it at all.

But then again, I didn't dig the 3rd round pick last draft, and I thought letting Houchemandzadeh go was a terrible idea. SO what the hell do I know?

dunceface

Reaction score
SDHawk":10dk1hml said:
http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/6621/20130401/tim-tebow-trade-rumors-seattle-seahawks-emerge-with-interest.htm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3585 ... h-seahawks

As already mentioned the first article was posted on April Fools day ans who's ever heard of iSports?!!
The other article is from 2010.
More recently, during this past season I believe, when Carroll was asked about the prospect of bringing Tebow here he practically laughed it off and said something to the effect of "No thanks"