Idea: Tim Tebow

12evanf

Reaction score
We already gave up our 1st rounder, so I'm not sure we have enough bargaining chips left.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":4f22ufms said:
I'd rather have Tim Tebow than say... a raging case of chlamydia... but other than that; no thank you.

That's doubly harsh, because you already have chlamydia.

jack_patera

Reaction score
if i had a choice of getting stung by 1000 bees at once or seeing tebow in a seahawks uni...i'd...i'd...i'd take my chances with the bees...

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
12evanf":1910ujst said:
We already gave up our 1st rounder, so I'm not sure we have enough bargaining chips left.

That's hilarious.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cram Tebow as far up any orifice of your choice as desired.

Hell to the NO to Teblow.

pehawk

Reaction score
I love Strap's recent contributions. Can I get a "pehawk sucks?"

I want Tebow for ONE reason, his delicious lips. Gay or straight, they're juicy and inviting.

In ALL seriousness, I'm willing to be bashed for it, but I'd welcome it. I've said it before, Tebow would actually do better here than anywhere else due to the offensive system.

formido

Reaction score
Tebow would be a welcome addition under the right terms. He has talent. He's a horrible passer, which makes it all the more remarkable that he had a clearly winning effect on Denver during his time there. Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!

I also enjoy having sideshows on the teams I root for. Unless there's direct personal animosity between directly interacting parts of a team, sideshows don't lose games, except in the imaginations of people who let their annoyance bias their POV.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
No. Never. No. Ever. No. Absolutely no. Never. Let it be.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Why would you want thousands of Tebow's followers using every idiotic argument in the book no matter how devoid of football sense to convince us why Tebow should start rather then Wilson? Because no matter how good Wilson is, those morons and the media that actually thinks America cares about Tebow's following would rage on about it endlessly.

If I were a GM I'd send him to the CFL for a 6 pack of Kokanee. And I hate beer.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.

Whatever the conventional "wisdom", I'd consider Tebow at the expense of my genitalia, orifices, etc

"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":3btwjmsc said:
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.

"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"

Here's the valid reason you're searching for.

Tebow doesn't seem to be willing to take a FB/TE role. He could probably be very good with that role. But he seems to be determined to compete as a QB, and he's just not a viable option at that position.

But even on the off chance he was willing to make the switch, the media circus that comes with him is problematic. That's not his fault (entirely), but it could present a distraction for the team. And you have to wonder if having that extra FB/TE is worth the potential distraction.

A

Anonymous

SacHawk2.0":1plz8zza said:

I'm not going to dignfy this thread with anything even remotely resembling a response.

Ok, I'll play along. . .

I'd have to submit a response exactly duplicating what the above gentlemen has already issued. Tebow is a over-hyped drama queen who has gotten lucky enough times to fool people into thinking he has skills.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":ram5u3xs said:
SDHawk":ram5u3xs said:

Tebow doesn't seem to be willing to take a FB/TE role. He could probably be very good with that role. But he seems to be determined to compete as a QB, and he's just not a viable option at that position.

But even on the off chance he was willing to make the switch, the media circus that comes with him is problematic. That's not his fault (entirely), but it could present a distraction for the team. And you have to wonder if having that extra FB/TE is worth the potential distraction.

Do you feel the same way about Sherman and Mike Rob?

Twitter war, media circus, youtube shows, where do you draw the line?

What drew more attention to the Jets last season? Jets losing record, Sanchez's buttfumble, Rex Ryans tattoo or Tim Tebow?

Happy

Reaction score
SDHawk":3dh40hjs said:

Whatever the conventional "wisdom", I'd consider Tebow at the expense of my genitalia, orifices, etc

Reasons why bringing Tim Tebow to Seattle is a non-starter.

1. He can't throw.
2. He can't throw.
3. He can't throw.

He's everything you could ever want from a quarterback except for that. Bit of a problem. You seem to think it's a personal thing but the reality is fans want their team to win so bad you can be a rapist in this league and the fans will want you if you can play the position at a high level. It's not because of his beliefs or the backlash against the cult of personality. That argument just doesn't stand up to reality. Which is Tim Tebow can't throw.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1s9sygz1 said:
SacHawk2.0":1s9sygz1 said:

I'm not going to dignfy this thread with anything even remotely resembling a response.

Ok, I'll play along. . .

I'd have to submit a response exactly duplicating what the above gentlemen has already issued. Tebow is a over-hyped drama queen who has gotten lucky enough times to fool people into thinking he has skills.

Thanks for the dignified response. You could have sprinkled genitalia and orifices in there somewhere.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":1zhotuku said:
volsunghawk":1zhotuku said:
SDHawk":1zhotuku said:

Do you feel the same way about Sherman and Mike Rob?

Twitter war, media circus, youtube shows, where do you draw the line?

What drew more attention to the Jets last season? Jets losing record, Sanchez's buttfumble, Rex Ryans tattoo or Tim Tebow?

Tebow at first. The only reason the rest of your examples gained more attention was because the Jets kept Tebow parked on the sidelines.

As for Sherman and Mike Rob, Robinson does his own videos and he's not even in the same atmosphere as Tebow when it comes to media coverage.

Sherman is closer, but the difference is that he's a playmaker and much better at his position than Tebow is at his.