Idea: Tim Tebow

hawksman53

Reaction score
seriously?? 2 years later and were still talking about this crap? Tebow is HORRIBLE and I don't want him anywhere near our team. He was a good college QB because of the guys he had around him and thats it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3klwi8z0 said:
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...

Bravo!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":2akzs0fn said:
Largent80":2akzs0fn said:
Thunderhawk":2akzs0fn said:
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...

That's your argument? Someone is clearly projecting. Try refuting the points in the post to demonstrate your superiority.

Isn't there a policy in here about attacking the post and not the poster?

Throwdown

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":5wb345cs said:
pehawk":5wb345cs said:
Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.
I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast

Stop it, both of you.

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3jjne6ad said:
TeamoftheCentury":3jjne6ad said:
pehawk":3jjne6ad said:
Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.
I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast

Stop it, both of you.

Yes, because you're bromance with Portis is based in reality?

We all have "that guy" in our hearts, mine's Tebow and yours is Portis. Neither of us is wrong. The only person who's wrong is Scottemojo, because his "that guy" is Rex Grossman.

Sac

Reaction score
pehawk":2632k6u6 said:
Throwdown":2632k6u6 said:
TeamoftheCentury":2632k6u6 said:
pehawk said:

I agree.

Stop it, both of you.

Yes, because you're bromance with Portis is based in reality?

We all have "that guy" in our hearts, mine's Tebow and yours is Portis. Neither of us is wrong. The only person who's wrong is Scottemojo, because his "that guy" is Rex Grossman.

You're just trolling now, pe. You don't really like Tebow.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Allegedly we got rid of Flynn because he does not fit the system, who is a better fit at this point? Wallace? Portis? Thigpen?

I think Pete knows how to handle a media circus, and besides we would not have that problem because we and the world knows RW is not Mark Sanchez, there is no question who our starter is and if Tebow (who does have a unique skillset) just plays ball....whatever that means, I think he could be quite valuable to the Seahawks.

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3lbdppe9 said:
Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!

Oh yeah? You wanna play games?

I call your "beautiful man" and raise you delicious, born-again, juicy lipped Tebow.

O TIM TEBOW GQ MAGAZINE JESUS POSE 570

Throwdown

Reaction score
pehawk":sbefbbwu said:
Throwdown":sbefbbwu said:

I call your "beautiful man" and raise you delicious, born-again, juicy lipped Tebow.

Too feminine for me.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":23h9igmv said:
pehawk":23h9igmv said:
Throwdown":23h9igmv said:

Too feminine for me.

I love the idea of RW and Tebow trading friendship bracelets and bible quotes with each other.

pehawk

Reaction score
I actually do like Tebow as a back-up here. If there ever was a fit for him, it'd be here (only in a pinch as a back-up). Sorry, I kind of like dudes that win.

Sac

Reaction score
pehawk":27znlw2m said:
I actually do like Tebow as a back-up here. If there ever was a fit for him, it'd be here (only in a pinch as a back-up). Sorry, I kind of like dudes that win.

Yeah, but do you like him enough to trade away a draft pick and pay his salary?

pehawk

Reaction score
7th rounder? Sure. How much is his salary?

I think he'd be the perfect study partner for Wilson. And the study portion is so important, I'm going to assume that's why the Seahawks passed on an uber-talented VY.

OP
OP
SDHawk

SDHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":38pf89t4 said:
pehawk":38pf89t4 said:

Yeah, but do you like him enough to trade away a draft pick and pay his salary?

Just wait for him to get cut.

Sac

Reaction score
pehawk":k2452v4q said:
7th rounder? Sure. How much is his salary?

I think he'd be the perfect study partner for Wilson. And the study portion is so important, I'm going to assume that's why the Seahawks passed on an uber-talented VY.

He was a first round pick, i think his salary was in Flynn territory but i could bee wrong.