I was wrong

OP
OP
Decimation

Decimation

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3v4brfyc said:
I feel better about the road losses against Denver and Chicago than I do about this win.

It was certainly nice to see on a short week and may give Seattle a needed momentum boost to build a little tear.

But our defensive performances against Denver and Chicago were still monuments to how much talent Seattle has managed to retain, acquire, and develop.

Same man. Same. Those losses sucked, but were not as bad as most teams make us out to be. If we can carry this motivation forward then the hawks are going to kick some serious ass!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
HawkGA":4kos442w said:
The big question is whether the team will recognize what works and what doesn't. That seemed to be something the team has had trouble with the last couple of years. Find something that works . . . and change it!

Indeed.

It was a fun win and this season we best take what we can get because there is plenty to worry about.

Hoping they continue to allow Carson more runs. He shows some real potential.

Biggest surprise was how solid the O-line looked. Not great mind you - but vastly improved. The Dallas defense did seem to be under-performing though. Knew their offense was pretty weak but thought their D was better than what they showed today.

Our D had another solid outing. Again, not spectacular but improved.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
mrblitz":1bbtapd6 said:
from the box score, it looks like the pass defense for the seahawks is lights out. dak was horrible, and was sacked 5 times. seahawks have something like 7 interceptions in 3 games.

zeke had 7.9 per carry though, so the run defense needs work.

carson didn't have a great ypc (3.2), but with 22 receiving yards, he had 124 all-purpose yards. wilson had really good stats.

the only thing i would say from that is, maybe we were lucky the cowboys didn't run zeke more (16 carries). but we did totally take dak out of the game.

oh, and maybe dallas would have lost even bigger, if wilson had thrown the ball more. wilson was having a solid, if not great day.

but you know, carson was 'running bigger' than the 3.2 ypc result. on that one drive where we went up 24-6, carson had several effective rushes, including the td.

Harder to run when you are up 3 scores and everyone is expecting it. Easier to run when you are down 3 scores and teams expect you to pass. That alone explains much of the ypc disparity between the teams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Aaah, someone has hope and people shoot it down to tell him to relax. Yep, even after a win, the Debbie Downers won't allow people to enjoy it

Steve2222

Reaction score
Fade":2hf3bien said:
Steve2222":2hf3bien said:
The NFC is incredibly weak this year. We will be in the playoff hunt by default.

Interesting. I thought it was the other way around, but you might be right.

The teams at the top haven't looked great except for the Rams.

Who looks like a world beater outside of the Rams?

Philly with two less than stellar wins against ATL and Indy?
Minnesota who just got spanked by the worst team in the league?
NO who can’t stop anything on defense?
ATL see NO
Green Bay, who at 1-1-1, should actually be 0-2-1 if it wasn’t for Kyle Fuller dropping a gift wrapped game sealing INT?

lol right now the three leading contenders for the Rams crown are the Panthers, Bucs, and Redskins, and Bears.
And those 4 teams all have flaws to serious flaws.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, it has already been a crazy season. Look at all the upsets this year.
I mean, yesterday the Bills smoke the Vikes on the road? What the?
Pats lose to a weak Detroit team. So many upsets, feels very twilight zone.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Donn2390":259y1p3h said:
TheLegendOfBoom":259y1p3h said:
Slow down.

This is a home game against a mediocre Cowboys team with no passing attack.

Before you read all that much into the Seahawks turning a corner, wait til a quality fully balanced team plays Seattle.
Why would you want to be happy with the win and be optimistic, when you can revel in negativity?
Are you really that pi$$ed that they won the game and looked good doing so?
Way too many fair weather fans posting here....

Post 2012 fans? Lol, I agree. But, if they complain and whine this much on a Seahawks internet forum, imagine how completely insufferable they must be in real life. I loved the win, and love the Seahawks! And btw, stop telling people to pump the brakes on the excitement of this win, it's not your place.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not to :stirthepot: but it really does seem like it hurts people to just enjoy a win sometimes.
Oh well, it's entertaining and we're at least talking about a win.

xray

Reaction score
Manning up hear. I predicted a close loss. I was wrong. The OL held up and the defense stood up ; but I thought before the game that Dallas was somewhat a better team than what came to town. I love any wins ;but I wish they had whipped a good team. Next weeks game could be scary because AZ might finally put together a good game too. Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":39zngo0t said:
"We won!!"

"Woah. Don't get carried away."

"We lost!!"

"We suck and it's (inset anyone/anything) fault and Wil never win again"

.net.

Christ on a bike

Yep, even when there is reason for joy, someone always pees on the parade.

I thought the team played well against a good team that perhaps has been unable to establish a passing O this season.

There was a solid commitment to the run which was enjoyable to finally see and the first offensive rushing TD in a very long time. Russell was getting rid of the ball quickly and the O was moving the chains, the OLine played creditably well. The D was forcing the play and creating TOs. To me looked as if the team executed their gameplan perfectly.

It wasn't perfect but certainly answered quite a few questions. Now to string a few more W's in row together and the mood around here will change.

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":3xb5frzx said:
Manning up hear. I predicted a close loss. I was wrong. The OL held up and the defense stood up ; but I thought before the game that Dallas was somewhat a better team than what came to town. I love any wins ;but I wish they had whipped a good team. Next weeks game could be scary because AZ might finally put together a good game too. Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:

Next week should be a certain W. They are down to a not ready Rosen at QB already and sucked before that. If we lose to the Tards, we deserve the cellar.

D

DomeHawk

Cowboys made mistake after mistake.

I'll take it though, good fun!

NJlargent

Reaction score
Seymour":12knyoau said:
xray":12knyoau said:

Next week should be a certain W. They are down to a not ready Rosen at QB already and sucked before that. If we lose to the Tards, we deserve the cellar.

Next week is a W. The Cards are not overcoming a loss like yesterday. They blew that game.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Remember last year when the Hawks beat the eventual SB winners...and the year before too? And the reaction was "sure they can step up and beat the absolute best, but what about the mediocre teams?"

So here we are on Monday and...

.net ....Michael Bennett on a bike.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":13nya2zq said:
TheLegendOfBoom":13nya2zq said:
Slow down.

Before you read all that much into the Seahawks turning a corner, wait til a quality fully balanced team plays Seattle.
Why would you want to be happy with the win and be optimistic, when you can revel in negativity?
Are you really that pi$$ed that they won the game and looked good doing so?
Way too many fair weather fans posting here....
Hell yea, wipe that damned smile off'n yer faces!!
I only watch games played by my Seahawks, so's I can criticize all their mistakes. :34853_doh:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3fdeac78 said:
Slow down.

Are we assuming that the Seahawks are not a "quality fully balanced team"?

To me we look a heck of a lot like the 2011 Hawks just with a far better QB. That team featured a young defense with some solid vets (Trufant, Hill, Clemons) and rising stars (Sherman, Chancellor, Wright, Thomas). They started mediocre and rose up to finish top 10. Then dominated in 2012.

This year we have a young defense with some solid vets (Thomas, Wagner, Wright) and rising stars (Griffin, Clark, Reed, Green). They will likely get better as they move through the season and I wouldn't be surprised with a top 10 finish.

My hope is that having a better QB will lift the Hawks above 7-9 and get them to the 9-7 to 10-6 range. I don't think we are going to be top tier but I think we are definitely a solid fully balanced team this year. Far moreso than last year.

doso

Reaction score
My hopes are high on this one but I feel if we could win 3-4 games by mid season, we could possibly run the table for the last 7.. anything could happen.. :2thumbs:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19h5uolw said:
"We won!!"

"Woah. Don't get carried away."

"We lost!!"

"We suck and it's (inset anyone/anything) fault and Wil never win again"

.net.

Christ on a bike

Is it Ambien?