I was wrong! You haters were right!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
You are being very optimistic LLA.

Let's hope you are correct.

The Wilson vs Carroll debate is over. We lost. Carroll is the guy we got.

We just have hope that the wheels have not fallen off Carroll.

This looks like a poorly coached team to me, but this is preseason. It worries me that Carroll tends to try to win these.

We will see next week.

But so far, everything some of us have been worried about, and pounding the table to try to avoid - is seemingly happening. Almost note for note.
I would rather you be right than me.

Something tells me the if Jody chose Russ they would have would have lost like 80% of the team operations plus coaching staff and it would have divided the locker room apart big time, civil war status where some players would move on or asked to be released or traded especially with cap restrictions and then Russ would eventually flaunt his power to remove all the other players that don’t fall into his line.

But more importantly Jody with having little experience running a NFL team would be forced to filter every decision through Russ on top of extending Russ to whatever contract he wanted.

That timeline doesn’t look that much prettier at least this one gives you an opportunity to field a quality roster in 2-3 years rebooting the roster with younger, cheaper, more controllable players.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So like Aaron Rodgers? Who drove a coach off and got another one?

Who holds his GM hostage regularly?
Would you rather be a Packer fan this year or a Seahawk fan?

PS I keep hearing words like 'youth'. You know we aren't that young right?
We are something like #18, so right near the middle. There are 10-12 teams that have more youth than us and many are winners.

We are not that young.

GemCity

Reaction score
Wilson was the highest graded QB in the NFL per PFF before his injury. The Seahawks still had a losing record in spite of this fact.

He came back too soon, and played bad for several games. But by the end of the year he was playing great once again. He was not the problem with the Seahawks, and anyone who thinks that, well... your getting what you wanted, enjoy. 😉
Definitely going to get what they wanted.

cymatica

Reaction score
Most frustrating thing is watching the same low football IQ crap on defense and offense. Defense looks exactly the same, playing soft zone while giving up easy short throws. Offense can't get into rhythm while other teams backups easily complete short some routes

Nashville_Hawk

Reaction score
All I can say is that maybe we are Bryce Younging it for next years draft. Geno looked horrible considering we played a lot of our starters in the first half. I know it's preseason, however, I think we win 4 or 5 games at the most this year. And I would be elated to get Bryce Young in the upcoming draft.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wilson was the highest graded QB in the NFL per PFF before his injury. The Seahawks still had a losing record in spite of this fact.

He came back too soon, and played bad for several games. But by the end of the year he was playing great once again. He was not the problem with the Seahawks, and anyone who thinks that, well... your getting what you wanted, enjoy. 😉

I'm not defending keeping Pete, I also thought it was time for a coaching regime change.

But if we're choosing between what gets us back into a perennial contender, I don't think hanging onto Russell as he continues to age and get hurt vs getting a bunch of picks to try and take another run at it is as cut and dry as you think it is.

Likelihood neither plan works. But I can almost guarantee you that if we kept Russell it wasn't going to get better either.

GemCity

Reaction score
I'm not defending keeping Pete, I also thought it was time for a coaching regime change.

But if we're choosing between what gets us back into a perennial contender, I don't think hanging onto Russell as he continues to age and get hurt vs getting a bunch of picks to try and take another run at it is as cut and dry as you think it is.

Likelihood neither plan works. But I can almost guarantee you that if we kept Russell it wasn't going to get better either.
Under current circumstances, I agree. We had seen that the last several years.

That’s why you keep Russ and fire Pete.

But, water under the bridge at this point.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Which is easier to come back from, though? The answer is Russ because you can always find a great HC that thinks he can turn things magic with a star QB.
Good luck just finding a star QB. But again, water under the bridge.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Teams aren’t allowed to tackle during camps, so there is the reason why tackling is so bad. The idea of preseason isn’t to win, it’s to see what you have. Calm down, preseason doesnt mean much if a team loses all their games or looks bad. It doesn’t carry over into the regular season automatically.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Boom,
Other teams have the same restrictions but people are mocking our tackling nationally.
It is likely going to carry over to the regular season.

Fade

Reaction score
Most frustrating thing is watching the same low football IQ crap on defense and offense. Defense looks exactly the same, playing soft zone while giving up easy short throws. Offense can't get into rhythm while other teams backups easily complete short some routes
It's because Wilson is too short, and he is taking up half the salary cap, or so I've been told. Pete just needs... more... time...

Last edited:

eo620

Reaction score
It's like their heads weren't into this at all. For example, the Gabe Jackson hands to the face penalty on the 4th down conversion. There was no need for that. And Justin Coleman stepping back onto the end line on the punt, then smiling about it after. I wasn't feeling his amusement.
I didn't watch much of the game, but I did see those 2 plays. You are 100% correct. Stupid mistakes.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Boom,
Other teams have the same restrictions but people are mocking our tackling nationally.
It is likely going to carry over to the regular season.
Let them mock. Seattle has previously had preseasons under Carroll where tackling was an issue as well. It progressively improved. Seattle, tackling wise, will get better.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think we all need one more game before we can determine what we have.

But poor tackling, penalities, and mistakes are all hallmarks of poorly coached teams.
You might be right. Many of these guys aren't going to make the roster. Maybe this is just a preseason condition.

But if it continues into the regular season, it feels like one of those things that will bite us throughout the year.

Fade

Reaction score
Wilson is gone. He wasn't winning a SB for Seattle. Get over it.
No one would/could win a Super Bowl in Seattle though as they've been constructed, so that isn't saying much. Pete has mismanaged the team for far too long. The longer Pete stays the worse it gets.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is my concern Fade.

Eventually, Pete will step down.
The concern is that by then we will have built the entire roster to play a style of football that no longer works or maybe even matters.

We will see if he can make it work again. History pretty much tells us no. But we are stuck with trying because those are the cards we have.

The question is, if it doesn't work, how much damage will he do and how long will it take for us to unspin it?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
The haters are the ones who wanted to keep Pete and ditch Russ. That is the irony.

With Russ and a new coach like a Nathaniel Hackett type, you could start anew.

Instead the haters won. They got Pete and the QB carousel, it's gonna be like this for years to come.

But the people who didn't want this were branded "haters." It's ironic.
Russ didn’t want to stay in Seattle. No matter what they would or could do to appease him. He wanted out of the state. They wanted NY but Denver is a upgrade to national attention then Seattle.

olyfan63

Reaction score
My bold prediction is after week 9 we'll get to see some SUPER COOL trick plays
Pete admitted in a recent presser that he is having a crisis of creativity on trick plays. Word is that Efren Herrera and Jim Zorn are available to come out of retirement for the right payday. No comment yet from John Schneider on imminent contract negotiations or who will be released to make roster space.

Here's the scouting video on these talents. Former Seahawks WR Steve Raible makes a cameo appearance in one of these.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Is it to late to hire Lincoln Riley and get Russ back from Denver? He’ll they can have Lock, Geno and Eason in return. And Estridge for good measure.