I was wrong

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Chicago and Denver are likely on the mediocre spectrum as well and we didn't win either of those.

Dallas may not be great this year, but they aren't that much worse than Denver or Chicago. Their mediocre ness just gets highlighted cause they are Dallas.

This was a nice step in the right direction.

OP
OP
Decimation

Decimation

Reaction score
Lol honestly if our team continues to play like they did today, and if everyone is motivated (especially Earl. We need to keep that boy hungry.) Then we will do some damage this year.

We’re inconsistent as a team, but what I witnessed today was one of the funnest games I’ve seen in quite some time as a hawk fan.

Maybe we just own Dallas in general? Either way, if this team sticks to its guns then we’re good enough to take a wildcard spot. Let’s see how it goes and enjoy this victory because it was a team effort.

Go Hawks!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":fylq79be said:
Chicago and Denver are likely on the mediocre spectrum as well and we didn't win either of those.

Dallas may not be great this year, but they aren't that much worse than Denver or Chicago. Their mediocre ness just gets highlighted cause they are Dallas.

This was a nice step in the right direction.

Denver has lost something like 4 home-openers. It's incredibly hard to win there. We came close.
Chicago was one of the worst games I've seen Wilson play. He was stone cold.
Dallas was things operating to plan, although the competition wasn't top-flight.

But we looked like the Lynch team again, even if was against a poor team, and that's important. The sky is not falling on defense. The OL can actually block. When not required to do absolutely everything, Wilson can do what we need.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know who some of you guys think are "good teams". 3rd week into the NFL season and it sounds like a lot of you have it all figured out.

Seattle played well today, I don't care who we played, this isn't college football.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":9cad1rd4 said:
I'd be interested to know who some of you guys think are "good teams". 3rd week into the NFL season and it sounds like a lot of you have it all figured out.

Seattle played well today, I don't care who we played, this isn't college football.

No but match up's are, we played against Juggernaught DE's the first two weeks with a O line still in transition and getting their tuition. End of the year we may have a different outcome in these games after they got some more practice in technique and game expereience. It's the transistion from make shift and or reconstructed line to a cohesive group that has confidence in themsleves and work well together.

OP
OP
Decimation

Decimation

Reaction score
Obviously we would be singing a different tune starting 0-3. However, if we keep this up as a team, we can be not just a good team — but a great team!

Atradees

Reaction score
Our pass defense has a ton of picks. Dallas won last week. Part of their looking bad was our defense. Good building blocks. We need Bobby. That guy can play. I would think Kendricks gets probation and then we solidify the LBs. We can win some games if this is a building block and we get better.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Fade":1a6vqs4a said:
Steve2222":1a6vqs4a said:
The NFC is incredibly weak this year. We will be in the playoff hunt by default.

Interesting. I thought it was the other way around, but you might be right.

The teams at the top haven't looked great except for the Rams.

Rams, Vikes, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles. All look better than us and are definitely more talented. They've had struggles but every good team does.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
adeltaY":22hxm34e said:
Fade":22hxm34e said:
Steve2222":22hxm34e said:
The NFC is incredibly weak this year. We will be in the playoff hunt by default.

Interesting. I thought it was the other way around, but you might be right.

The teams at the top haven't looked great except for the Rams.

Rams, Vikes, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles. All look better than us and are definitely more talented. They've had struggles but every good team does.

Struggles?

Ya think some of those teams have struggled?

It's amazing how little enjoyment people want to.affird themselves after a win.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Dude I enjoyed the win. Sheesh it's no one's business how another fan enjoys the team.

I'm just looking ahead and trying to be objective. I enjoy that too.

OP
OP
Decimation

Decimation

Reaction score
adeltaY":14jpb9ls said:
Dude I enjoyed the win. Sheesh it's no one's business how another fan enjoys the team.

This is the right approach to take. You’re a smart fan!

Can’t we just all enjoy the fact we did great against Dallas? They’re not a bad team, maybe 8-8 this year, but we punched them in the the throat.

Our team needed that. Maybe we go 6-10, 14-2, or 8-8. But a win sure felt great today and we should embrace that as fans because you can’t say they aren’t trying to turn it around.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
adeltaY":24dmust3 said:

Yeah, i get it. Suggesting the Vikings last two weeks are "struggles" sort of undermines the persistent negativity the Seahawks endure on this board.

While fretting about whether a play from 4 years ago still haunts them, Vikings are struggling with losing by 21 at home to a team they were favored by 17 to beat.

OP
OP
Decimation

Decimation

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ml993z4 said:
adeltaY":3ml993z4 said:

Yeah, i get it. Suggesting the Vikings last two weeks are "struggles" sort of undermines the persistent negativity the Seahawks endure on this board.

While fretting about whether a play from 4 years ago still haunts them, Vikings are struggling with losing by 21 at home to a team they were favored by 17 to beat.

Yeah they’re not very good. I think we could beat them. I don’t we’re a horrible team, we’re a little bit rough around the edges, but if we can solve our offense issues in general I can see this team making some noise.

It’s refreshing that we’re getting turnovers as a team again. It’s been awesome!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Decimation":81oybhdo said:
adeltaY":81oybhdo said:

Can’t we just all enjoy the fact we did great against Dallas? They’re not a bad team, maybe 8-8 this year, but we punched them in the the throat.

Our team needed that. Maybe we go 6-10, 14-2, or 8-8. But a win sure felt great today and we should embrace that as fans because you can’t say they aren’t trying to turn it around.

It's cool man I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Thank you for your gracious response. Respect. I agree we needed the win and am glad we got it!

OP
OP
Decimation

Decimation

Reaction score
adeltaY":dd3d17s3 said:
Decimation":dd3d17s3 said:
adeltaY":dd3d17s3 said:

It's cool man I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Thank you for your gracious response. Respect. I agree we needed the win and am glad we got it!

I don’t know if you were talking to me, but I like your attitude about our team. I don’t see how you’re raining on anyone’s parade, you’re being realistic as a fan. We’ve witnessed the stuff that’s been going on the past couple years, especially on offense.

Let’s hope this is something that will take us in the right direction. I don’t know if you watched RW’s interview with Kurt Warner, but it was really solid. Highly recommend checking it out.

Still, I love that our team is getting turnovers again. We’ve gotten 2+ a game this year and that’s really promising.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I was responding to Si. Should quote next time my B. Appreciate your replies and positivity!

Definitely digging the INTs we are stacking up.

HawkGA

Reaction score
The big question is whether the team will recognize what works and what doesn't. That seemed to be something the team has had trouble with the last couple of years. Find something that works . . . and change it!

mrblitz

Reaction score
from the box score, it looks like the pass defense for the seahawks is lights out. dak was horrible, and was sacked 5 times. seahawks have something like 7 interceptions in 3 games.

zeke had 7.9 per carry though, so the run defense needs work.

carson didn't have a great ypc (3.2), but with 22 receiving yards, he had 124 all-purpose yards. wilson had really good stats.

the only thing i would say from that is, maybe we were lucky the cowboys didn't run zeke more (16 carries). but we did totally take dak out of the game.

oh, and maybe dallas would have lost even bigger, if wilson had thrown the ball more. wilson was having a solid, if not great day.

but you know, carson was 'running bigger' than the 3.2 ypc result. on that one drive where we went up 24-6, carson had several effective rushes, including the td.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I feel better about the road losses against Denver and Chicago than I do about this win.

It was certainly nice to see on a short week and may give Seattle a needed momentum boost to build a little tear.

But our defensive performances against Denver and Chicago were still monuments to how much talent Seattle has managed to retain, acquire, and develop.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
IMO, the biggest takeaways:
-Comittment to the run.
-Pass blocking: OLine struggled against elite pass rushers, but contained a very good one today.
-Defense is very underrated. Every game, the broadcast team constantly says this is a new defense, even calling it the Legion of Whom. But players are showing up. Wagner, ET, McDougald, Coleman, Griffin, Kendricks, Clark, and all those no named DTs that are sturdy against the run.

Let’s see the same game plan next week.