The mother of all "I was wrong" thread.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but I am perfectly fine with not having to come-back in games. :sneaky:
THIS. 10000000000 times this. And I'm fine with not battling phantom holding calls while TRYING to come back hero-style in the mid 4th. So sick of that. And, ya know what I find amusing - is that the Donks fans are being led down the same path. Watch RW3 after the win in UK. It sounds like EVERY single presser that he did post game for the hawks the last 5 years. "I'm so proud of the guys. They never gave up. We were always it."

Been saying for a while that the thing I like about what we have is BALANCE.

God I hate Hero ball. Can you win in the 1st quarter? Can you win in the 2nd quarter? Can you barf in the 3rd quarter? Barf. ;)

Sorry - was that out loud? It's the PTSD talking ;)

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
My mantra is "Trust what your eyes are showing you". It is a "Conduct of Ops" thing that comes from personal experience in the US Navy and nuclear industry. "Trust your indicators" is an axiom from the manual.
Nice take on it. Nice post.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I was frustrated at the end of last season. I dropped the League Pass package I had been using to watch the games after 8 pm back East. I had always defended PC/JS but finally thought they should go. I did support the Wilson trade. I didn't want to spend that much money to keep him and I wanted the draft picks. I saw a small sample size of Geno and had my doubts about him but here we are. I haven't had this much fun since they had the young crew that won the superbowl. Pete had to be right about a number of choices to get us here and he was. I went to my friends house to watch the Giants game with a couple of Giants fans and a Broncos fan. Boy, were they jealous of the talent and coaching of the Seahawks. It seemed like we were a couple of drops from being a real blow out of a 6-1 team. I had a heart attach at the beginning of the season so an improving Hawks team has been wonderful for my rehab. Hello to all. Hope to post some more this season now that I am back on my feet. Go Hawks!

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Every week I will gratefully come back for another helping of crow and every week I will again admit how absolutely wrong I was about this team, and Geno Smith in particular.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, we were all wrong about this YOUNG TEAM.

I had zero trust in Geno, couldn't have been more wrong.
Wanted them to move on from Pete, ditto
Like others have said, I believe what my eyes show me. And this year, I'm seeing a very focused team that seems to be ahead of schedule. And a QB who is clearly locked in. And a damn good rise in their play overall as the season progresses. This has been a hell a fun season, and a surprise.

Being wrong rocks. Keep it rollin' Hawks.
and for the record, the first few weeks, the Defense looked like hot garbage, to say the least. The turnaround has been incredible.

Stanley

Reaction score
Come confess at this one stop wholesale depot for humble pies, discount outlet for crows, multiple stall confession center. Lol.

My sins:
I asked for dismissal of Pete Carroll, I justified it with claiming Pete sold his soul to Wilson, mishandled that Coach player roles. I called it behavior unbecoming of head coach. I was wrong.

I wasn't steady in my faith on Pete's abilities to develop DBs after Flowers. I was wrong.

I questioned John's nose for talents. I was wrong.

I blamed Waldron for Russ's decline. I was wrong.

I predicted a 9wins ceiling for this season, I shall be proven wrong.

Now, I am lining up for that pie and dark crow thighs.
You overreacted then, you're overreacting now.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I was wrong...
I expected Geno to be a stiff, a barely serviceable game manager who choked at crunch time, with a sack or pick when the going got tough, and who lacked the leadership qualities and savvy and buy-in to win games in the 4th quarter.

The Lions game he won with his timely audibles, especially the 3rd and 16 that Penny took to the house. The Giants game he won with timely TD pass dimes, including the dagger that Tyler caught, and keeping his poise to just keep making the throws even after heartbreaking drops. Plenty more examples, just 2 quick ones there.

I no longer have questions about Geno's leadership, and I'm fine with his relative lack of 4th quarter comebacks and 4th quarter game-winning drives. It's better to be up 2 scores and not have to need a GW drive with 4:00 left in the game. I'm still disappointed with his DUI over the summer and hope he realizes how wrong and unbecoming his behavior was on that, for a QB who is now the face of the franchise. His on-field leadership is clearly top-notch, everyone believes and trusts in him to make the right play, and to just do their job. It's the kind of thing that shows up big in playoff games.

Latest posts