I vote we draft D-Line…like..a lot

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve always favored building a team from the lines out.

We seriously need to invest up front. Leonard Williams was a good start (if we re-sign) but, this is terrible.

Optimus25

Reaction score
It’s everywhere. Every single player at every single level getting owned.

djb28

Reaction score
What does it matter if they can't be coached properly?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't know what the recipe is to prevent these grown men from getting smacked around like bitches anymore.

It's emasculating. They play like men, and then they get their shit pushed in. Happened in 2022 too. Didn't happen before that. They gave up yards, sure, but they didn't get ridden like Seabiscuit on the ground.

If Pete doesn't immediately reject this on a fundamental level and wipe the entire defensive staff in the offseason, I have to question his leadership and may just start endorsing his dismissal. I'm glad that he's taking control and personally talking to the entire defensive line right now. There's no more delegating that responsibility this year. It hasn't been picked up by anyone else.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'd take KNJ back right now, let me tell you.

At least his defenses always fought, and always got better.

Hurtt's turning men into timid little shits.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I don't know what the recipe is to prevent these grown men from getting smacked around like bitches anymore.

It's emasculating. They play like men, and then they get their shit pushed in. Happened in 2022 too. Didn't happen before that. They gave up yards, sure, but they didn't get ridden like Seabiscuit on the ground.

If Pete doesn't immediately reject this on a fundamental level and wipe the entire defensive staff in the offseason, I have to question his leadership and may just start endorsing his dismissal. I'm glad that he's taking control and personally talking to the entire defensive line right now. There's no more delegating that responsibility this year. It hasn't been picked up by anyone else.
Exactly. If Pete doesn't make changes on both sides I'm all for his tenure to be over...even if he does I'm not convinced as he has so many trash hires in those positions...

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to be supportive as I feel like I’ve been overly critical of PC in the past…back when I was on the Let Russ Cook train.

But….from the coaching level, I’m finding it hard to digest the lack of adjustments.

A team doesn’t go from tops in the league in run defense to the bottom of the pack without some type of fundamental shift. I get the injuries…we miss Nwosu. But, cmon…

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to be supportive as I feel like I’ve been overly critical of PC in the past…back when I was on the Let Russ Cook train.

But….from the coaching level, I’m finding it hard to digest the lack of adjustments.

A team doesn’t go from tops in the league in run defense to the bottom of the pack without some type of fundamental shift. I get the injuries…we miss Nwosu. But, cmon…
It coincided with KNJ's dismissal and the shift in philosophy. They were always stout against the run before we tried to switch it up. They've largely reverted the philosophical change, but the submissive nature of the defense remains.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
It coincided with KNJ's dismissal and the shift in philosophy. They were always stout against the run before we tried to switch it up. They've largely reverted the philosophical change, but the submissive nature of the defense remains.
“…submissive nature”.

That is a strong phrase…and it certainly applies.

It almost feels as that teams “have their way” with us up front. Submitting to our opponents will.