I think Graham Just Played Last Game Here

bigwrm

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2gajtpiy said:
Seymour":2gajtpiy said:
jammerhawk":2gajtpiy said:
Re: I think Graham Just Played Last Game Here

I think you are dead wrong.

Dead money, little in return value, and the loss of a significant talent, all argue against your viewpoint.

Agree, except the dead money. There is none for 2016 so they could let him go if they wanted to.

There would be if he were cut b/c his contract is guaranteed for injury. If he was healthy why would the team cut him?

I think his contact was only guaranteed for injury this year. Next year they can cut him with zero dead money repercussions even if he is still injured.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Rob12":3sii1wkz said:
jkitsune":3sii1wkz said:
MontanaHawk05":3sii1wkz said:
The thing is, patella tendon is one of the most debilitating injuries of the season. We're talking about the recovery period of a severe ACL tear without the likely bounce-back. Think Victor Cruz.

Honestly, Graham may never be the same on a football field.

I'm going to wait until we have more information before jumping off this cliff with you.

Google this type of injury. There's plenty of examples. I'd look up Ryan Williams and Victor Cruz for starters.

Even when the tendon isn't completely shredded, it's far from a given that the player will make it back and even produce at 50 percent of what they once did.

I'm not saying he can't make it back, or won't. But he's got a huge hill to climb.

There's not 'plenty' of examples, because it's not a particularly common injury (as far as I've been able to see). The examples that do exist have not been optimistic. That being said, Tommy John surgery used to be a death sentence for a pitcher's career - nowadays, it's common for pitchers to be just as effective (sometimes even increase their velocity) afterwards. It's just the nature of evolving surgical and rehab techniques.

But yes, I agree, it is far from a given that Jimmy Graham will be able to continue to be effective. But with his size, hands, and body control, he may be able to adapt even if his athleticism takes a hit. You just don't know until you see how he performs, and given the investment they have made in him, I really doubt they will not give him every opportunity to come back and be a productive member of the team.

JPatera76

Reaction score
We had 2 seahawks previously with the same injury. One was robbie tobeck. He came back to play another 5 years and notnmiss a game. Another was DT Darby.. Who our very own Mebane was back up to.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3uj16gh4 said:
The thing is, patella tendon is one of the most debilitating injuries of the season. We're talking about the recovery period of a severe ACL tear without the likely bounce-back. Think Victor Cruz.

Agree 100% . As fans , we would be silly to expect him back at all next season . If we want him to play good football then he will have to wait until 2017

massari

Reaction score
If he can't play next season, is there any way the Hawks can keep him without a cap hit?

Rob12

Reaction score
jkitsune":31bmbsfa said:
Rob12":31bmbsfa said:
jkitsune":31bmbsfa said:
MontanaHawk05":31bmbsfa said:

I'm going to wait until we have more information before jumping off this cliff with you.

Google this type of injury. There's plenty of examples. I'd look up Ryan Williams and Victor Cruz for starters.

Even when the tendon isn't completely shredded, it's far from a given that the player will make it back and even produce at 50 percent of what they once did.

I'm not saying he can't make it back, or won't. But he's got a huge hill to climb.

There's not 'plenty' of examples, because it's not a particularly common injury (as far as I've been able to see). The examples that do exist have not been optimistic. That being said, Tommy John surgery used to be a death sentence for a pitcher's career - nowadays, it's common for pitchers to be just as effective (sometimes even increase their velocity) afterwards. It's just the nature of evolving surgical and rehab techniques.

But yes, I agree, it is far from a given that Jimmy Graham will be able to continue to be effective. But with his size, hands, and body control, he may be able to adapt even if his athleticism takes a hit. You just don't know until you see how he performs, and given the investment they have made in him, I really doubt they will not give him every opportunity to come back and be a productive member of the team.

Fair enough, bro.

I'm hoping he makes it back. I want him on this team next season.