I still believe!!

HawkEye

Reaction score
Yes, we have lots of issues, specially the offensive line, but after watching again yesterday's game, I can say it was a war out there, and only a good team like us could come from behind and making it a game.
Someone talked about our picks not contributing. Well, Collins and Reece looked very good in my opinion. Collins can, run, catch, block...I believe we will be OK in the RB position.
I saw another post about attacking the coaches. Believe me, anyone who has played a team sport knows only good coaching makes a team fight as hard as our team did yesterday after an awful first half and a teammate breaking a leg.
Yes, the offensive line need a lot of work. Shead doesn't have a clue about how to defend a pass. Bevell need to make better play choices. But only a good team wins a division and win 9 games in the NFL.

I still believe!!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
There is still some fight left in the old dog. Any other team down by two scores that late in the game does not fight back to tie it up. Sure our online is about as sturdy as a wet paper towel, but this team isn't ready to give up just yet.

I too still believe.

hawks85

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3jq2rzxl said:
There is still some fight left in the old dog. Any other team down by two scores that late in the game does not fight back to tie it up. Sure our online is about as sturdy as a wet paper towel, but this team isn't ready to give up just yet.

I too still believe.
I didnt realize Arizona had a top 5 defense.

HawkerD

Reaction score
What is it you all believe in? A super bowl? If so, get real. This team is on the verge of a meltdown. Players actively challenging coaches during the game and during interviews. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is PCs swan song here in Seattle. If it is he will have no one to blame but himself. He really had an opportunity to have a historic run but blew by not overriding a horrid play call in SB 49. All conjecture and opinion but I am owning it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkEye":11kj13ns said:
I saw another post about attacking the coaches. Believe me, anyone who has played a team sport knows only good coaching makes a team fight as hard as our team did yesterday after an awful first half and a teammate breaking a leg.

You are right to an extent. Not all of the coaches need to be good to create a warrior never quit attitude though. Also, a coach can be a good motivator and an awful game planner. They are not mutually exclusive.

Jville

Reaction score
HawkEye":3raglcih said:
Yes, we have lots of issues, specially the offensive line, but after watching again yesterday's game, I can say it was a war out there, and only a good team like us could come from behind and making it a game.
Someone talked about our picks not contributing. Well, Collins and Reece looked very good in my opinion. Collins can, run, catch, block...I believe we will be OK in the RB position.
Yes, the offensive line need a lot of work. Shead doesn't have a clue about how to defend a pass. Bevell need to make better play choices. But only a good team wins a division and win 9 games in the NFL.

I still believe!!

I'M IN

FireHawk79

Reaction score
There are a lot of challenges that need to be overcome but it's the playoffs and the Hawks Have ad a one game at a time mentality before and they can do it again. It won't be easy but it will show a lot how and if they can overcome there struggles! I believe they can win it all.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I'd say we have about a 50-50 off still getting the 2nd seed, which'll give us a fair shot. I'd put the SB win probability at about 15% I think we would've won the Cards game with Earl protecting the middle. I'd say Russell was great. We did put up 31. We did alright on Time of Possession and first downs and third down conversion. I think that was our first two point conversion. No pics thrown. Special Teams needs to step up big time. They used to be a strength of this team. We did a little better on penalties, but the friggin OPIs have to stop. Can't Kearse be trained on what he can and can't do on those plays? I saw the emergence of Alex Collins as a positive. Of course I want a healthy Rawls, but I'd like to see AC get a lot of touches this week with Reece in there too. Rest Rawls maybe. The Steelers game was actually kind of encouraging to me. It just sort of seemed like the team with the ball last would score and win. I don't consider 9 seconds a real last chance.) That was the same feel of our game. Anyway, I'm not as bad with the loss as I was. Ok. Let's have some fun down the stretch. Go Hawks!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Scribbles (not verbatim) from listening to PC today with B&S on 710

--

Offense in 1st half was trying too hard, it caused them to make mistakes.

O vs D, first vs second, were flipped.

Need to play both halves the same. Have to keep growing.

We definitely have it in us to play good football, just need to find that in us more consistently.

Cardinals made some plays too. Slant to the one, the Fitz catch, ..

We are definitely capable. It's about growth and confidence.

Tyler: Has a chance at a good recovery. Tibia, fibula both had to get fixed up. No ankle break. Some infection to still deal with, the skin broke.

Last drive by Cards to FG: 14 yd checkdown, then a big play to Johnson up the sideline. Kam covered perfectly but it was an underthrown ball and there was a bit of a shove.

Optimism: In the second half we put up 300 yards aginst this same defense. It required calm and clarity.

Rawls: Shoulder is banged up, will have an MRI then we'll see.

Graham: Passes didn't go that way, they were re-routing him at the LOS more than we would like. Ball kept going more to Doug because there were better matchups for this game.

AC: Remember, this guy ran for over 1000 yards for 3 straight years in the SEC. He can do anything including pass pro and pass catching.

49ers: Fired up for this game. Get a little Mo going.

There are opportunities ahead for us.. And by the way the Saints have been playing well lately.

evergreen

Reaction score
If we could make some field goals we'd be a 12 win team with all the warts we still have. 12 wins if we could kick field goals!!!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
HawkerD":3gr1scc8 said:
What is it you all believe in? A super bowl? If so, get real. This team is on the verge of a meltdown. Players actively challenging coaches during the game and during interviews. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is PCs swan song here in Seattle. If it is he will have no one to blame but himself. He really had an opportunity to have a historic run but blew by not overriding a horrid play call in SB 49. All conjecture and opinion but I am owning it.
Truth.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
hawks85":b8nxn99h said:
Mistashoesta":b8nxn99h said:

I too still believe.

They're #3

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3m0x7biz said:
hawks85":3m0x7biz said:
Mistashoesta":3m0x7biz said:

I too still believe.

They're #3
What are the other best NFC team defenses who are potentially playoffs-bound?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1frs61z0 said:
Scribbles (not verbatim) from listening to PC today with B&S on 710

--

Offense in 1st half was trying too hard, it caused them to make mistakes.

O vs D, first vs second, were flipped.

Need to play both halves the same. Have to keep growing.

We definitely have it in us to play good football, just need to find that in us more consistently.

Cardinals made some plays too. Slant to the one, the Fitz catch, ..

We are definitely capable. It's about growth and confidence.

Tyler: Has a chance at a good recovery. Tibia, fibula both had to get fixed up. No ankle break. Some infection to still deal with, the skin broke.

Last drive by Cards to FG: 14 yd checkdown, then a big play to Johnson up the sideline. Kam covered perfectly but it was an underthrown ball and there was a bit of a shove.

Optimism: In the second half we put up 300 yards aginst this same defense. It required calm and clarity.

Rawls: Shoulder is banged up, will have an MRI then we'll see.

Graham: Passes didn't go that way, they were re-routing him at the LOS more than we would like. Ball kept going more to Doug because there were better matchups for this game.

AC: Remember, this guy ran for over 1000 yards for 3 straight years in the SEC. He can do anything including pass pro and pass catching.

49ers: Fired up for this game. Get a little Mo going.

There are opportunities ahead for us.. And by the way the Saints have been playing well lately.

And that right above us there is a coach losing his hold on this team.

PC better fight to get this back, or it'll be too far gone for him to recover.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2qubimf1 said:
HawkEye":2qubimf1 said:

You are right to an extent. Not all of the coaches need to be good to create a warrior never quit attitude though. Also, a coach can be a good motivator and an awful game planner. They are not mutually exclusive.

Good point!

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't really believe anymore and would honestly be quite surprised if they are anything other than one and done. But you know what, I'm okay with that. I lived through the late 80s and the early 90s. A winning record and a division championship? I've seen worse. And I think the problems are totally fixable. And actually, a Super Bowl run would probably make those fixes even less likely. So I'll be happy with whatever happens the rest of the season (well, they still better beat the 9ers).

semiahmoo

Reaction score
HawkGA":1u19h2dj said:
I don't really believe anymore and would honestly be quite surprised if they are anything other than one and done. But you know what, I'm okay with that. I lived through the late 80s and the early 90s. A winning record and a division championship? I've seen worse. And I think the problems are totally fixable. And actually, a Super Bowl run would probably make those fixes even less likely. So I'll be happy with whatever happens the rest of the season (well, they still better beat the 9ers).

Right on. It's been a good run, and now it appears likely we are on the verge of some considerable restructuring over the next year or two. (hopefully not longer!)

I'm OK with that. Every team goes through its ups and downs.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3l1yhj6r said:
Mistashoesta":3l1yhj6r said:
hawks85":3l1yhj6r said:
Mistashoesta":3l1yhj6r said:

I too still believe.

They're #3
What are the other best NFC team defenses who are potentially playoffs-bound?

Google.com

What's your point?

Latest posts