I Should Have Seen This Coming

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
When it went to over time....I turned the channel to Black Sheep Squadron and watched most of it. I turned over during a commercial and saw the loss....Expected....yes. Oh well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Upsets are pretty common this season in the NFL. This isn't even a mild shock to see a crap team beat a good team. Has been happening quite a bit this year. They clearly were ready to go, it was their Super Bowl basically.
Credit to them, in addition to massive help from the striped, they played a really solid game.

Seymour

Reaction score
If you don't want 2 bad calls against you, then don't make the 12 legit penalties the theme of the game. :177692: :pukeface:

ivotuk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1iq4cj8x said:
I'd be embarrassed if the Hawks were 4-10 and running around like they won a title. :pukeface:

The stupidest thing was that they gave the game ball to Sherman!

What about Nick Mullens? The guy who won the game for you? The guy that stood back there and got hammered! And still threw some great passes!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, Sherm did absolutely nothing in that game. Mullins on the other hand showed a ton of poise, many times while getting drilled back there.

Seafan

Reaction score
There were some bright spot from this game. Russ played his best bad weather game that I can remember. That gives me hope for bad weather games coming up.

Two bad plays made a 14 point impact against the Hawks. The footing gave a distinct advantage to the 9ers and at first I wanted to criticize the Hawk defensive performance but the defense always has a disadvantage in those situations. The Hawks running game doesn't have the same advantage that a quick wide open passing game does.

Losing McDougald and Simmons during the game were big losses that hurt. The good thing was seeing Hill getting some great play time in an adverse situation and seeing him step up. Luani too.

There were A LOT of bad plays and any one of which could have changed the outcome. The Hawks were sloppy with the penalties and there were at least two huge mistakes by the refs that hurt the Hawks. All that stuff can be cleaned up.

If Kendricks played I think the Hawks would have won. That makes me feel good about KJ coming back soon. I hate sloppy games like that because they are magnet for injuries.

If the Hawks miss the playoffs they can only blame themselves because all of their losses could have been wins. The good thing is this team never quits and never is out of any game. Unlike last year every game has been fun to watch. The future is bright and it would be cool if the Hawks hang in there and keep the 5th seed, they would have a solid chance to make some noise in the playoffs.