I predict a blowout

plyka

Reaction score
Crizilla":wm6l5vh8 said:
I predicted a blowout against new Orleans and was pretty much right. A saints td in garbage time made things a little tight but we man handled that game. Here I go again. We man handle the miners. I believe no team in history could win this game

Seahawks 33
miners 17

I predicted a blowout against the saints as well but obviously I was dead wrong. If I was as forgiving as you are in proclaiming victory I'd win the lotto every other day.

CANHawk

Reaction score
YES!! OP has a big set of BALLS!!! Something that has been sorely missing around here lately! I love it! I LOVE balls!

wait... that last part didn't come out right...

dopeboy206

Reaction score
CANHawk":80jh85c0 said:
YES!! OP has a big set of BALLS!!! Something that has been sorely missing around here lately! I love it! I LOVE balls!

You love balls? Do u live in Broadway by any chance? Lol

CANHawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":13nfn45e said:
CANHawk":13nfn45e said:

Davie Street.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
strohmin":ci9tvwtk said:
Wow. I am pretty sure the saints are nowhere near as good as the niners are. The niners match up against us as well as you can. Last year we caught the niners off guard and in an arrogant state of mind. Week 2, they were demoralized when they realized that we were just as or more physical then they are. I think this time they know what it takes to compete in a game with us. I think this is going to be a really really good game.

The Saints beat the Niners and are statistically better than San Francisco in most areas.

I would say your conclusion is incorrect.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I would love a blowout but I can only see the Hawks winning this comfortably. More like 24-17 or somewhere along the lines.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":35gg62pz said:
strohmin":35gg62pz said:
Wow. I am pretty sure the saints are nowhere near as good as the niners are. The niners match up against us as well as you can. Last year we caught the niners off guard and in an arrogant state of mind. Week 2, they were demoralized when they realized that we were just as or more physical then they are. I think this time they know what it takes to compete in a game with us. I think this is going to be a really really good game.

The Saints beat the Niners and are statistically better than San Francisco in most areas.

I would say your conclusion is incorrect.

The Saints in the Superdome are a different animal than on the road. I know it and you know it. Even with that dome advantage they eeked out a win with an officials bleeding heart on the Brooks sack/fumble. Most Hawk fans know this will be a close one this time around.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
dopeboy206":znyis0fs said:
If the Saints made both their FGs and after recovering the onside all they needed was a FG to win. Imagine that.

If your aunt had a penis she'd be your uncle.

I agree we didn't blow them out.. but the game wasn't as close as the scoreboard indicated.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":nu1e8ri7 said:
dopeboy206":nu1e8ri7 said:
If the Saints made both their FGs and after recovering the onside all they needed was a FG to win. Imagine that.

If your aunt had a penis she'd be your uncle.

I agree we didn't blow them out.. but the game wasn't as close as the scoreboard indicated.

It did get close at the beginning of the 4th when the Saints closed it to 8 pts but that lead got extended a short time later.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1simweg1 said:
CANHawk":1simweg1 said:

The poor guy can't help it, he's Canadian!!!! ;)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Given the stakes, we should keep our foot on the gas until victory formation time.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Blow out won't happen unless our red zone offense clicks. Our offense in the red zone is just anemic.

kearly

Reaction score
1st half: Blowout pace.

2nd half: Nightmare fuel.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hmm a blowout is sadly the last thing I expect against the 49ers. If Kaepernick has at least 2 interceptions though I could see it, that's pretty much the only way. It's possible but for some reason I'm thinking we might only get 1 interception this time making it a close game. If we have no interceptions the game becomes a tossup.

I predicted 23-20 for the Seahawks Vs Saints which would have been the score if they made the 2 FG's so I think that was a decent prediction.

Gonna put on my thinking cap and try to predict Seahawks vs 49ers game. Thinking cap tonight = chugging beer while attempting to meditate and visualize the game simultaneously :)

Ugh... OK I think I got it and I'm sorry to say it is not pretty :shock:

1st Half:

- 49ers start with the ball get stuffed with one or two first downs tops have to punt.

- Seahawks receive punt but not a great punt return. Make a little progress but have to punt just out of FG range.

- 49ers receive punt. Two or 3 nice catches leads them to the first score of game SF is leading 7-0 after burning a lot of clock with many runs mixed in.

- Seahawks get kickoff return, if Harvin does play it's not his best moment. This drive ends with another punt, after another grinding drive which we may need some favorable penalties for a first down or two. Pretty pathetic offensive drive and Seahawks panic ensues as we punt.

- 49ers take the ball march it down field slowly burning the clock down while looking really strong for another touchdown. No big gains but just steady first downs they look really strong. Our defense comes through for us with a clutch stop forcing them to go for a field goal. San Fransisco is up 10-0 :pukeface:

- Another horrible kick return puts us at the 25 yard line if we are lucky perhaps a fair catch and we are at the 20. We are struggling to click on offense but Beast Mode ain't going down like that. He is our main catalyst as suddenly our run game get's going for the first time all game. Tate and Baldwin also make some nice plays (not sure if Harvin will play but he could be a factor). We finally score a touchdown on this drive.

- Unclear if there was very little time left or if no more scores but the first half ends with no more points.

2nd Half: 49ers lead 10-7

- Seahawks receive the ball but can't make anything happen.

- 49ers get the ball drive it down the field burning lots of clock (consistent theme this game). They end up getting a field goal on another solid drive that we have a clutch defensive stop. 49ers lead 13-7.

- Seahawks get stuffed again.

- 49ers have to punt for a change.

- With less than 20 minutes to play the Seahawks finally pull through and make it happen on offense scoring a touch down. Seahawks go up 14-13.

- 49ers respond right back and score a touchdown of their own and are now leading 20-14.

- With time winding down the Seahawks somehow manage to make 2 more field goals one of which might be thanks to an interception or fumble recovery. 49er's can't quite score but come scary close possibly failing on 4th down as they try to get within field goal range.

Overtime: Tied game 20-20

- 49ers get the ball to our horror. Here is where it get's a little hazy for me. I see two possible outcomes.

1) 49ers score a FG followed by Seahawks scoring a Touchdown.

2) Intercept Kaepernick for either a pick 6 or a resulting FG.

So final prediction 26-20 Seahawks win! (don't kick extra point if you score touchdown in overtime correct?)

Another possibility I'm seeing is 23-20 which strangely is the same as my Seahawks vs. Saints score, but the way they arrived at those totals is completely different so I'm thinking that's just a coincidence. Also possible 26-23.

Disclaimer: This prediction is based on 1 or fewer Kaepernick interceptions before overtime. And most likely Harvin doesn't play or he just doesn't play as well as we had hoped.