I knew a very key matchup was going to be Chancelor/Olsen

vin.couve12

Reaction score
themunn":2b7tpo4o said:
Could have sworn he batted down a sure TD at one point

And Olsen caught 6 balls for 77 yards:

1 was a 27 yard pass where Sherman was the one that left him wide open
1 was a perfectly thrown TD pass that was covered by Lane and Wright

I know at least one more was wide open on the sideline and wasn't Kam's responsibility, which means that over the course of the game, Chancellor was unable to stop Olsen for 3 passes totalling less than 30 yards.
One of the league's best players.

Get a grip
Kam wasn't responsible for those 3 either. This whole thread just shows how small people are because Kam hurt their wittle feewings. Like many other threads.

It's always Gods and Demons. There is no in between.

seedhawk

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Can we trade the OP for RedAlice and a comp pick to be named later? Or straight across for Guido? Do these boards have practice squad posters? :sarcasm_off:

Could it be the Kam we knew isn't the same player now because we have a new DC and a different scheme?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
How about we cut lynch and give half the money to kam and half to Bennett?

I'm sure when they lose a step they will give all the money they didn't deserve back.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
He made some big plays for us but also gave up some big ones. Keep in mind the guy missed ALL of camp so I'm sure that didn't help his play at all. I call this year a wash and as long as he's not complaining about his contract during camp this year keep him.

rcaido

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":wwluc4cz said:
Chukarhawk":wwluc4cz said:
Show me one big Kam hit this year. There weren't any.

kambam.0.gif
haha was going to respond with this...I can still see Tate's reaction.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3h6ugqal said:
rcaido":3h6ugqal said:
Game winning punchout against the Lions & also the fumble he did on Peterson.

If he's a distraction like this season then ship him out but if he will playout his contract then of course keep one of the most intimidating SS in the game. He is still worth the money!

Show me one big Kam hit this year. There weren't any. I don't know how you could watch him this year and think he is even remotely the same player he has been in the past. Its not about liking the guy, I love him but he's a shadow of his former self.

Pretty sure he put Olsen on the bench for a series yesterday after a hellacious hit. Have you watched any games this year?

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Kam didn't have the best year of his career but stop it with this nonsense that he is some shell of his former self cause he didn't provide enough soul crushing hits for your liking.

The Defense just finished first overall in scoring yet again and Kam is a big reason why.

Polk738

Reaction score
I was definitely on the fence with Kam this year, and I HATED his holdout as I felt like it really brought this team down in the beginning of the season. What's worse is I sometimes wonder if he cost us that Rams game in St. Louis with Dion Bailey falling flat on his ass. He made some great plays this year but he definitely was not the consistent playmaker we're use to seeing. I mean if you're going to holdout fine but you better bring your A-game and remind your teammates why you think you deserve more and Kam just didn't do that this year which I believe made it worse. Missed tackles, missed assignments, I love Kam but he needs to get over himself next season if he expects to stay on this team because I could see Kelsy McCray taking his spot.

rcaido

Reaction score
Polk738":1eimck7h said:
I was definitely on the fence with Kam this year, and I HATED his holdout as I felt like it really brought this team down in the beginning of the season. What's worse is I sometimes wonder if he cost us that Rams game in St. Louis with Dion Bailey falling flat on his ass. He made some great plays this year but he definitely was not the consistent playmaker we're use to seeing. I mean if you're going to holdout fine but you better bring your A-game and remind your teammates why you think you deserve more and Kam just didn't do that this year which I believe made it worse. Missed tackles, missed assignments, I love Kam but he needs to get over himself next season if he expects to stay on this team because I could see Kelsy McCray taking his spot.

Why single out just Kam for being inconsistent. Seeing how Earl wasn't himself...Sherman had some really bad games w/ his amazing games, i didn't even notice Wagner playing most of the season.

Wright was the one who really amazed me. I hated the signing but look at him now, he's a steal.

Rob12

Reaction score
Aros":21fxocj6 said:
Yes totally. Let's get rid of one of the best and most destructive Safety's the NFL has seen in the 21st Century because of one semi-down year. Sounds like a plan!

(I will be happy to send you the definition of sarcasm if you request).

If he wants more money, then take the sarcasm off. He doesn't deserve a raise, and he cost his team this season. I don't think that's really debatable at this point, Todd. HFA was a legit possibility if he wouldn't have held out.

He didn't look like the same Kam this season. I don't really think that's up for debate.

Rob12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":g6mlagyo said:
Seriously, ya'll need to quit this nonsense. Either making ish up or have some premeditated agenda because you simply don't like the guy.

Making stuff up is wrong, but many don't like the guy because he put himself above his team, and as Ray Lewis said, a potential legacy. Those two losses torpedoed HFA. It really did, and that's not making stuff up.

It's really not nonsense. He held out because of money after signing his deal a couple of years prior, and he didn't look like the same player when he returned. He had a couple of splash plays - forcing the fumble against Megatron and the Lions was badass - but what else? When you hold out and then don't perform for the time that you actually gave the team, there's going to be some animosity, and I'd bet that it doesn't just start and end with the fans. I bet his holdout caused plenty of ripples in the locker room as well. Hell, I wrote him a public apology on here and got blasted for it, but I really thought he would show more than he did this season. He just wasn't the same player.

Rob12

Reaction score
Just curious - why is Kam's bailing on his team for six weeks so quickly forgotten, and the repercussions for that not really mentioned by his supporters? I guess I just get pissed when I see the hurt on Earl's face when he said he hadn't talked to Kam in a month during training camp. I mean, talk about a true "WTF" moment.

Forget the play on the field. He was good. Not quite the same player, but good. But he BAILED on his teammates. He bailed on them and he didn't have to bail on them.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seedhawk":3cerx771 said:
:sarcasm_on: Can we trade the OP for RedAlice and a comp pick to be named later? Or straight across for Guido? Do these boards have practice squad posters? :sarcasm_off:

Could it be the Kam we knew isn't the same player now because we have a new DC and a different scheme?

You've scratched the surface. He was gone all through Training camp, while Kris Richard was installing new elements to the D. He had to play catchup for a good chunk of the season. Pete said as much, but this small group of football geniuses on our board have already determined, in their infinite wisdom, that he is on the decline.