I kinda miss the SOS

DirtyDave

Reaction score
wasnt Bannister the reciever that made the blunder and allowed the game winning interception when Matt said " we want the ball and we are going to score".. I would not call that dude the greatest anything. he will be remembered as the biggest loser for running the wrong route..

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
DirtyDave":29c9x1qr said:
wasnt Bannister the reciever that made the blunder and allowed the game winning interception when Matt said " we want the ball and we are going to score".. I would not call that dude the greatest anything. he will be remembered as the biggest loser for running the wrong route..

You wouldn't call him great at special teams because he botched a route while not on special teams?

WidEmnP

Riley12

Reaction score
The best cure for your "we made it" blues, OP, is this. Walk around Occidental two hours before a Mariners game. If it is anything like this past Saturday, there will be a handful of people in various eateries and concessions stands, some opposing fans and a few Mariner fans heading to the game.

It brought me back to the Husky Stadium days and the early days of Seahawks Stadium when you could barely tell that there was an NFL game about to be played. I went and cheered my butt off, same as now, but never even dared to dream of a championship season. It was so remote and even though some of the pieces of the first real run since Knox were falling into place, I sure couldn't tell.

Man, it is better to be on the other side of a championship season with a team that has a legitimate shot at a rePete.

If you want to join a 'lovable loser' go get yourself a Mariner jersey and hop on that bus. I'm sure that bandwagon is gathering rust in a auto wrecking lot somewhere. Someday, maybe, you can be complaining about being a Mariner fan when...

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I remember going to 3/4 filled games.
The blackouts of the early 90's were brutal for me growing up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm with the OP.

Not because I agree with him, I don't...but I agree less with the ever present pack that is quick to pounce on a poster that may have chosen his words poorly.

Bannister was a ST demon. He was a longer version of Lane, but ST aside, with much, much less to offer.

As for the bandwagoners: C'mon bro...we just won the SB. Never in the history of the wide, wide world of sports has a team managed to lose fans by winning a title. Be glad you walk among like minded fans, knowing our owner is seeing a nice return on his investment. We owe him that much.

OP
OP
ak3000

ak3000

Reaction score
Man OP, you are way off. What a loser.... Oh wait that's me :|

My point of the thread was not to dislike the success but to dislike the lack of road some people got to get where we are and I don't want to wear Seahawk gear around to feel like I'm just trending in. I want to wear Seahawk gear cause I'm a fan and I survived the long haul of the 90s.

I'll go Kellen Winslow Jr on everyone and compare it to war, if i've been fighting WWII since 1939 and a bunch of people just tag along in 1945 and declare victory. I want to celebrate the victory with my 1939 buddies that were in it for the long haul not just the people that came in on the end.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":2c74mq0o said:
One of the things that I'm really liking right now is, with all the extra love, there is a TON of hate. I'm having a blast with the folks that are hating on the Hawks. :{)
Yep, the Hawks are the new "bad guys", I love it! 8)

HawkWow

Reaction score
ak3000":2h4nftr1 said:

My point of the thread was not to dislike the success but to dislike the lack of road some people got to get where we are and I don't want to wear Seahawk gear around to feel like I'm just trending in. I want to wear Seahawk gear cause I'm a fan and I survived the long haul of the 90s.

Wear your autographed Bob Spitulski jersey. Problem solved. ; )

Riley12

Reaction score
ak3000":2jiilezv said:
I want to celebrate the victory with my 1939 buddies that were in it for the long haul not just the people that came in on the end.

Then do so! No better place than here to start finding the long haul folks. We are right there with you and
are still getting choked up whenever we hear "Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks". Hell, some of us even marked today on the calendar as the four month anniversary of the occasion, though I am not pointing fingers or naming names.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ak3000":2bda2mjs said:

I'll go Kellen Winslow Jr on everyone and compare it to war, if i've been fighting WWII since 1939 and a bunch of people just tag along in 1945 and declare victory. I want to celebrate the victory with my 1939 buddies that were in it for the long haul not just the people that came in on the end.

I wear Seahawks gear because they're my team and I'll always rep them. Who gives a crap what others think, do, or say.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I've been tracking this thread but refused to acknowledge it's existence. If it were Shacked you'd get my opinion. Was that too obvious?

drdiags

Reaction score
I look at it like your child growing up and becoming his own man or her own woman. We are connected forever by blood, but now new loves and important people are part of their lives. I cannot have them all to myself anymore, I have to learn to share because whether I like it or not, they have evolved.

I take pride in them but not everyone will know what they mean to me.

I see the new tact on the webz that other teams fans are now pulling on Seahawks fans. The how long have you been on the bandwagon line. Some may fear guilt by association but to me that is just loser talk. New or old, just enjoy the feeling. Until they start handing out fan cards with born on dates, just know you were there for the good times and the bad.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Doc nailed it. Just enjoy because it's rare to have a team win it all let alone a virtual USC but for real professional NFL level and mindset.

Trust me, the more I hear from the players that resigned the more I actually start believing my dream that we're the new classic Bradshaw Steelers and Montana 49er's (I personally and physically witnessed the latter it's indescribable to this day as an outsider except that it was beyond insane). Especially with Oakland right there.

HansGruber

Reaction score
ak3000":8p8q26zs said:
I don't want to wear Seahawk gear around to feel like I'm just trending in. I want to wear Seahawk gear cause I'm a fan and I survived the long haul of the 90s.

So then do it. I dunno, your post doesn't really make much sense to me. You are the one who decides whether or not you are "just trending in."

You're the only person who knows how long you've been a fan, and you're the only person who cares.

Telling people how long you've been a fan just makes you sound like one of those annoying hipsters bragging about liking a band before everyone else. It's like... who cares? What, you want a gold star or something?

I've just never understood the consumerist fan philosophy, like there is some reward waiting for you at the end of it, or like it will validate your existence. There's no reward at the end, bro. You get to watch your team win a Superbowl and you get to celebrate that. Bang. That's the ONLY reward. So why spoil that for yourself by complaining that the party is getting larger? Nobody's coming around later to hand out report cards.

HansGruber

Reaction score
drdiags":9htznz3q said:
I see the new tact on the webz that other teams fans are now pulling on Seahawks fans. The how long have you been on the bandwagon line. Some may fear guilt by association but to me that is just loser talk. New or old, just enjoy the feeling. Until they start handing out fan cards with born on dates, just know you were there for the good times and the bad.

It's the oldest tactic in the book. I've heard Red Sox fans say it to Yankees fans. I've heard Lakers fans say it to Clippers fans. Whenever a team is really good, that bandwagon line is the first one to get thrown out there. Some day, members of this forum will be using it against Cardinals fans. And it generally works.

I generally respond with something like, "I've been a fan since before the Hawks drafted Felix Hernandez and won the Cup. Talk about a great QB!" I make it just silly enough so they realize that I'm being sarcastic. But with a deadpan delivery and completely straight face. Some of the responses have been pretty funny.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
ak3000":39bozlfj said:
:les:

I spent last week in Seattle with my wife. It was amazing to see so many people walking around malls, streets, stores ect in Seahawk gear, constantly without fail. I realize the seahawks have become the local fad and the bandwagon is at maximum capacity... I remember few and far between seeing a Seahawk shirt/hat worn anywhere in the season let alone the middle of the off season. Remember half empty games I went to in the Kingdome of the 90s. I miss my lovable losers. Seeing all these "fans" I feel like the secret society of Seahawk fans has been compromised by their recent success. While it was fun to see them win the big one I feel cheated by not being able to share the victory with "true" long time fans.

People who don't know who Bob Spitulski and Orlando Watters are need not apply. Hell, I'll even take a Boone Stutz or Alex Bannister reference at this point.

Someone either shake some reason into me or feel my pain

/endwhine

C'mon...how many times over the years have the Hawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory??? Just remember the agony of watching the team from 89-98...all those terrible years of not being relevant.losing to the Donkeys over and over again...the helmet TD...we want the ball because we're going to win....jobbed in the first SB we were in...shaun alexander going from boom to bust in one season....

We have endured *plenty* of pain already including the longest playoff drought of any team in NFL history. All the long time fans are here, buddy, just mopping these times up with an extra side of gravy.

I

DirtyDave

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2mruhq6j said:
DirtyDave":2mruhq6j said:

You wouldn't call him great at special teams because he botched a route while not on special teams?

WidEmnP

he will be remembered more for blowing that route than for his special teams play.. and i would not call him the greatest special teams player we have ever had.. so he made the pro bowl on special teams.. hooray! .. doesnt mean much in my book.. its voted by the fans not his peers..

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
He was a ridiculously good gunner for a number of seasons. It's debatable whether he's the very best, but if he's not the best he's right behind the best.

Obviously anything he did as a receiver is completely irrelevant to a specific assessment of his ST play.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Well Hell AK, how about this solution? Everyone wearing Hawk gear must immediately go back to wherever they bought it, provide a valid drivers license, proof of employment, certificate signing over their firstborn, and in effect break their bank account to purchase a new (pick one) hat, jersey, jacket, banner, etc.

You and you're post come off as jealous. :2: (close as i can get to a green eyed monster) You used to be one of the chosen few, now relegated to obscurity in the horde. DEAL WITH IT! This phenomenon is still picking up momentum.

Latest posts