I hate referees...

253hawk

Reaction score
Just sayin'...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/681331317200519169[/tweet]

Rob12

Reaction score
Referees had nothing to do with today's loss. The Seahawks have ALWAYS been an undisciplined team under PC.

Don't blame the refs.

Rob12

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2ccgh2hd said:
did the refs make the players and coaches play like shit today too?

This. The refs didn't cough up four turnovers today. The refs didn't false start, jump offsides, or hit the QB late today.

Easy scapegoat, I guess.

Rob12

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1nl1t95y said:
Ambrose83":1nl1t95y said:
hawkfan68":1nl1t95y said:
The refs didn't cause Avril and Irvin to jump offside and give the Rams new life several times, the refs didn't cause Tukuafu to fumble., the refs didn't cause Alvin Bailey to chop block negating a huge play, the refs didn't cause the Sweezy hold on another huge play. The Seahawks shooting themselves in the foot caused them to lose this game.

bingo, bitching about the refs in this game makes our fan base look like what the other teams fans call us.... we earned this loss with pathetic plays and penalties... not the officiating.

I like your style. You are my favorite Seattle fan.

No one here cares or needs your approval.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
253hawk":2z3k493n said:
Just sayin'...

amazing isn't it?

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah that competition committee really had things figured out, who's on that thing, oh yeah Jeff Fisher.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":3s4u7sw3 said:
Referees had nothing to do with today's loss. The Seahawks have ALWAYS been an undisciplined team under PC.

Don't blame the refs.
I do blame the Refs when they screw the pooch.
Russell Wilson gets hit by two Defenders when he slides, and no flag....You're okay with that kind of irresponsibility from the Refs??, well I ain't.
There were SEVERAL dirty plays by the Rams Defense today, and no calls???.....It's disgusting, and I'm not okay with that kind of shit either.
You can go on and make excuses for shitty Officiating, and instead, place all the blame on our players? really??!??

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Even though we lost the game ourselves the refs did make sone questionable decisions.

I don't see how we have any chance of winning like this. Graham, Rawls and Lynch (hopefully not long anymore) are out which hurts more than most like to admit. Though it does seem like we are the most hated team by refs while AZ get the most love from them. Even if we manage to keep the game close, the refs will certainly screw it up. I'm calling it right now, the refs will cost us the game next week.

knownone

Reaction score
Smellyman":2l0slcte said:
253hawk":2l0slcte said:
Just sayin'...

amazing isn't it?
what's amazing is that it isn't even close.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Refs? I thought those goofy looky dudes running down the field waving their hands in the stripped white and black had just escaped from some prison.... If they were in control of anything it was obvious they were out of control of making a good decision.....Really bad Ref's, but it's over..... :les: :thirishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":uu6bds9v said:
Smellyman":uu6bds9v said:
253hawk":uu6bds9v said:
Just sayin'...

amazing isn't it?
I would love to see Deano "Party Bus" Blandino or Rog try to explain this one away.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1lijzf4a said:
knownone":1lijzf4a said:
Smellyman":1lijzf4a said:
253hawk":1lijzf4a said:
Just sayin'...

amazing isn't it?
I would love to see Deano "Party Bus" Blandino or Rog try to explain this one away.

I would love to see the cool guys in this forum who lecture every time we rightfully gripe about the refs explain this away.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Don't give me that "the referees didn't cost us the game" crap.
This was the worst officiating since SB40.
My brother and I counted 6 missed delay of game penalties on the Rams that were not called (already into the game when we started counting).
How is it that we fumble on the 10, the ball is recovered on the 2 yet they spot the ball on the 10?
Remind me again how they spotted the Rams fumble later in the game?
How do you call a fumble recovery before even Superman could have seen through the bodies?
Oh that's right, the NFL is paying them to screw the Seahawks (as they always do)
Goodell is so predictable, He has his favorites and engineers the game for them to do well.
Otherwise explain to me how deflategate and spygate and frontgate and whatevergate keep getting swept under the rug.

Just my two cents.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't buy the conspiracy theory. However, it was obvious in XL that the referees had an agenda.

Yesterday there were too many bad calls wrong calls or missed calls by a crew that should not be NFL referees. Unfortunately most all of them went against Seattle. That crew was simply horrible.

Ambrose take your head out bud, the refereeing yesterday was abominable at best, seemingly biased at worst. What can fans do but complain when the calls are made differently for Seattle than for their opponents. Explain the extraordinary penalty differential for Seattle relative to every other opponent, it's not as easy as you think because the differential is not even remotely close.

All I want is equitable calls and not the rubbishy we see now.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Rob12":3ehxwwci said:
No one here cares or needs your approval.

I wasn't talking to you...

Do me a favor and quit responding to my posts with useless comments that are meant to instigate arguments.

pmedic920

Reaction score
AZ_fan":9cf24f9b said:
Do me a favor and quit responding to my posts with useless comments that are meant to instigate arguments.

It's very easy to lose track of who said what, when multiple quotes are happening.
Your post that I've quoted is just as likely to instigate as anything that was said to you.
This would be a perfect time to heed the advise you've been given via PM.
IF you value your membership here, it would be beneficial to remember where you are.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkpower":14u0up9q said:
I would love to see the cool guys in this forum who lecture every time we rightfully gripe about the refs explain this away.

Easy - we participated in the fewest plays per game for three years straight years until this year where we are 3rd fewest.

Furthermore, we run a run heavy offensive scheme which also limits possible opponent penalties - as penalties are far more likely on passing plays.

Specifically, the most common penalties called are false start, offensive holding, defensive holding and DPI and none of these really apply to running plays. Also notice how we really haven't had many defensive calls against us this year (though we are near the top in offensive holding and false starts due to our atrocious offensive line and Russel's play style).

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=dh

Lastly, on a per play basis, we are only 5th fewest in the league in penalties.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/o ... s-per-play

So the refs being against us is mostly a fallacy - we just don't give them much of an opportunity to call penalties against our opponents.

Lastly, Arizona not being penalized is a function of them having a very talented offensive line and defensive backfield as well as being very well coached.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Rob12":1j7tzwx5 said:

Don't blame the refs.

This is part of the problem with this debate. You're only observing half of the equation. No one is disagreeing with you. The Seahawks commit a lot of penalties and get flagged deservedly so. Sure, they get a few bad calls on them, as all teams do.

But that isn't the problem. It's when the refs fail to call those same violations on the opposing teams. 2 straight years of having the fewest penalties called on our opposition...how do you explain that??? Look at the Cards game. The refs killed 6 drives for the Seahawks...granted only one was a phantom face mask call and all of the holding calls were a bit ticky-tacky, but I saw at least a dozen blatant holds by the Cards O-Line that weren't called. Call the shit on both teams. Here's a great example: the Cards have received 41- 1st downs by penalty...the Hawks have gotten an NFL low of 16- 1st downs by penalty...how can they justify that kind of dispartiy? Do all teams just play that perfectly against the Seahawks?

Yesterday, the refs failed to call at least 10 late/dirty hits on the Rams. SIX CONCUSSIONS IN ONE GAME. First time I ever saw that. Letting a team get away with that many dirty hits is dangerous. I think the Seahawks were playing soft because they were afraid of getting killed...they just wanted to make it out alive! Gregg'Bountygate" Williams is the dirtiest DC in the NFL and everyone knows it. They already injured 3 QB's this season on questionable hits...Big BEN, McCown, and Bridgewater. If you think they weren't trying to injure Russell yesterday, you're in denial. And the refs pretended none of it happened. And then of course there's all of the fumble rulings this year. There have been a half dozen questionable fumble recoveries this season, and the refs called each of them against the Hawks. Yesterday, they almost made the right decision once, but they still managed to make 3 calls on one play, ending with a bad call.

And to think all of this has no effect on a team is naive. Wilson got hurt yesterday on plays that should have been flagged. It's bad enough Russell had no confidence in his O-Line, but when you have no confidence in the zebras and there's guys trying to kill you, that's got to be terrifying. One crappy game against the Rams isn't worth Russell getting a career-ending injury.

Screw the Rams. They're a dirty team and everyone knows it. Their reputation preceeds them. But letting them get away with it, that's on the refs. I'm for parity as much as the next guy, but so many non-calls could lead to some poor schmuck getting killed. The NFL is wrong on this. I hope you're able to see this reality.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
AZ_fan":14bc43xj said:
My posts with useless comments that are meant to instigate arguments.

Yep, that about sums up your presence here... from what I've read so far.

I think we'll just keep responding to all opposing fans comments, whether they're talking to us specifically or not, anytime and anywhere on this forum that we see fit...