I am sick of Luke Willson

Seanhawk

Reaction score
irocdave":1a5wleca said:
Dude needs to improve quickly if he wants to be on the team next year. He doesn't block so you would think catching the ball would be a big part of his game. He's young and hopefully gets this figured out soon. He's starting to remind me of John Carlson, injuries and all.

Laugh. Out. Loud. We wish Luke was as productive as Carlson was early in his career.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2lsjpyre said:
Ok, this might get some backlash. I was ticked he didn't reel in those passes as well. But, in his defense (gulp)... both passes were a little high. Catchable? Yes. So, no excuses there. That first one looked like he didn't jump soon enough for as much mustard Wilson put on that pass. I would have liked Wilson to put that in his chest (instead of high where it could have gotten tipped by Willson and intercepted.) The other one seemed like there was too much heat on that and still a bit high. Not sure what was so difficult about putting that in a more catchable spot.

Love (QB) Wilson and I'm one of the guys who called him Elite before this season (and still stick to that.) Having said all that... yes, Willson has still got to make those catches. Perhaps a learning experience for him and something the coaches can get on him about since they need to count on him in the playoffs. I think the kid can do it.

As far as the other TE... Loved how Moeaki secured the ball even though he went down.
Those are catches an NFL caliber TE must make, slightly high or not.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1sshices said:
Last week was the peak of his career IMO. About the only good thing I can say about him is that he runs fast for a big guy, in a straight line. Great for utilizing the rare mismatch by getting him in space, pretty much below average at everything else and makes Jerramy Stevens look clutch.

Despite his impressive outing on the whole last week I saw him juggle catches and whiff on blocks, and not just D-linemen blocks (there's not a lot of shame in that), he basically let a guy have a free run at Baldwin on 3rd down screen.

Those with hopes of him becoming our #1 TE should get rid of them, those hoping he'll stick around for a long time as our #2 TE are more optimistic than me about his development.

I do find it really interesting how much praise our FO have been heaping on him though. Pete's called him 'a heck of a draft pick', Bevell's praised him lately too. Normally they don't tend to gush over players and so this one seems kind of odd. I'm pretty sure they're not giving it the hard sell, I can't imagine Luke would draw a whole lot of interest. Maybe they are genuinely excited about his potential, I know they consider things like 'catching' coachable but it would be nice if Luke started to prove them right.

Edit: I also agree with Seanhawk, I've always said he plays really stiff, he's not the smooth/fluid athlete that many of the quicker TE's in the league are.

Jeremy Stevens?????? you are one cold hearted mofo. You are my favorite red coat, but that was cold. Jeremy Stevens was a dirt bag. :pukeface:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":11m21p4t said:
SDHawk":11m21p4t said:
Beast Mode":11m21p4t said:
He had one good game. Get over it.

FIFY.

Willson is a drop machine. He rarely ever wins contested balls and shrinks away from contact.

This is correct.

I guess people have short memories and Luke bought himself a pass with a chunk of the fanbase by busting out one good game last week, but he's not very good.

Same thing happened last year. Got behind the defense vs SF, long touchdown, suddenly he's a celebrity. The reality is his fundamentals - blocking, route-running, catching - are still a work in progress.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Beast Mode":3t5tji9d said:
He had one bad game. Get over it. He's going to be a pretty good key for this offense in the playoffs and beyond.

He has been dropping catchable balls all year. And for those of you that call me a fair weather fan, please kiss my ass.
I was watching Seattle suck in the seventies while many of you were not yet born or were still Cowboy fans.

danp1990

Reaction score
Reminds me of the drops that plagued Koren Robinson and Bobby En gram from 2003-2004! Just makes me Sick! I mean if your A Tight you got a be good at least in one phase. But no he stinks in blocking and catching! I say enough, just play Moko for the playoffs hopefully he stays healthy tho!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This guy was a 5th round pick who has had more impact than any TE except Kelce and Ertz in his draft class. I'm still willing to give him time to grow.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The frustrating thing is twofold: number one, we see glimpses of what this guy can be and two, we badly need a TE that can catch to take pressure off Russ and the o-line which in turn will help open up the run game.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Well Hell. I do hereby petition the Mods to open a new forum. Name it the RAG BIN.. Treat it like the smack shack. Then all of you could truly say what you think about you're personal whipping boy without constraint. My god, the Rob Sims threads would have been epic!

Chawks1

Reaction score
Here we go again. Cut him! Cut Bruce Irvin too. And Jordan Hill is terrible to. Cut them all and while we're at it Fire Bevell.

:sarcasm_on:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
One week a hero...the next a "lamb". That's the story of Luke Willson. It seems that Luke "hands of stone" Willson returned again (at least for today).

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Beast Mode":1tpaz0sr said:
I'm not giving up on Luke. I'm not saying he's gonna be our Gronk or anything, but if he cuts his drops he can be really damn good. Maybe he needs Lasik eye surgery? :stirthepot:

The balls hit him in the hands, no lasik surgery would help him with that. A professional receiver makes those catches. Hopefully he rebounds and plays better the next game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Beast Mode":34go6esj said:
He had one bad game. Get over it. He's going to be a pretty good key for this offense in the playoffs and beyond.

The only problem is he has had more than one bad game. He's either tearing it up, or screwing it up. I'm not sick of the kid, as he came to us a bit of a project (he didn't start in college, so he had limited reps there), but I'd love to see some consistency in his 2nd year.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Last time we had this thread, Willson went off for 139 yards and 2 TDs.

Fingers crossed. :th2thumbs:

Canhawks

Reaction score
I was most frustrated with his effort earlier in the game on 4th down when he actually caught the ball.It sure looked like he wasn't aware of where he was and didn't fight very hard for the extra foot he needed.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Who cares what he did last week. Bottom line is that if we lost this game, blood would have been all over Willson's hands. Other than last week's game against AZ, he has been pretty bad all year. He easily has the worst hands of all the WRs/TEs on the team. Want to know why he caught those two TD's last week? They were softly thrown balls. Once he gets the heaters from RW in traffic, he can't catch.

Like others have said, outside of his great speed, he is very below average at everything else. I don't cut breaks for guys who do well in previous games. Bottom line is that I expect an NFL TE to catch the ball when it is thrown at him, and he did not do that today. He had 3 really bad plays today that could have cost us home field advantage throughout the NFC.

I'm not too worried, because Schnieder and PC know that Willson is most likely not our answer at TE. He is a #2 TE at best.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":143o6ixu said:
Who cares what he did last week. Bottom line is that if we lost this game, blood would have been all over Willson's hands. Other than last week's game against AZ, he has been pretty bad all year. He easily has the worst hands of all the WRs/TEs on the team. Want to know why he caught those two TD's last week? They were softly thrown balls. Once he gets the heaters from RW in traffic, he can't catch.

Like others have said, outside of his great speed, he is very below average at everything else. I don't cut breaks for guys who do well in previous games. Bottom line is that I expect an NFL TE to catch the ball when it is thrown at him, and he did not do that today. He had 3 really bad plays today that could have cost us home field advantage throughout the NFC.

I'm not too worried, because Schnieder and PC know that Willson is most likely not our answer at TE. He is a #2 TE at best.
This...last week, like this Stl game is now done and over...does nothing for us going forward. What we need is consistency...a safety valve for RW...and Luke could be that guy, but looking at his face sometimes, he looks like the moment is too big for him as the commentator last week would say about Lindley

gulliver

Reaction score
This thread in a nutshell:

Anti-Luke: this player is imperfect--CUT HIM!!

Pro-Luke: Anybody who disagrees with me isn't a "real" Seahawk fan!

Latest posts