I am sick of Luke Willson

Seanhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":3m7vmsep said:
Willson has all the physical tools you would want at TE.

I disagree and I made a similar post in the game day forum. I don't think he has the athletic ability to make catches outside the framework of his body. He's just too damn stiff.

jake206

Reaction score
Even if he redeems himself, TE is a very big need in draft and or/ free agency.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":a2ku1j0d said:
SDHawk":a2ku1j0d said:
Beast Mode":a2ku1j0d said:
He had one good game. Get over it.

FIFY.

Willson is a drop machine. He rarely ever wins contested balls and shrinks away from contact.

^This. Definitely NOT one bad game.

+1.

no excuse in this game to completely crap the bed. defenders are saying "he had 1 bad game". No, he had 1 mega important game to this team where he crapped his pants, pulled it out with his bare hands, and declared "I made poopie" while the 21 people on the field were playing football. Also, i watched the drops on rewind. No excuse. the balls were not that high, and not at all uncatchable. Where in the flying hell was Moeaki except for the 1 catch?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Beast Mode":1gqzkm1o said:
He had one bad game. Get over it. He's going to be a pretty good key for this offense in the playoffs and beyond.

Unfortunately, dropping passes has been the norm for him more often than big games like Arizona.

Maybe he'll figure it out next season.

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
I like Willson and believe there is plenty of room for improvement however right now if the pass isn't thrown with a lot of touch he drops it. Last week was a perfect example of Wilson having the opportunity to lob it over the middle with touch where as this week he threw with a zip and Willson shat all over himself trying to bring it in.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Last week was the peak of his career IMO. About the only good thing I can say about him is that he runs fast for a big guy, in a straight line. Great for utilizing the rare mismatch by getting him in space, pretty much below average at everything else and makes Jerramy Stevens look clutch.

Despite his impressive outing on the whole last week I saw him juggle catches and whiff on blocks, and not just D-linemen blocks (there's not a lot of shame in that), he basically let a guy have a free run at Baldwin on 3rd down screen.

Those with hopes of him becoming our #1 TE should get rid of them, those hoping he'll stick around for a long time as our #2 TE are more optimistic than me about his development.

I do find it really interesting how much praise our FO have been heaping on him though. Pete's called him 'a heck of a draft pick', Bevell's praised him lately too. Normally they don't tend to gush over players and so this one seems kind of odd. I'm pretty sure they're not giving it the hard sell, I can't imagine Luke would draw a whole lot of interest. Maybe they are genuinely excited about his potential, I know they consider things like 'catching' coachable but it would be nice if Luke started to prove them right.

Edit: I also agree with Seanhawk, I've always said he plays really stiff, he's not the smooth/fluid athlete that many of the quicker TE's in the league are.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Great, he made 2 nice TD catches last week. He follows that up with a bone-headed play demonstrating lack of situational awareness on a 4th down reception. And turned 2 pretty routine catches into drops. So...all's it makes him is unreliable. Flashing ability but can't seem to take advantage of it

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2sw31ed0 said:
bandiger":2sw31ed0 said:
We'll probably have to draft another TE, rather have Moeaki/Helfert and retain Miller than Willson.

Not going to happen, Willson is a rookie last time I checked and needs to improve and will be given the chance. I think he will be just fine. I remember someone from the past name Jackson who dropped balls but we did not give up on him.

You need to check more often. Willson is in his second year. I know as a Canuck you have a woody for Luke, but come on.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Ok, this might get some backlash. I was ticked he didn't reel in those passes as well. But, in his defense (gulp)... both passes were a little high. Catchable? Yes. So, no excuses there. That first one looked like he didn't jump soon enough for as much mustard Wilson put on that pass. I would have liked Wilson to put that in his chest (instead of high where it could have gotten tipped by Willson and intercepted.) The other one seemed like there was too much heat on that and still a bit high. Not sure what was so difficult about putting that in a more catchable spot.

Love (QB) Wilson and I'm one of the guys who called him Elite before this season (and still stick to that.) Having said all that... yes, Willson has still got to make those catches. Perhaps a learning experience for him and something the coaches can get on him about since they need to count on him in the playoffs. I think the kid can do it.

As far as the other TE... Loved how Moeaki secured the ball even though he went down.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2fxgv7pw said:
TorontoHawk":2fxgv7pw said:
bandiger":2fxgv7pw said:
We'll probably have to draft another TE, rather have Moeaki/Helfert and retain Miller than Willson.

Not going to happen, Willson is a rookie last time I checked and needs to improve and will be given the chance. I think he will be just fine. I remember someone from the past name Jackson who dropped balls but we did not give up on him.

You need to check more often. Willson is in his second year. I know as a Canuck you have a woody for Luke, but come on.

I do need to, woops still second year player lots to improve on.

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Luke seems to struggle with the fast ball period. Frustrating at times but in his second year and not much catches in his career college or otherwise. Let the coaches develop him. he has size and speed...

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Not ready to give up on him, but he needs to put in some serious work in the weight room in the off-season. He just is not strong enough through his upper body. It will be his 3rd year, so there is no excuse to make some real strength strides.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":378jabcp said:
bandiger":378jabcp said:

...did you last check in a previous year?

irocdave

Reaction score
Dude needs to improve quickly if he wants to be on the team next year. He doesn't block so you would think catching the ball would be a big part of his game. He's young and hopefully gets this figured out soon. He's starting to remind me of John Carlson, injuries and all.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SDHawk":12tu326j said:
Beast Mode":12tu326j said:
He had one good game. Get over it.

FIFY.

Willson is a drop machine. He rarely ever wins contested balls and shrinks away from contact.

This is correct.

I guess people have short memories and Luke bought himself a pass with a chunk of the fanbase by busting out one good game last week, but he's not very good.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2s0vywry said:
I'm sick of fair weather fans.
exactly. please. totally different game today. i mean, the seahawks d-fence saved the carelessness of the first half. it could have been WAY worse. and the comment is about luke wilson???

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1p89wd1r said:
I like the kid, but he has to learn how to catch in traffic. Bump him once and it rocks his world.
This is how I feel too. VERY frustrating to watch the guy not catch anything contested.

Latest posts