I Am A BasketCase

HawksFTW

Reaction score
sadhappy":1y3wln1a said:
To quote Red Bryant we've just got to have this game.

Gotta beat the niners at home. Have to.

I am nervous as hell.

Don't worry. We gonna weeeen.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am not at all nervous about this game.

The Hawks are going to Unleash the Dragon on Sunday. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, this game is in the Clink and the Hawks are more than ready to play in the comforts of their house.

I was concerned last week with the adversity they faced, but at home they can beat anyone in any style of game.

I saw nothing from the Niners that tells me they are ready for the crowd. Nothing.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":kw68lwgu said:
Tical21":kw68lwgu said:
A sweeping calm has come over me the past few days. I realized something. They can't hurt us. They don't have the speed to do it. Our DB's are too physical, we match up really well against them. If we score 20, we win, and we're going to score 20.
The Legion of Boom was built by PC, himself a former NFL defensive back, specifically to defend against big strong receivers like the ones in our division and specifically SF.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but Pete was never an NFL DB. Never made it further than Div Ia.

Oh, and while drinking all that wine, remember to pour a little out for Tupac today...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3e3ezsvf said:
I am not at all nervous about this game.

The Hawks are going to Unleash the Dragon on Sunday. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, this game is in the Clink and the Hawks are more than ready to play in the comforts of their house.

I was concerned last week with the adversity they faced, but at home they can beat anyone in any style of game.

I saw nothing from the Niners that tells me they are ready for the crowd. Nothing.
This! The Kraepper crapped the bed last year here, expect more of the same!

Tical21

Reaction score
bestfightstory":21apneco said:
Tical21":21apneco said:
A sweeping calm has come over me the past few days. I realized something. They can't hurt us. They don't have the speed to do it. Our DB's are too physical, we match up really well against them. If we score 20, we win, and we're going to score 20.

I have no doubt we score 20. And yours had been the most reassuring voice in this thread. I would like to hug you.
Awwwwww How could I say no to that?

Tical21

Reaction score
hawk45":1xh2cidr said:
Tical21":1xh2cidr said:

Even missing BB and having missing/injured pass rushers? They can totally hurt us.

I'm nervous as heck but it's fun to have a game that means so much to look forward to.
How? Who is going to hurt us? Boldin? He'll catch a few 3rd downs, but no way he gets loose, if he survives. Williams? Davis? Gore? Kaep's legs? I just can't see it.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'm iffy on this game against the 49ers. I think the good guys should win at home, but Harbaugh with time to plan worries me (though I have faith that our guys did some solid off-season planning for this game, too).

However, I really like how our schedule shakes out. I think that Carolina game might be the third-hardest road game we have behind @ATL and @SF. I think the Giants, Texans, and Colts can be had on the road, and I would gladly take a split @ARZ and @STL. Plus, consider that other than NO, no one else even has a shot at beating this team at home barring injury catastrophe (and I think NO doesn't have a great chance). Beat SF, and it should be 8-0.

Again, I think the NFC is so good that 12-4 can win HFA. If they can beat the 49ers at home, I can see 12-4 maybe happening, actually. We would only need to go 3-4 in our remaining road games. We have Clem and Avril coming back and Harvin was talking about being back Week Seven. This team will get stronger as the season goes along, hopefully.

But yeah, this game is another huge test to start the season. Get past this, and I will feel really good.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I'm so geeked I can't do anything except drink vodka and watch Metalocalypse (through my 200-watt stereo--LOUD) all night and gorge on BBQ--letting it drain all over my shirt and not even notice. I'm watching these same episodes over and over and I'm so drunk it's like watching them for the first time (Doctor Rockso digs COCAINE).

rideaducati

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2sk66r1c said:
If this was a neutral field (or Candlestick), I think they would curbstomp us.

But because this is at home, with some of our players feeding off the crowd it is probably 50/50.

Either we lose by a lot, or we barely beat them but I see no way this team is going to beat them by a huge margin.

Missing Browner, Avril (or with a rusty Avril), maybe Clemons (or with a rusty Clemons) and possibly Mebane?

On top of the porous O-line and the same defensive line that gave up nearly 5 Ypc to Carolina last week?

That is a tall order.

Healthy, I think we can put away SF in Seattle or in SF. With so many people out I don't understand where the expectations are coming from.

I don't get this at all.

First of all, the Seahawks haven't been "curbstomped" since Russell Wilson arrived, but have already "curbstomped" the niners...when the niners had better receivers and without Browner.
Browner was suspended for the last tilt and the Seahawks have a better replacement this year.
Clemons will be out, but Avril or Schofield should be able to do just about what would be expected of Clemons.
Seattle has weapons offensively that the niner D won't be able to match up well against.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
My plane had just landed in Seattle and I am feeling verrrrrry good about tomorrow's game now.

keasley45

Reaction score
rideaducati":1farzs3y said:
TwistedHusky":1farzs3y said:
If this was a neutral field (or Candlestick), I think they would curbstomp us.

But because this is at home, with some of our players feeding off the crowd it is probably 50/50.

Either we lose by a lot, or we barely beat them but I see no way this team is going to beat them by a huge margin.

Missing Browner, Avril (or with a rusty Avril), maybe Clemons (or with a rusty Clemons) and possibly Mebane?

On top of the porous O-line and the same defensive line that gave up nearly 5 Ypc to Carolina last week?

That is a tall order.

Healthy, I think we can put away SF in Seattle or in SF. With so many people out I don't understand where the expectations are coming from.

I don't get this at all.

First of all, the Seahawks haven't been "curbstomped" since Russell Wilson arrived, but have already "curbstomped" the niners...when the niners had better receivers and without Browner.
Browner was suspended for the last tilt and the Seahawks have a better replacement this year.
Clemons will be out, but Avril or Schofield should be able to do just about what would be expected of Clemons.
Seattle has weapons offensively that the niner D won't be able to match up well against.

Ditto.

Hard to see this team getting curb stomped by anybody, anywhere. If they didnt get stomped last year when we Russ was still learning the ropes, i dont expect it to happen this year, even with the missing parts we have to start the season. I'm pretty confident we can get a W tomorrow based on a couple of things:

A . its at the Clink. Nuff said
B. I think the 9ers might be a bit overconfident after their win last week. They did look good, but the fact remains that they had zero run game and only won because their secondary was slightly less embarrassing than the Pack's.
C. Their secondary is going to be a liability for the entire season, although their rookie safety looks REALLY good. Kinda reminds me of a what you might get if you were able to combine E Thomas and Chancellor... He might be in for a big play or two tomorrow night (hoping not).
D. Piggy backing on B - Their big game was last week, defending home field against the team i'm sure they have in their minds is their main competition this year (not the Hawks). I think the Hawks looked past Carolina a bit last week in anticipation of the 49ers. The Hawks have the confidence knowing that they played like shat and still won, the 9ers look at our game last week more than likely thinking that what they saw is more indicative of the 'real' hawks they expect to see for the rest of the season. Their arrogance will get the best of them tomorrow.

I do think that our key to winning is going to be scheming to compensate for being over-matched on the offensive front. I completely expect the 9ers to incorporate more read option to gas our D and keep us in more zone. We should do the same to help the o-line out and free up Lynch a bit more. Otherwise, i'm afraid we'll see more of what we saw last week. Drives me nutts when i see the Hawks run the read-option 'for looks' and just give the ball to Lynch. I cant even count the number of times its been wide open for Russ to pick up huge chunks and instead we give it to Marshawn for a meager gain. We need to run it and more than a little. If we do this and keep their D off balance, I think we win. We'll simply have too many weapons for them to cover. If the line play is sub-par again and Russ is left to fend for himself (ie run around for his life) i think he'll eventually be forced into a mistake.

Cautiously very optimistic.

Wish i was there...

speedcat

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":usw9i8du said:
OMG! What a coincidence! I'm optimistically cautious!
I'm in, beyotch! Happy game day, Hawks fans!!!
If you tweet, please tell your followers to BE LOUD the first devote measurement was off by like 1 db!!

GO HAWKS!!

speedcat

Reaction score
speedcat":1g4d9abz said:
Lords of Scythia":1g4d9abz said:
OMG! What a coincidence! I'm optimistically cautious!
I'm in, beyotch! Happy game day, Hawks fans!!!
If you tweet, please tell your followers to BE LOUD the first devote measurement was off by like 1 db!!

GO HAWKS!!

"Decible measurement". Stupid smart phone.

Latest posts