I almost feel bad for SF next week

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The Niners secondary matches up with Houston's receivers as well as the Niners receivers match up against Houston's secondary and by that I mean very poorly.

Take away Bold in and slow down Gore and this becomes another blow out.

I don't see anywhere the Niners have an advantage other than home field and the potential Houston is playing stunned after last week.

The schedulers may have helped the Niners by putting them against Houston right after a bloody dog fight against us.

Double jeopardy weekend boys. If we beat Indy and Houston beats the Niners, it will be the ultimate statement weekend.

NINEster

Reaction score
HawkWow":nkbbx7t4 said:
NINEster":nkbbx7t4 said:
HawkWow":nkbbx7t4 said:
MANUNITED23":nkbbx7t4 said:
I am not sure if Texans can win, I am sorry but Schaub under pressure is terrible.

The Texans needs Schaub to win the game. The 49ers need Kaep to not lose the game. So yes, more pressure would be on Schaub...but he's Joe Montana compared to Kaepernick.

The only reason the Texans were not in the super bowl last year (or in the foreseeable future) is because of Matt Schaub. Meanwhile Kaepernick got the 49ers to the super bowl (and almost won it) with less than the typical 49er defense.

Kaepernick up 20-6 with his legit starting receivers is not losing a game to anyone.

So if the Texans played Yates all year, instead of Schaub (who threw for over 4500 yds in each previous year) they would have went to the Superbowl? Do you realize the unique position that statement puts you in? You are likely the only person in the entire world that believes such a thing.

Kaepernick. I'm clearly talking about the match up between Schaub and kaepernick this Sunday. Not this year's Schaub vs last year's Kaep. The league is onto keep. He has actually regressed and much of that to do with him not running as much. Harbaugh is turning him into a pocket QB. So the question goes like this...who's the better pocket QB, Schaub or Kaep?

Kaep has some terrible habits that he needs to break before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Schaub, IMO. Again talking THIS year, Look at Kaeps numbers vs Seattle then look at Schaubs numbers vs Seattle. It's not a huge sample, but IMO, tells the story in it's entirety.

Schaub has been in the NFL long enough to have hit his ceiling. Only one QB in the modern era has changed an early season legacy to get his team to an SB (Rich Gannon). Maybe Alex Smith can be #2.

Schaub is what Romo might look like on a really well balanced team, except I think Romo has more athletic ability and arm talent.

So Kaepernick has already been to a super bowl. You really think he's gonna regress to the point where he can not bring the team back again? That's crazy Seattle homer talk.

Wilson so far this season has not looked as good as his best games last year, and that's playing with a team that so far is running the ball better and more consistent defense than SF. I'd say Wilson has regressed as well and his overall performance is not spectacular when you consider he has not carried the team on his back so far this season.

It's called sophomore slump. You're seeing it more with kaep because of injuries to his receivers and less overall experience.

We'll see what happens.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":279l6kru said:
HawkWow":279l6kru said:
I am not sure if Texans can win, I am sorry but Schaub under pressure is terrible.

Schaub has been in the NFL long enough to have hit his ceiling. Only one QB in the modern era has changed an early season legacy to get his team to an SB (Rich Gannon). Maybe Alex Smith can be #2.

Schaub is what Romo might look like on a really well balanced team, except I think Romo has more athletic ability and arm talent.

So Kaepernick has already been to a super bowl. You really think he's gonna regress to the point where he can not bring the team back again? That's crazy Seattle homer talk.

Wilson so far this season has not looked as good as his best games last year, and that's playing with a team that so far is running the ball better and more consistent defense than SF. I'd say Wilson has regressed as well and his overall performance is not spectacular when you consider he has not carried the team on his back so far this season.

It's called sophomore slump. You're seeing it more with kaep because of injuries to his receivers and less overall experience.

We'll see what happens.[/quote][/quote]

The difference between Wilson and Kaep this year is Wilson has been clutch. When we have needed him the most he has come through. He did it in the second half against you. The 4th quarter against Houston and Carolina while Kaep has been craptastic all the way around. Go to your webzone and see for yourself. This isn't Seahawks fans making stuff up. Your own brethren are trashing him relentlessly.

I think the biggest difference is if Gore goes down you (at least your fan base) have no confidence Kaep will carry the team while Seahawks fans still have 100% confidence in Wilson because he has proven time and again that he comes through when you need him most whether the running game is there or not.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Texans are going to destroy the Niners.

Seattle, Baltimore and Indy have provided the blueprint. A great defense like Houston's will come prepared and will be able to execute the same plan to perfection. I expect to see JJ Watt bringing the heat to Gore, with a LB spying on Kaep, and probably double coverage on Boldin. Game over for SF's craptastic offense.

Niners can't stop the run, either. And they'll be facing the best rushing attack in the NFL. Tate and Foster will have a heyday out there. Wear down that SF front 7, and we all know what happens then. We saw it in Seattle.

HansGruber

Reaction score
NINEster":24fzmtxn said:

The difference between Wilson and Kaepernick is as simple as how they react to a critical late-game 4th down.

Wilson puts his neck on the line, picks up the necessary yards and gets the first down. Putting his team into scoring position and picking up the TD a few plays later.

Kaepernick runs out of the pocket, panicks, and throws a floater out of the back of the end zone. Superbowl dream over.

One of them chokes and the other doesn't. You'd think the difference in the two teams' records would make that obvious, but 49er fans aren't known for their intellect.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NINEster":vnyg7qiq said:
I'd say Wilson has regressed as well and his overall performance is not spectacular when you consider he has not carried the team on his back so far this season.

Lol...what do you call a 14 play 98 yard (over 100 with penalties) drive in order to get us within 7 in the 4th quarter? Running for 70+ yards, most coming when we needed it the most?

2 of the 4 games he hasn't needed to put the team on his back because they were complete blowouts. Also 3 of the 4 games have been against some of the best front 7's in the NFL without a complete OLine. Jags are no slouch on the line as well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
NINEster wrote:

"Schaub has been in the NFL long enough to have hit his ceiling. Only one QB in the modern era has changed an early season legacy to get his team to an SB (Rich Gannon). Maybe Alex Smith can be #2.

We'll see what happens".[/quote]
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/i]

!st: I don't do "homer".
2nd: Show me evidence that there is such a thing as a "sophomore slump".
3rd: Wilson doesn't look as good this year for the same reason keep don't...both teams have reduced the number of designed runs, or read-option plays for their QBs. That is why the regression.
4th..WTF does Wilson's play have to do with Kaepnernick? Are you suggesting they are Siamese twins separated at birth or something?
5th: As I said above, Kaep has terrible habits (like basically pointing at his receivers). He will need to get this fixed asap.
6th..you now have Skelton. If they're not going to run Kaep, you'd be better off with him.
7th; This exchange was basically about Schaub being a better pocket QB that Kaep...what happened to that argument? Show me where I'm in correct.
8th...Why are you here?? Infatuated with the Hawks and Hawk fans alike?
9th...there is no 9th, tired of expressing the obvious. Send me a check and I'll continue.

Latest posts