Geno nominated for FedEx Air POTW for week 10

toffee

Reaction score
Nah, folks that dislike Geno will find reasons not to like even if he wins FedEx Air POTW for week 10, such as he didn't play well enough in first 3 quarters, and most of his passing yards were YAC., etc etc.,

Geno has to win MVP of the season to chance those folks' mind, umm, maybe that will change some minds, maybe not.

keasley45

Reaction score
Division games. Just like the putrid Rams always beating Seattle. Lets wait and see how Seattle fares against Philly.

The Commanders lost to the Bears and the Giants this year. Come on Soul, they arent good.

Definition of over simplification to the point of making any past performance moot.

They have a QBOTF in Howell who has repeatedly made plays when given time. Some of his throws have been as good as any in the league.

They can be hot and cold. They aren't as bad as their record shows. When they are on, they can take anyone down to the wire.

toffee

Reaction score
Definition of over simplification to the point of making any past performance moot.

They have a QBOTF in Howell who has repeatedly made plays when given time. Some of his throws have been as good as any in the league.

They can be hot and cold. They aren't as bad as their record shows. When they are on, they can take anyone down to the wire.
Just ask the Eagles.

Hawknight

Reaction score
For the record, I don't hate Geno...I support any QB who is a part of our organization. As a fan, it's my right, my duty, my expectation to state the fact if the QB is not doing what is expected of him for all 4 quarters, no matter the end result it's my God given right to bitch, moan and whine to express my entire frustration however I may see fit. Whoever holds the reigns while front and center as QB is held to the highest expectation of the fans and when a ball is being held too long, not thrown when there is an obvious open receiver or the QB grounds the ball to receive a penalty flag for whatever the F reasons why, I'm going to yell, type, text, gripe or whatever my frustration. I am perfectly grateful for the the last quarter of acceptable QB quality of play in the last 10 minutes or so of the game to give us a win. It was just the 50 minutes of game play prior, having the ball swatted down, etc which frustrates me to no end. Yes, there are others on the team who need to be accountable as well and I'm not blind, they are to be a factor on the determination of success and/or failure of the QB. I'm stating my frustration on the obvious of Geno's lack of ability to be consistent with so much talent on this team. I watched the Commanders QB do it numerous times during the course of the game, who I may just say looked more exciting to watch play than our very own QB. I give Geno a pass for the Baltimore game, but Washington? Come on, any great QB would have handled them much better than we fared last Sunday. Geno needs to do better in the red zone, depending on Myers to win these games is not what I call a huge success for this team...win or lose. Bash away..I've said my peace.

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
For the record, I don't hate Geno...I support any QB who is a part of our organization. As a fan, it's my right, my duty, my expectation to state the fact if the QB is not doing what is expected of him for all 4 quarters, no matter the end result it's my God given right to bitch, moan and whine to express my entire frustration however I may see fit. Whoever holds the reigns while front and center as QB is held to the highest expectation of the fans and when a ball is being held too long, not thrown when there is an obvious open receiver or the QB grounds the ball to receive a penalty flag for whatever the F reasons why, I'm going to yell, type, text, gripe or whatever my frustration. I am perfectly grateful for the the last quarter of acceptable QB quality of play in the last 10 minutes or so of the game to give us a win. It was just the 50 minutes of game play prior, having the ball swatted down, etc which frustrates me to no end. Yes, there are others on the team who need to be accountable as well and I'm not blind, they are to be a factor on the determination of success and/or failure of the QB. I'm stating my frustration on the obvious of Geno's lack of ability to be consistent with so much talent on this team. I watched the Commanders QB do it numerous times during the course of the game, who I may just say looked more exciting to watch play than our very own QB. I give Geno a pass for the Baltimore game, but Washington? Come on, any great QB would have handled them much better than we fared last Sunday. Geno needs to do better in the red zone, depending on Myers to win these games is not what I call a huge success for this team...win or lose. Bash away..I've said my peace.
Nah, I call BS, not once did you call out the defense’s performance vs commanders, especially the 4th, doesn’t fit the narrative I guess.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Ok, since you're saying they're not good, I should just tell myself they are horrible. Not at all, they're a decent team.
Just ignore him. He's a factory of fairy tales and goalpost movement. He isn't actually a fan of the team. He's a fan of complaining.

cymatica

Reaction score
Nah, I call BS, not once did you call out the defense’s performance vs commanders, especially the 4th, doesn’t fit the narrative I guess.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
If everyone is entitled to their own opinion, then why obsess over what other fans think of Geno? Seriously, why do you care? Not only that, but you lump everyone who is critical of him into one group that you then make assumptions about. The criticisms are fair, even if he has some good games.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
And the majority of the time, those people who dont like him dont care to factor in receivers running poor / wrong routes, the most injured line in the league, or an OC whos coach put him on blast for calling games that hurt his qb. A QB who doesn't slump in those conditions is a guy like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, or name any 'truly elite' player. Geno isn't them. But he's better than those who look for opportunities to 'pile on', give him credit for.
He has yet to prove that.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If everyone is entitled to their own opinion, then why obsess over what other fans think of Geno? Seriously, why do you care? Not only that, but you lump everyone who is critical of him into one group that you then make assumptions about. The criticisms are fair, even if he has some good games.
Bingo.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The Commanders are not good. Especially on D. In fact their D is one of the worst in the league. Their pass rush is non existent and their corners are terrible.
They play the Eagles close every year. They did it last year too. That means nothing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
No heads would explode. The people who don't like Geno as a starting QB understand he has the talent to have good games. The issue people have is the inconsistency from week to week. It's similar to Fitzpatrick: look like one of the best QBs one week then a slouch the next.
This. It's not like politics, people shouldn't treat it that way, it's not ALL one way or ALL the other. There's a significant amount of gray between black and white.