Bear's Den -- Week #9

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bear’s Den — Week #9

I am late this week. Sequim got hit with a snow storm, high winds, knocked out electricity to 1,000 homes for a couple days.

Anyway, although the Bears lost to Miami last week 35-32, it was another good performance for Justin Fields. He broke Michael Vick’s all-time record by rushing for 178 yards, including a 50-yard TD run. His passing game is looking better, too, despite holes in the offensive line and receivers who can’t catch critical passes (talking about you, St. Brown).

I don’t make a habit of complaining about the refs, but they were really bad in this game on their pass interference calls.

Now that Poles has traded Quinn and Smith, all of the starting 2021 starting defense front-7 is gone, and the guys he brought to replace them aren’t very good. That will get fixed in the draft and free agency.

Meanwhile, the Packers couldn’t even beat the Lions! Come next year, the Bears and Vikings are going to be atop the North.

I don’t know whether the Seahawks can win the West, but I am starting to feel good about at least getting a wildcard spot. That is impressive, considering that the media had both the Bears and Seahawks ranked near the bottom pre-season. For the Seahawks, I believe it all goes to these rookie players who are performing way above expectations.

JPatera76

Reaction score

Latest posts