How soon?

The next QB to win a Playoff Game for the Seahawks is :

• Total voters

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I feel like Geno really divides the fan base. If he was young i'd worry he'd be a coach killer rather than viewed as a stop gap. Good but not great and many will think if you surround him with x,y and z then maybe they can make a run etc whereas an elite QB can overcome some of that.

If he could put together a complete season rather than 1/2 good 1/2 bad it wouldn't be a conversation.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think most of us can agree that Geno is a good QB but not elite or even great. However, he's shown legitimate growth in his game over the years and his teammates rally around him which counts in this league. I think he absolutely has it in him to win us a playoff game. A deep run and Super Bowl? Hmm.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I answered Geno Smith because I ain't no quitter.

I actually do think we could get close if we put together a team like Detroit's. That culture, that attitude, that physical play. I think Geno is at least as talented as Goff is, straight up.

Geno also apparently has the clutch gene. Developed it as his confidence grew. All bets are off if we build a winning team around him.

That being said...

Realistically, Super Bowls... they're hard to win, man. You gotta get real lucky somewhere along the way. If I had to guess in a purely objective manner, I would bet against us getting one in the next 10 years. Just the numbers game of it all.

You know how it feels like its been forever since we've seen our guys in the big game?

There have been 22 Super Bowls since the divisional realignment. Seattle has appeared in 3. We have appeared in over 10% of the Super Bowls that have taken place since we've been in the NFC West. Since Lumen was opened. It gets worse, my guys. There are 32 teams fighting each year, and a LOT has to fall in place.

EDIT: I misread and thought it was Super Bowl instead of playoff game. I think Geno notches a playoff win before his time is up.

I tend to agree.

Fact is, Geno’s not the answer long term but….

Anyone that thinks he’s not capable of a playoff win (with supporting cast) should put down the pipe or get off the RW bandwagon, something along those lines anyway.

chris98251

Reaction score
I said Sam, why because I think we need to learn how to play in this system, together and how to win differently, I think the punch them in the face and win going away on offense will take a bit for them to acclimate too. We may get to the playoffs but like most teams adjusting to the step up usually won't happen in the first game.

Geno I am not sure is here long term, why Sam fills in next for a win.

GemCity

Reaction score
While I think this first year is going to be ‘growing pains’, I do have high hopes for the year after.

Geno it is!

WarHawks

Reaction score
I was really surprised to see so many people still think Geno will win a playoff game. He regularly goes entire halves without scoring or even getting a first down. Wow.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I could see them going out and getting another 1st or 2nd round reclamation project. Some dude with pedigree and natural skill but had his first 3 seasons with 3 different coordinators on a shite team.
That's a pretty rare thing. It could happen but it's probably not likely.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I was really surprised to see so many people still think Geno will win a playoff game. He regularly goes entire halves without scoring or even getting a first down. Wow.
I'm really surprised when I read people make suggestions that it's all Geno's fault. Wow.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks he’s not capable of a playoff win (with supporting cast) should put down the pipe or get off the RW bandwagon, something along those lines anyway.

Why? Its not like he's ever did it before. I don't think he can handle that big of a stage.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I voted “other team”. We get two years of Howell while filling out the roster. Then get a second-tier QB off some other team. That’s how the Seahawks roll.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I voted Howell. We will still be figuring ourselves this year. The NFC is good and we are not there yet. We may make the playoffs but don’t see us winning a playoff game. With how much geno may make next year I think Howell is our starter and we will have a better understanding of our team, hopefully another solid draft and a few more pieces added. Not to mention the 49ers window closing so we have a better shot at the division.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
So do plenty of other quarterbacks. There was a severe downturn in passing production this year. CJ Stroud threw 23. Mahomes threw 27 (on 100 more attempts than Geno). Herbert threw 20 and Hurts threw 23.

We've been down this road before. Geno is the only quarterback you slam for this while you ignore several star quarterbacks in 2023 also experiencing downturned production.

He's notched two winning seasons with terrible blocking and terrible defense. You're just trolling if you think that winning a single additional game is impossible because "I dunno he doesn't throw 3 touchdowns a game despite no one throwing 3 touchdowns a game."

WarHawks

Reaction score
So do plenty of other quarterbacks. There was a severe downturn in passing production this year. CJ Stroud threw 23. Mahomes threw 27 (on 100 more attempts than Geno). Herbert threw 20 and Hurts threw 23.

We've been down this road before. Geno is the only quarterback you slam for this while you ignore several star quarterbacks in 2023 also experiencing downturned production.

He's notched two winning seasons with terrible blocking and terrible defense. You're just trolling if you think that winning a single additional game is impossible because "I dunno he doesn't throw 3 touchdowns a game despite no one throwing 3 touchdowns a game."
Get back to me when he actually gets us to the playoffs and actually wins a playoff game. Until then, it's all just talk.

flv2

Reaction score
you don't see the defense being significantly better this season? we have essentially the same guys at the skill positions, and we improved the o line. How did we get worse?
Compared to May 2023 the defense looks better. However, the offense has lost 3 quality TEs, a starting G, and the starting T might never play again. At least the coaching staff looks better.