How safe is Candlestick?

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Marvin49":jwtqen3p said:
Stephen SeaHawking":jwtqen3p said:
Sounds like you're living in denial, bud. Yes, every fanbase and stadium has those types of fans, but there's a reason why Bay Area football is viewed in such a negative light. You can't discount the huge amount of the gangbanging crowd you guys draw.

Yes, every fan base has drunk, violent, rude fans. But some have more than others. It goes...

1. 49ers
2. Raiders
3. Eagles

Common knowledge.

LOL.

Yeah...because that list isn't scewed at ALL by your personal hatred. LOL.
I have nothing against the Raiders or Eagles. I'm just saying what is common knowledge. Those are the teams/stadiums where there are higher incidents of violence, crime, and harassment.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
The fact that The Glove thinks the Northwest is a melting pot of races only proves my point. People from Seattle must be overwhelmed by the diversity of SF and, more specifically, Candlestick

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qpcfxvg said:
-The Glove-":2qpcfxvg said:
Marvin49":2qpcfxvg said:
-The Glove- said:
Sounds like you're living in denial, bud. Yes, every fanbase and stadium has those types of fans, but there's a reason why Bay Area football is viewed in such a negative light. You can't discount the huge amount of the gangbanging crowd you guys draw.

Ya know...I've been mostly agreeing here with most of the complaints about candlestick...

...but you guys are of course aware that every mexican wearing red isn't a gang member...correct? Red IS the team color. This ain't Watts.

No sh....Mexicans aren't the only ones gangbanging either.

Wow. Missing the point there dude.

My point is just because you see a mexican in red outside the stadium doesn't mean he/she is a gang member.

I understand that...I know a gangbanger when I see one. Most of the time they're not just wearing the red shirt or jersey. They're usually rocking some dickies and some Chucks or Nike Cortez's (G Nikes).

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
SoHo9erFan":1q1um7ht said:
And I know you guys up in the Pacific Northwest don't have too many people of color besides Asians,

Untrue.

SoHo9erFan":1q1um7ht said:
but you guys are definitely overexaggerating the presence of gang members.

True to an extent, and Hans making sure to say MEXICANS was, uh, yeah, but I have only been to Candlestick once, not wearing any Seahawks gear. The fans are kinda like Raiders fans and in general are rowdy as hell, but I had a "gang colors" incident (except I was wearing the right colors) at Universal Studios in L.A., not at Candlestick.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":3rdxywb3 said:
The fact that The Glove thinks the Northwest is a melting pot of races only proves my point. People from Seattle must be overwhelmed by the diversity of SF and, more specifically, Candlestick

You have never been here. Go to Columbia City and tell me how little of a melting pot of races there is here.

Terrible post.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":25oiw40j said:
-The Glove-":25oiw40j said:
SoHo9erFan":25oiw40j said:
HansGruber said:
I went last season. Agree with the others that the real danger is outside the stadium. Some gang member told me I was wearing the wrong colors as I walking to the game. Turned to look at him, he threw up a gang sign, I realized we weren't talking about football, and kept walking. Luckily, was in a crowd of football fans. The parking lot was insane - saw many fights, most between gang member types (mexicans with red bandanas on their heads, etc).

Inside the stadium during the game was about normal. People talking smack at us, some guy poured a beer on my friend, a couple drunks tried to start a fight with us on the way out. But during the game, most of the fans were actually paying more attention to the Giants game (who were in the playoffs).

I'd say it's a bit more dangerous than other stadiums, but if you're used to going to road games, you'll know how to keep your head down, keep your mouth shut, keep moving all the time, don't try to smack back. You'll be okay.
You guys are really playing the race card here. Sure, there are a lot of Hispanic 49ers fans. And I know you guys up in the Pacific Northwest don't have too many people of color besides Asians, but you guys are definitely overexaggerating the presence of gang members.
Lol. The Pacific NW is a melting pot of all kinds of colors...don't know where you got that there wasn't from. The presence of the Norteños is known. Even up here in Seattle, you'll a bunch of gangbangers at Niners and Raiders games.
Only 48% of SF's population is white. 70% of Seattle is white. Sure, you guys are diverse compared to the rest of the Northwest, but don't call it a melting pot. That is absolutely ridiculous. Minneapolis is more diverse than Seattle AND that's saying something

Compared to your "not much color besides Asians" comment, I think its a lot more accurate

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3lhcjbi8 said:
SoHo9erFan":3lhcjbi8 said:

You have never been here. Go to Columbia City and tell me how little of a melting pot of races there is here.

Terrible post.
My gf is from Seattle. I've been there 50 times.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":1yfkb1ss said:
32 Teams in the NFL.

Only one of those teams had someone MURDERED outside their stadium last year.

Discussion over.

Cool...so we won't hear from you anymore?

Moving on.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":s9tu22jh said:
Smelly McUgly":s9tu22jh said:
SoHo9erFan":s9tu22jh said:

Terrible post.

So you're a liar rather than ignorant. Great.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dogk67v said:
Stephen SeaHawking":2dogk67v said:
32 Teams in the NFL.

Only one of those teams had someone MURDERED outside their stadium last year.

Discussion over.

Cool...so we won't hear from you anymore?

Moving on.
Uh oh, is this the point where I get stabbed?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1hhqyoj7 said:

Everyone knows the Bay Area is a major hub for all kinds of ethnicities. Just because it's not on the level of a SF or LA, doesn't make what I say untrue. All I gotta do is go outside.

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1tyuc66e said:
Marvin49":1tyuc66e said:
Wow...this one went of the tracks quickly....

Sorry, as a black dude from Seattle, somebody telling me that my city isn't very diverse annoys me. Yeah, I think we can all handle SF's diversity. We've seen it before.
Actually, I heard that the Seward Park zip code is the most diverse community in the nation.

I don't think anyone is saying that San Francisco isn't a great CITY. It's just that Candlestick Park is a dump. That's why you're all tearing it down, right?

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":22loqy0u said:
SoHo9erFan":22loqy0u said:
Smelly McUgly":22loqy0u said:

Terrible post.

I was referring to Seattle. Not Columbia City specifically. But i have passed through the neighborhood. Again, I have lived in Los Angeles and currently in New York City, so seeing diversity doesn't register on my radar. I'm sure it's something you guys take pride in for its cultural uniqueness.

Smelly McUgly, I hope I'm not offending you. But a poster explicitly calling out a race and associating them with gang relations pisses me off too. You can't deny that Seattle is not that diverse. Especially if you compare them to the other major cities in this country. I'm not even taking into account Seattle's suburbs: Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Mercer Island, etc.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":2rakx6xe said:
Smelly McUgly":2rakx6xe said:
Marvin49":2rakx6xe said:

Sorry, as a black dude from Seattle, somebody telling me that my city isn't very diverse annoys me. Yeah, I think we can all handle SF's diversity. We've seen it before.
Actually, I heard that the Seward Park zip code is the most diverse community in the nation.

I don't think anyone is saying that San Francisco isn't a great CITY. It's just that Candlestick Park is a dump. That's why you're all tearing it down, right?

As I've said many times in this thread...YES. Candlestick is and has always been a dump.

I'll miss it just because of the history and all the time I spent in that place, but It was NEVER a suitable stadium. Poorly planned from the start and just got worse with age.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Should probably add, before I get called out for hating on Seattle, that I do think Seattle is the best city in the U.S. bar none. Even better than NYC and SF. Would love to live there someday.

And yeah, no one denies that Candlestick is an awful venue

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":29zb522g said:
Marvin49":29zb522g said:

As an Asian dude from Tacoma, I'm with you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":3lx2hayb said:
Smelly McUgly":3lx2hayb said:
SoHo9erFan":3lx2hayb said:

I was referring to Seattle. Not Columbia City specifically. But i have passed through the neighborhood. Again, I have lived in Los Angeles and currently in New York City, so seeing diversity doesn't register on my radar. I'm sure it's something you guys take pride in for its cultural uniqueness.

Smelly McUgly, I hope I'm not offending you. But a poster explicitly calling out a race and associating them with gang relations pisses me off too. You can't deny that Seattle is not that diverse. Especially if you compare them to the other major cities in this country. I'm not even taking into account Seattle's suburbs: Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Mercer Island, etc.

Yeah...that was what set me off as well.

I'm white, but my wife is mexican and to be honest that comment pissed me off. When people say crap like that I think of my two boys going to a game wearing team colors and being labeled "gang-members". That's BS.