How much primetime should Hawks get?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
i love primetime games, for one it's not a 10 am game, and for another if they are sunday/monday games the anticipation is always fun. plus it's usually a better broadcast, or a better atmosphere if you're at the game. That SNF flex agaisnt the niners last year was awesome and being a prime time game gave it a great atmosphere. PLus i had plenty of time to bar-hop before getting to the clink...

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1blkvogp said:
i love primetime games, for one it's not a 10 am game, and for another if they are sunday/monday games the anticipation is always fun. plus it's usually a better broadcast, or a better atmosphere if you're at the game. That SNF flex agaisnt the niners last year was awesome and being a prime time game gave it a great atmosphere. PLus i had plenty of time to bar-hop before getting to the clink...

Yeah but MNF was freaking garbage in the stadium, because the sheer amount of Packers fans there made me want to puke. You know A LOT of Hawk fans sold their tickets because they suddenly became worth 3-5x their value for that game, and of course the majority of people willing to pay those prices were fudge pack fans. I loved sending them all home that night, but up to that point it was REALLY IRRITATING to hear "Go Pack Go" chants fill the stadium time to time.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2eoixrym said:
Gspin, I was at that game and it irked me, too.

I was surrounded by them too. I was yelling so loud the Packers fans in front of me had their ears plugged most the game. I dont think many teams have the following the Pack have. I don't expect too many Saints fans in the Clink.

themunn

Reaction score
We had 5 in 2006, and I would say we are "primed" for a season of great football and more watchable now than ever.
Although living in the UK I'd hope for a big fat ZERO since primetime games kickoff at 1am local time

Subzero717

Reaction score
gspin2k1":1als3iom said:
Hawknballs":1als3iom said:

Yeah but MNF was freaking garbage in the stadium, because the sheer amount of Packers fans there made me want to puke. You know A LOT of Hawk fans sold their tickets because they suddenly became worth 3-5x their value for that game, and of course the majority of people willing to pay those prices were fudge pack fans. I loved sending them all home that night, but up to that point it was REALLY IRRITATING to hear "Go Pack Go" chants fill the stadium time to time.

Yup. I split my season ticket and didn't get that game. I tried to buy one but they were 300 for 65 seats. Anyway we more than made up for it against frisco because any niner fans that were there left early. The ones in my section were gone before halftime.

3-4 games. Frisco and either ATL or NO. Maybe a St Louis game.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think last year's performance by the Rams vs San Fran earned them the right not to be beat down on prime time. Let them embarrass the 49ers on National television.

Tbone

Reaction score
I want prime time games as well as most of you because we are that GOOD but there is a down fall to the prime time games.

Sunday night games are good with me but the Thursday and Monday games are a pain to get to..... Parking sucks and tailgating is much harder on everyone else. For all those tailgaters don't get me wrong I'm there every home game tailgating regardless of the day just crowd isn't the same on Mondays and Thursdays a much later crowd than normal.

Maybe this year I will get Jack_Patera to a game this year he just has to get it approved by the wife ;)

GO HAWKS

OP
OP
jack_patera

jack_patera

Reaction score
Tbone":3ige85q8 said:
I want prime time games as well as most of you because we are that GOOD but there is a down fall to the prime time games.

Sunday night games are good with me but the Thursday and Monday games are a pain to get to..... Parking sucks and tailgating is much harder on everyone else. For all those tailgaters don't get me wrong I'm there every home game tailgating regardless of the day just crowd isn't the same on Mondays and Thursdays a much later crowd than normal.

Maybe this year I will get Jack_Patera to a game this year he just has to get it approved by the wife ;)

GO HAWKS

now that's just wrong...i wear the pants in my house....most of the time....

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Tbone":41fwnp88 said:

GO HAWKS

Yeah the MNF game was a huge pain in the ass. I think I had to leave work 4 hours early to give me enough time.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1080iuh5 said:
We are an exciting team but we are still in seattle.

I got a new car a little over a month ago now with sirius in it so I've been listening to the NFL satellite radio channel.

I've literally heard "seattle" come up once in the past month and that was by a caller asking why nobody gets tall corners like seattle does.

Not sure if that is any indicator of how the national media still views us, I know we get some respect now - but I still don't think we are as popular as we all would assume we are.

One simply has to look at a population map of America to see that 75% of the population is East of the Mississippi...plus adding Texas. We are so far isolated that the NFL won't even send Pittsburg to play here!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sorry everyone, but I love MNF games. The ones I've gone to, I've taken the whole day off work. Start drinking with whoever I'm going to that game with at like noon, good & drunk to start the game with and shouting at the top of my flippin' lungs. Better atmosphere because it's prime time.

Love 'em.

Bigpumpkin":15r7ncr2 said:
One simply has to look at a population map of America to see that 75% of the population is East of the Mississippi...plus adding Texas. We are so far isolated that the NFL won't even send Pittsburg to play here!!!
I think it's a personal safety issue. Some Steelers might not leave Seattle alive if they had to come here. If the NFL's willing to send golden boy teams like Green Bay and New England to our house like they did last year, then I doubt the reason they haven't sent Pittsburgh here is related to isolation.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
kidhawk":19h2ort1 said:
I'll throw it out there now...Seattle @ San Francisco, September 8, 2013 SNF
I doubt it. They are talking about not scheduling any division games until after the third week of the season, so we may not see any until October.