How long are morons gonna say LUCK > WILSON...??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't know about most of you but I seen Super Star and starter during the Kansas City Chiefs preseason game and have not looked back.

Everyone hyped Luck, endorsed Luck and was getting in line to anoint him Manning 2.0, all those that were doing that are either pissed because they missed the bandwagon for promotion and advertisements or can't admit the huge whiff they made as talent evaluators. Wilson will always have his doubters and detractors due to the above.

All he has to do is win really and at the end of the day history will speak for itself. Luck is a good QB, but he was suppose to be a good QB drafted number 1. A franchise sold out to get him and I don't buy the story that they didn't, players played hard, but as a Sonic fan we see how a front office can destroy the product on the field if they so choose.

Stats are great for those that want to try to justify a argument, but stats don't tell the whole story. If you can't trust your fan experience in watching a player show he is special then maybe you should choose another interest, stat gurus are great in fantasy, but football is more than that. Sometimes you get a player that plays above the odds and stat gurus, we have one, enjoy him while we can. I just hope we don't do what the Vikings did with Tarkenton and trade him away only to have to admit they really should have kept him and brought him back.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
lets just say if the NFL started over right now (in a draft) the 1st overrall pick would be either rodgers or luck.

i'd take luck over wilson/kaep any day of the week. and it isnt even close.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":hw2qvqxd said:
lets just say if the NFL started over right now (in a draft) the 1st overrall pick would be either rodgers or luck.

You are speaking of potential. We are speaking of performance.

And I'd take a week old ham sandwich over Kaep

chris98251

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":pi4dg44m said:

Having Kaep as your starter I can see how you could do that :)

Kidding aside, I'm not so sure, I think all said and done maybe both Seattle and San Fran may be happier with what they have.

Luck may be a good QB, then again in my mind one of the best QB's never to see a Super Bowl was Ken O'Brien who played in Namath's shadow and never got a supporting cast to work with or a good coaching staff. Luck could be in a similar situation.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2l0zu6fj said:

I wouldn't begrudge anyone who decided Luck was their guy in your make believe scenario.

To say it isnt even close isnt backed up by anything real at all.

Just more uninformed bias from too much listening to talking heads.

kobebryant

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":3k2s8ww7 said:

Probably, but NFL decisions makers are largely conservative traditionalists that don't have a neat box to place black qbs with guns that run 4.4-4.5 (Wilson/Kaep) and aren't character risks like Vick and Russell.

By all means, let them stick to their rigid ideas; but Schneider/Baalke will just keep distancing themselves until everyone else wises up.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm ok with people stating they rather have Luck than Wilson, because Luck had to carry a team and was asked to do more, I respect that. I think in the next 3 years it will be revealed who will be the better player. So instead of comparing Luck to Wilson, I think it's better to compare QBs with the same type of team. The Seahawks is a balanced team, so we would have to compare Russell Wilson against the QBs that had a really good defense and run game. I can think of a few like Ravens with Joe Flacco (before the superbowl win) and Bengals with Andy Dalton and using only their first two years to compare, there might be other teams and QBs let me know i want to drop down some stats to compare them.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2cdh3u6c said:
Anthony!":2cdh3u6c said:
The Colts average starting field position was their own 28 yard line. The Seahawks Average starting field position was their own 31 yard line. So stow the argument that the Seahawks defense gave Wilson a substantially shorter distances to travel for his touchdowns, because it just isn't true. Here's the link:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff

LOL Plagiarize much?

Ahh whats a matter cant stand the facts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2ivrp3ne said:

Thats great to bad the stats and facts say you would be wrong.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1cc2uk4h said:
I'm ok with people stating they rather have Luck than Wilson, because Luck had to carry a team and was asked to do more, I respect that. I think in the next 3 years it will be revealed who will be the better player. So instead of comparing Luck to Wilson, I think it's better to compare QBs with the same type of team. The Seahawks is a balanced team, so we would have to compare Russell Wilson against the QBs that had a really good defense and run game. I can think of a few like Ravens with Joe Flacco (before the superbowl win) and Bengals with Andy Dalton and using only their first two years to compare, there might be other teams and QBs let me know i want to drop down some stats to compare them.

But you see that is the problem Luck was not asked to do more, or carry a team or do it with less as has bee shown through out this thread, it is all factually incorrect perception.

Sac

Reaction score
Anthony!":1unxsrka said:
SacHawk2.0":1unxsrka said:
Anthony!":1unxsrka said:
The Colts average starting field position was their own 28 yard line. The Seahawks Average starting field position was their own 31 yard line. So stow the argument that the Seahawks defense gave Wilson a substantially shorter distances to travel for his touchdowns, because it just isn't true. Here's the link:

LOL Plagiarize much?

lol I'm the one you plagiarized!!!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Anthony!":udcqbnsz said:
theincrediblesok":udcqbnsz said:

But you see that is the problem Luck was not asked to do more, or carry a team or do it with less as has bee shown through out this thread, it is all factually incorrect perception.

I would pick Wilson over Luck, i was stating that i'm ok with with people saying they rather have Luck than Wilson because of the reason Luck had to carry a team, ok defense, and no run game, probably didn't come out that way now that i see how i typed it. I think it's to the point where it's almost to the topic of religions and politics, no matter how much you argue about the subject no one will come out changing the other person's mind. Luck can be the new Peyton Manning, and he's on his way there, let him have those crazy star wars stats in regular season, if anything he's just like Manning with those crucial INT in games that counts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2zovntxy said:
Anthony!":2zovntxy said:
SacHawk2.0":2zovntxy said:
Anthony!":2zovntxy said:

LOL Plagiarize much?

lol I'm the one you plagiarized!!!

Okay so, you should be flattered, not got your nose bent out of shape , the information is available free to anyone, I have people use the stats I show all the time, no big deal. No place did I say it was my work, so no problem.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":32h9bma2 said:
Anthony!":32h9bma2 said:
theincrediblesok":32h9bma2 said:

I would pick Wilson over Luck, i was stating that i'm ok with with people saying they rather have Luck than Wilson because of the reason Luck had to carry a team, ok defense, and no run game, probably didn't come out that way now that i see how i typed it. I think it's to the point where it's almost to the topic of religions and politics, no matter how much you argue about the subject no one will come out changing the other person's mind. Luck can be the new Peyton Manning, and he's on his way there, let him have those crazy star wars stats in regular season, if anything he's just like Manning with those crucial INT in games that counts.

except as has been shown his defense is better than okay top 10 in scoring and his run game is as good as outs but they do not get as many attempts, and his o-line is better and his WR are better. See I am so tired of everyone saying that Luck has to do it all on his own, when it is a factual lie, he has plenty around him as has been proven.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Anthony!":1sjzoi2w said:
theincrediblesok":1sjzoi2w said:
Anthony!":1sjzoi2w said:
theincrediblesok":1sjzoi2w said:

except as has been shown his defense is better than okay top 10 in scoring and his run game is as good as outs but they do not get as many attempts, and his o-line is better and his WR are better. See I am so tired of everyone saying that Luck has to do it all on his own, when it is a factual lie, he has plenty around him as has been proven.

I hear ya, I've seen the stats. The stat i really hate was the one that gives a nod to Luck for comeback games. It wouldn't be a come from behind game if he didn't put the team in that position in the first place. We will see this season, the media has doubted Wilson even before he was drafted, and will continue to do so until Wilson has proved them wrong, but he doesn't have to prove to his fans anything, cause we already know.

Sac

Reaction score
Anthony!":2x73fq2c said:
Okay so, you should be flattered, not got your nose bent out of shape , the information is available free to anyone, I have people use the stats I show all the time, no big deal. No place did I say it was my work, so no problem.

I am flattered, actually. But I still had to bust you out. :p

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Why do people think we had a great running game last year...it wasnt that good.....

If you take away Wilsons 500 something yards we are ranked somewhere around 20 for total rushing yards on the season.

Lynch also only had 3 games where he went over 100 yards and in one of those games (Colts) Wilson had the same ammount of yards Lynch did.

There were 9 games were Lynch didnt even average 4 yards a carry in the game....Is THAT a great running game to you?

Towards the end of the year starting with the Vikings Lynch Had:

54 yards
45 yards
72 yards
47 yards
71 yards
97 yards

That is 110 carries he had for 386 yards and 5 TD. YPC avg of 3.5 per game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
chris98251":g88sbbss said:
I don't know about most of you but I seen Super Star and starter during the Kansas City Chiefs preseason game and have not looked back.

Everyone hyped Luck, endorsed Luck and was getting in line to anoint him Manning 2.0, all those that were doing that are either pissed because they missed the bandwagon for promotion and advertisements or can't admit the huge whiff they made as talent evaluators. Wilson will always have his doubters and detractors due to the above.

All he has to do is win really and at the end of the day history will speak for itself. Luck is a good QB, but he was suppose to be a good QB drafted number 1. A franchise sold out to get him and I don't buy the story that they didn't, players played hard, but as a Sonic fan we see how a front office can destroy the product on the field if they so choose.

Stats are great for those that want to try to justify a argument, but stats don't tell the whole story. If you can't trust your fan experience in watching a player show he is special then maybe you should choose another interest, stat gurus are great in fantasy, but football is more than that. Sometimes you get a player that plays above the odds and stat gurus, we have one, enjoy him while we can. I just hope we don't do what the Vikings did with Tarkenton and trade him away only to have to admit they really should have kept him and brought him back.

I was yelling at the TV for him to get a preseason start after his first preseason action. Just from watching him play, granted not against first string, but he was really impressive and I wanted to see what he could do with the starters and since actually starting I have not looked back either.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
How crazy is it that a couple of years ago there was the whole debate only about Luck vs RG3, then Russell Wilson got in the picture and crack a hole in the space time continuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.