How is this game not on Bevell

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ysksfb2 said:
WindCityHawk":2ysksfb2 said:
Meanwhile, Buffalo sacked their OC and went on a 4-game win streak..

Then lost 3 of 5.........with the two wins against the Jags and Bengals by less than a TD. What a genius move.

Of course, they have significantly less talent than we do, that's part of my point. We have far superior personnel on the field, yet only one more win than Buffalo. Do you really think the Seahawks' roster is only one win better than Buffalo's? Or is something stifling our productivity?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1obgcte4 said:
Now people are defending Bevell saying it's a team game, like firing one guy wouldn't fix a score of problems.

Meanwhile, Buffalo sacked their OC and went on a 4-game win streak.

When you identify a tumor, or a swollen appendix making you sick, you don't say "well, the body is a complicated thing, it takes every part working together to blah blah blah." You just cut the damn thing out. Your body still won't be perfect, but it'll work a whole lot better. Just ask Buffalo.
Well according to some, Bevell walks on water and has never made a bad play call.
They will never change their minds as they are in full defense mode of the guy. It's their prerogative to have that opinion and they are welcome to it, as are we that think he isn't fit to be to be an OC for the team we root for....such is life.

The glorious day when he is no longer our OC, you will see an instant improvement, like you saw from Gus Bradley to Dan Quinn on the otherside of the ball. A lot of these same folks were predicting disaster once Gus left, only to see a sizeable improvement. I will be the least surprised guy in this forum when the "instant improvement" happens once a Bevell either gets fired, quits, or is hired away.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27lvtlkr said:
WindCityHawk":27lvtlkr said:
Now people are defending Bevell saying it's a team game, like firing one guy wouldn't fix a score of problems.

When you identify a tumor, or a swollen appendix making you sick, you don't say "well, the body is a complicated thing, it takes every part working together to blah blah blah." You just cut the damn thing out. Your body still won't be perfect, but it'll work a whole lot better. Just ask Buffalo.
Well according to some, Bevell walks on water and has never made a bad play call.
They will never change their minds as they are in full defense mode of the guy. It's their prerogative to have that opinion and they are welcome to it, as are we that think he isn't fit to be to be an OC for the team we root for....such is life.

The glorious day when he is no longer our OC, you will see an instant improvement, like you saw from Gus Bradley to Dan Quinn on the otherside of the ball. A lot of these same folks were predicting disaster once Gus left, only to see a sizeable improvement. I will be the least surprised guy in this forum when the "instant improvement" happens once a Bevell either gets fired, quits, or is hired away.

All too true. I suppose we're only wasting time debating it. I suppose my fear is that he won't get hired away and this talent will wither on the vine.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2z5jpmeb said:

This is only true if Bevell really is the cancer you seem to think he is. While I've had my share of frustrations with gameplans and play calling from time to time, I'm not convinced he's the BIG negative you suggest and that simply getting rid of him would result in skyrocketing offensive performance. JS and PC have been reasonably quick to cut loose players for performance issues, so I think it's reasonable to surmise that if they agreed with you then Bevell would be gone.

But just imagine for a moment that you got your wish. Think through the most likely mid-season replacement scenarios and tell me you still believe we would see a marked, immediate improvement.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2o958coh said:
Sgt. Largent":2o958coh said:
WindCityHawk":2o958coh said:

Then lost 3 of 5.........with the two wins against the Jags and Bengals by less than a TD. What a genius move.

Of course, they have significantly less talent than we do, that's part of my point. We have far superior personnel on the field, yet only one more win than Buffalo. Do you really think the Seahawks' roster is only one win better than Buffalo's? Or is something stifling our productivity?

Did you watch the Hawks play the Bills? They have a lot of very good talent on offense, and a far better line than us.

Yes when Russell, Graham, Baldwin and a healthy RB we have good talent.............and low and behold the offense plays well and scores points.

So what exactly are you looking for? That's how every team is, when their players play well and execute the gameplan and plays, they usually win. Are you wanting Bevell to work miracles when his players suck and are hurt?

Cause that OC doesn't exist, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":1rnrxsat said:
WindCityHawk":1rnrxsat said:

This is only true if Bevell really is the cancer you seem to think he is. While I've had my share of frustrations with gameplans and play calling from time to time, I'm not convinced he's the BIG negative you suggest and that simply getting rid of him would result in skyrocketing offensive performance. JS and PC have been reasonably quick to cut loose players for performance issues, so I think it's reasonable to surmise that if they agreed with you then Bevell would be gone.

But just imagine for a moment that you got your wish. Think through the most likely mid-season replacement scenarios and tell me you still believe we would see a marked, immediate improvement.
All I know is this: The more I drink the better looking I get, the more confident I get, and the stronger my OC skills get!

It's a wonderful world :mrgreen:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Speaking of Bevell, as it often happens on this forum, I did have a dream the other night that he became the Colts new head coach.

Kinda funny, but the more I envision him wearing Colts swag the more likely it seems to me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This one is NOT on Bevell, though he did little to adjust for a Tampa pass rush that was simply owning the OLine. It was mostly on the OLine but the whole O can take credit for that weak sauce. Pure and simply Tampa's DLine ate the OLine's lunch all day and made them look silly and just as bad and weak as they are at times. after a soft start from the D they stiffened and held TB to the same 14 points they gave up early.

If I had any complaint it was the inability to adjust to the reality that they couldn't run, and RW was under duress all afternoon. They were still trying for big plays downfield which made little sense. However One big play and it's a whole differnet game. I thought TB played very well on D. On the other side there was no run game at all and the team could even convert a 3rd and short with a 290 lb. FB. the Oline runblocking was atrocious. Added to this RW was off target frequently (just ever so slightly), and his WRs couldn't hold on, or got themselves boxed out, or the play to them was picked off.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2x8ya9kv said:
Sports Hernia":2x8ya9kv said:
WindCityHawk":2x8ya9kv said:

All too true. I suppose we're only wasting time debating it. I suppose my fear is that he won't get hired away and this talent will wither on the vine.
Possible, Pete is probably the most loyal coach in the NFL.

kf3339

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33cdgita said:
BirdsCommaAngry":33cdgita said:
RolandDeschain":33cdgita said:
Except for the fact that an elite defense gives your offense MORE chances to score...

How so?!
I'm assuming this is rhetorical, so I'm not going to bother answering it.

I'll pose a situation to people at large: I propose we run an experiment. I'm going to setup a 50-foot-long beam that is three inches wide and raised 100 feet above the ground and clock how fast you walk across it while there's a safety net underneath you. Then, I'm going to remove the safety net and clock you again. Your second trip is obviously going to be much slower, and I doubt any of you would dispute that.

Our offense operates the same damn way. "We don't need to steal the show; just do enough, the defense suffocates the opponent."

It's frustrating. The Patriots offense operates on the assumption that their defense will allow 50 points every game and they go for the throat. I really wish we'd operate ours with the same urgency.

Well stated!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1c9g8i50 said:
WindCityHawk":1c9g8i50 said:
Sgt. Largent":1c9g8i50 said:
WindCityHawk":1c9g8i50 said:

Did you watch the Hawks play the Bills? They have a lot of very good talent on offense, and a far better line than us.

Yes when Russell, Graham, Baldwin and a healthy RB we have good talent.............and low and behold the offense plays well and scores points.

So what exactly are you looking for? That's how every team is, when their players play well and execute the gameplan and plays, they usually win. Are you wanting Bevell to work miracles when his players suck and are hurt?

Cause that OC doesn't exist, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
It all matters on ones opinions of DB. If one thinks he is great then one might think there is not suitable replacement.
If one thinks he's one of the worst OC's in the league, then one thinks it's very possible to find a better OC as that is a pretty low bar to get over in some folks eyes.

The same argument you make for Bevell, was made for Gus when he left, we hired
Quinn and he was clearly a better DC. Most of us had no idea who Dan Quinn was.

OP
OP
andyh64000

andyh64000

Reaction score
We scored 3 points against the 24th ranked defense yet we should give the OC a free pass? If not now then when will it be Bevell's fault? When we get shut out by the 49ers?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The interceptions and fumble snuffed out 3 drives. Six sacks stalled drives. Holding, false start and offensive pass interference penalties did us no favors. As has been said, receivers were open, but Russ threw errantly and we stubbed our toes there. So many things that got away from us. But it's only 1 game and we are in solid shape as we stare down the remaining 5 games on our sked. Our coaching staff knows what it takes to succeed and I have the utmost faith and confidence in them to propel us deep into the playoffs.

Latest posts