How is this game not on Bevell

andyh64000

Reaction score
We scored 3 points. Yes Hunt is probably the worst center in the NFL (by a mile) but. 3 points?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Bubble screen down by 2 scores late in the 4th is Bevell.
Calling a FB draw behind a rookie center on 3rd and 1 is Bevell.
Continuing to give Kearse play calls is Bevell.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
The tree-hugging, social justice warriors on our forum got this odd idea that football is a team game where players, coaches, and front-office personnel need to work together to achieve consistent successes. Thus, they feel wins and losses are both the product of a team effort (or lack thereof). They're correct, of course, but that doesn't mean they're right.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The five stages of Seahawks fans reacting to a loss:

1. Shout angrily at the TV / guy sat next to you

2. Log onto Seahawks.net and start a 'fire Bevell' thread

3. Maybe talk about Cable too

4. Start thinking ahead to the next game

5. Predict a Super Bowl win after next weeks victory

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":kmuouzuo said:
Bevell is not the offensive line coach.
But he is the genius that said "Hey, let's not just run our four-minute offense all game since the O-line is actually still back in Seattle" to try and compensate for it like you see plenty of other teams do when they face a rush their O-line's consistently getting spanked by.

Not to point out inconvenient facts, or anything.

OP
OP
andyh64000

andyh64000

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2lxy2b89 said:

We scored 3 points.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Bevell did a fantastic job tonight, Russell Wilson had one really shitty day, and I hope that's the last we see of that, for a long time. Everyone has a bad day, Russell had his today. Nuff said, I'm getting out the catchup, salt and pepper to go with the healthy serving of Crow I'm going to be choking down on this forum for the next week.

hawk45

Reaction score
If bevell has a fault it's that he ever trusts the OL won't just take a dump.
He watched them appear to function for a few games, thinks as we do they are on the rise, and is caught flat footed when it is destroyed. Britt being out doesn't mean Fant, Gilliam, Ifedi, etc all have to suck. When he draws up the game plan with cable, cable isn't saying look man we won't be able to run or pass block at all so everything must be out in 1.5 seconds.
IMO bevell should always have the OL dumpster fire game plan ready to go every game, although it is difficult to draw up two specific game plans for each opponent.
And shoot even when the quick passing entered the equation Russ is having an off day and not quite able to make the perfect decision in 1.5 seconds or make the perfect throw at a dead run.
Britt doesn't explain how helpless Fant was on the edge. This OL is just always prime for a poop day. One guy goes down, kiss it goodbye.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
andyh64000":hllytqiz said:
theENGLISHseahawk":hllytqiz said:

We scored 3 points.

And the last three weeks the offense was awesome and we beat three solid teams.

Bring on the Panthers.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3e2fymjh said:
Evil_Shenanigans":3e2fymjh said:
Bevell is not the offensive line coach.
But he is the genius that said "Hey, let's not just run our four-minute offense all game since the O-line is actually still back in Seattle" to try and compensate for it like you see plenty of other teams do when they face a rush their O-line's consistently getting spanked by.

Not to point out inconvenient facts, or anything.

Oh make no mistake I am no Bevell fan, but to simply blame him for perhaps the worst total team spanking in the Pete Carroll era is just a bit short sighted. We did nothing well in this game. Aim higher!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2eipx1mg said:
andyh64000":2eipx1mg said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2eipx1mg said:

We scored 3 points.

Bring on the Panthers.

And when the Panthers D line wrecks us, you will say "bring on the Packers".

:2thumbs:

What's your Xs and Os perspective on our O line against good pressuring defenses?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":33z4qqtm said:

Bring on the Panthers.
I'd suggest you look up the definition of the word "awesome," English. The number of points we've scored in the last three games prior to today's: 26, 31, 31. The Falcons are the top offense in the league and average 32.5 points per game thus far this year. 29.3 points per game was our average for the three-game stretch you referred to as "awesome," and it's definitely good; but awesome? No. Not by the commonly accepted definition of the word. "Awesome" would be more accurately defined by that three-game stretch where we averaged 50 points per game back in 2012, lol.

ivotuk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1q3784br said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1q3784br said:

Bring on the Panthers.
I'd suggest you look up the definition of the word "awesome," English. The number of points we've scored in the last three games prior to today's: 26, 31, 31. The Falcons are the top offense in the league and average 32.5 points per game thus far this year. 29.3 points per game was our average for the three-game stretch you referred to as "awesome," and it's definitely good; but awesome? No. Not by the commonly accepted definition of the word. "Awesome" would be more accurately defined by that three-game stretch where we averaged 50 points per game back in 2012, lol.

I have to disagree on this one Roland. When you have the number one scoring defense 4 years running, those numbers are great.

Teams that score more than that do so usually because they have no defense, or no running game to speak of. And those teams don't win Championships. Remember that Denver team that set records scoring?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":113k2f16 said:
The tree-hugging, social justice warriors on our forum got this odd idea that football is a team game where players, coaches, and front-office personnel need to work together to achieve consistent successes. Thus, they feel wins and losses are both the product of a team effort (or lack thereof). They're correct, of course, but that doesn't mean they're right.

I've noticed your posts often use a lot of words that don't say much. In a word,,,huh?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":pk05wv55 said:
I have to disagree on this one Roland. When you have the number one scoring defense 4 years running, those numbers are great.

Teams that score more than that do so usually because they have no defense, or no running game to speak of. And those teams don't win Championships. Remember that Denver team that set records scoring?
Except for the fact that an elite defense gives your offense MORE chances to score...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1nu9bx8n said:
RolandDeschain":1nu9bx8n said:
Except for the fact that an elite defense gives your offense MORE chances to score...

How so?!
I'm assuming this is rhetorical, so I'm not going to bother answering it.

I'll pose a situation to people at large: I propose we run an experiment. I'm going to setup a 50-foot-long beam that is three inches wide and raised 100 feet above the ground and clock how fast you walk across it while there's a safety net underneath you. Then, I'm going to remove the safety net and clock you again. Your second trip is obviously going to be much slower, and I doubt any of you would dispute that.

Our offense operates the same damn way. "We don't need to steal the show; just do enough, the defense suffocates the opponent."

It's frustrating. The Patriots offense operates on the assumption that their defense will allow 50 points every game and they go for the throat. I really wish we'd operate ours with the same urgency.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ql7oe8u said:
BirdsCommaAngry":3ql7oe8u said:
RolandDeschain":3ql7oe8u said:

How so?!
I'm assuming this is rhetorical, so I'm not going to bother answering it.

I'll pose a situation to people at large: I propose we run an experiment. I'm going to setup a 50-foot-long beam that is three inches wide and raised 100 feet above the ground and clock how fast you walk across it while there's a safety net underneath you. Then, I'm going to remove the safety net and clock you again. Your second trip is obviously going to be much slower, and I doubt any of you would dispute that.

Our offense operates the same damn way. "We don't need to steal the show; just do enough, the defense suffocates the opponent."

It's frustrating. The Patriots offense operates on the assumption that their defense will allow 50 points every game and they go for the throat. I really wish we'd operate ours with the same urgency.

Damn your posts are on point... :2thumbs:

Latest posts