Honolulu Seahawks Fans

Lisaz

Reaction score
We are Seahawks fans who will be in Honolulu for the Super Bowl and are looking for a place to watch the game. Are there any places that are Seahawks friendly?

HawkWow

Reaction score
A ton of information to be had by putting Honolulu in the search engine (top of page). E Komo Mai, aloha, bring lots of money. ; )

Hawaiian Hawk

Reaction score
Breakers looks like the place to watch on the Northshore. Down town Haleiwa. Can't miss it. I will be at work 14,000 ft above you until I can watch the game! Or you can come skydive with us at Pacific Skyiving on the Norhshore before the game and mke the day that much more exciting! Aloha!! Go Hawks!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawaiian Hawk":sdp5kgir said:
Breakers looks like the place to watch on the Northshore. Down town Haleiwa. Can't miss it. I will be at work 14,000 ft above you until I can watch the game! Or you can come skydive with us at Pacific Skyiving on the Norhshore before the game and mke the day that much more exciting! Aloha!! Go Hawks!!

How's the water looking over by you guys? We're hearing rumors of Kings and Queens breaking at 50' (!!) in Hanalei tomorrow. Parachutes may be the answer. LOL.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
http://www.yelp.com/topic/honolulu-hawa ... -in-hawaii

HawkWow":3flu5hgw said:
Hawaiian Hawk":3flu5hgw said:

How's the water looking over by you guys? We're hearing rumors of Kings and Queens breaking at 50' (!!) in Hanalei tomorrow. Parachutes may be the answer. LOL.

U kidding who wants to go to North Shore when the fking traffic is so bad. ITS SO BAD.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Carmon1274":1wf66v3d said:
http://www.yelp.com/topic/honolulu-hawaiian-seahawks-12th-man-in-hawaii

HawkWow":1wf66v3d said:
Hawaiian Hawk":1wf66v3d said:

U kidding who wants to go to North Shore when the fking traffic is so bad. ITS SO BAD.

Everybody wants to go to heaven, nobody wants to die. ; ) On our way North now. Again...parachutes may be the answer, lol. Aloha.

Hawaiian Hawk

Reaction score
Big swell is gone, didn't do much with the west winds just blew everything out. They were towing in at Pa Ahi (jaws) Pretty awesome. All back to normal today 15-25. Parachutes are the answer! Go Hawks!!

Lanakila

Reaction score
Hawkwow has addressed this topic quite well. Search those answer. Since the Niner aren't playing that may take some of the sketchiness out of going to a bar to watch the game. Lot more Niner fans than Seahawk fans in Honolulu. You might consider going to a bar in a major hotel in Waikiki since you more likely end up with a more diverse crowd. Anyway, if you read any of Hawkwow's posts you'll see that she says be cool and respectful going to local bars in Hawaii. That's the best advice you'll get. Humility serves you well in Hawaii.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
The Hula's next to Lulu's is a pro hawk bar. Yes I know.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawaiian Hawk":2ldvfkcp said:
Big swell is gone, didn't do much with the west winds just blew everything out. They were towing in at Pa Ahi (jaws) Pretty awesome. All back to normal today 15-25. Parachutes are the answer! Go Hawks!!

In deed. We missed the big stuff (so traffic was minimal, lol).

BTW, we own tour boats that cruise the Na Pali coast. We've never skydived but want to. Ever cruise the Na Pali? Want to? ; )

Thanks for the props Lanakila...but Kane, not Wahine. LOL...do I write like a chick?? That's Mrs. Wow in my avatar, not I. ; )

Regarding the 49er population / pollution here: I'm still enjoying the random "cheater" comments from the hardcore fans, but overall, most appear to be in resignation (or hiding). For our visiting friends, I wouldn't worry too much about the 9er fans but I do like the advice given "check out the better hotel bars" or at least the bars on Kalakaua (just stay close to the ocean). regardless of the team colors you fly. The biggest reason being these establishments are more geared towards the tourist as opposed to some seedy Kalihi area sports bar that offers Pai Gow poker and happy time massages in the back. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I hope our visiting friends also understand there is nothing wrong with being a tourist, either.

I run into too many people saying things like "but isn't that sorta' for tourists?...we want to hang with the locals". My question to them is...why?

There is no logical reason to hang with the working people and waste your vacation because you didn't want to look like a tourist. Know this...you look like a tourist no matter what and more times than not, by seeking out the local dominated beaches, bars etc, you are basically in the way and exposing yourself to problems. I've lived here 32 years and myself prefer the lounges and benefits of our better hotels.

Do the touristy stuff people! It's touristy stuff because it's cool and relevant.

Many of us love tourists and not (just) because of your money. While I love the local people and consider myself more Hawaiian than haole, I love the tourists just as much. This for the simple fact that you are energetic, positive and seeing our beautiful aina in a way that is sometimes lost on us....with new eyes. And better...you are all extremely happy. I enjoy being around happy people and go out of my way to make your stay safer and more enjoyable. That makes life more enjoyable for me.

You will have no problems if you just follow the advice of several knowing posters in these threads. And if you do...it is likely because you were drunk, loud and / or disrespectful. Save the heavy drinking for the pool bar area of your hotel. IF you have trouble but were none of those things...don't worry, as stated above, we are your friends and you are our guests. Someone will step in and resolve the situation post haste. While it's true some locals don't do well with tourists, it is more true those types of locals don't do well with us either, and there are many more of us than there are of them. Aloha and E Komo Mai (welcome).