Homer gone

vonstout

Reaction score
You don't spend a first round pick on a RB when you have a very good back that had a great season last year. I understand that he could get hurt and you need to have depth, but we can't afford to draft Bijan. We don't have much cap space, but I'd love to see Jamal Williams in a Hawks uni. I doubt that we can afford him either. I liked the Jones signing, but we pretty much used up our cap space with Geno and Jones.

JPatera76

Reaction score
You don't spend a first round pick on a RB when you have a very good back that had a great season last year. I understand that he could get hurt and you need to have depth, but we can't afford to draft Bijan. We don't have much cap space, but I'd love to see Jamal Williams in a Hawks uni. I doubt that we can afford him either. I liked the Jones signing, but we pretty much used up our cap space with Geno and Jones.
I’d take Jamal or Montgomery. Being the in-laws are die hard bears fans and I live a few hrs from Chicago lol it’s all I hear about, and Montgomery isn’t bad at all. Dudes a stud imo

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I already laid out a scenario where we get Bijan. Cards keep their pick and take Anderson, Carter is off John and Pete's board altogether due to character concerns. One of the 4 QB's remain and Seattle trades down. Uses first selection on Bijan and goes heavy on defense after that.

That would be a horrible draft IMO. An impact running back (which we already have) is a terrible outcome from having a top 5 draft pick.

You need an impact player at a premium position for that pick. OT, DT, EDGE, QB are top tier positions. CB and WR are a shade lower. RB, LB, Safety, OG are non premium talents as the drop off from a really good one to a mediocre one is a lot less.

If we get anything less than a QBOTF or top DL from this draft position, I'll be very disappointed.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
That is just bad math, I suggest you review the deals each received. Let me help, Monty's deal is 3yr/18m with 11m guaranteed and Homer's is a two-year deal worth a MAXIMUM of $4.5 million. Monty is getting 6m per year while Homer is probably closer to 2m per year, not 4.5m.
You’re right. I thought it was a 1-yr. deal. Poles loves 1-yr. deals, because he prizes “flexibility “

I also wonder how much Penny’s injury history impacted his market value.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I liked Homer to a point but he wasn't going to be a
huge part of the run game and if he was in we were
passing pretty much right?
It's just time for new and fresh players to rotate.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I liked Homer but he's not a special talent in my opinion. We can get similar back in UDFA market or possibly another Free agent.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
He is always breaking off big plays. He always should have gotten a lot more playing time. He averages 5.5 yards per carry on the ground, 8.9 yards per reception catching 85.2 percent of all balls thrown his way, and 24.7 yards per kickoff return.