Hi Everyone. From Kansas City

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3v2eb4ol said:
HawkFan72":3v2eb4ol said:
Thanks for the nice post. I have to admit, I am more nervous about this game than any other game so far. KC is tough this year.

I do believe the Hawks despite all that's going on can win this game, but don't get me wrong, if they pull it off, it's going to be a "steal on the road"

That's how I see it to. They CAN win this game, but this is the first time I am not expecting it.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3mlcng76 said:
Thanks for the nice post. I have to admit, I am more nervous about this game than any other game so far. KC is tough this year.

I am too very nervous , if the Hawks can win this will be a huge confidence builder , as I have been to KC before and it is a very tough place to play for the Visiting Team.

OP
OP
B

bobbybrown

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2dlfymwh said:
To the OP.

Thank you. I will be there, and will use your suggestions.

My wife and I are not afraid to walk a bit to escape the worst of leaving the parking lots. What would you suggest for us?

Hi,

is this in regards to where to park? If so, since you are traveling here for just one game, I would honestly recommend the following:

Head to home depot, 1 exit down from the stadium, and grab one of those cheap $20 webber grills (I use these for tailgaiting) You might need one anyways just to stay warm, I've been to quite a few stadiums, and not many get cold like this. Still built from all the original concrete, so when it's cold it's extremely cold, and the wind rips through that parking lot.

Pick up some hamburgers, brawts, coke, beer ect.

Drive into the lot at 7:30-8:00ish.

Light up your grill and have some fun with 80,000 others!

If you are already planning on meeting other people there for tailgating and want to avoid the parking ect. There are places across the street from the stadium that have like 5-10$ parking (they are small so you need to get to those spots early, probably no later than 7:30) so you can basically walk across the street. This stadium is also surrounded by neighborhoods, so you COULD just find a street to park over there. Or you can take a cab from your hotel and have them drop you off.

If you haven't gotten a place to stay and are strictly here for just the game on sunday, without doing anything saturday night, you can always stay at one of the two hotels right outside the parking lot. (They are gross though) Otherwise I suggest staying downtown.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bobbybrown":1z4um0t8 said:
Scottemojo":1z4um0t8 said:
To the OP.

Thank you. I will be there, and will use your suggestions.

My wife and I are not afraid to walk a bit to escape the worst of leaving the parking lots. What would you suggest for us?

Hi,

is this in regards to where to park? If so, since you are traveling here for just one game, I would honestly recommend the following:

Head to home depot, 1 exit down from the stadium, and grab one of those cheap $20 webber grills (I use these for tailgaiting) You might need one anyways just to stay warm, I've been to quite a few stadiums, and not many get cold like this. Still built from all the original concrete, so when it's cold it's extremely cold, and the wind rips through that parking lot.

Pick up some hamburgers, brawts, coke, beer ect.

Drive into the lot at 7:30-8:00ish.

Light up your grill and have some fun with 80,000 others!

If you are already planning on meeting other people there for tailgating and want to avoid the parking ect. There are places across the street from the stadium that have like 5-10$ parking (they are small so you need to get to those spots early, probably no later than 7:30) so you can basically walk across the street. This stadium is also surrounded by neighborhoods, so you COULD just find a street to park over there. Or you can take a cab from your hotel and have them drop you off.

If you haven't gotten a place to stay and are strictly here for just the game on sunday, without doing anything saturday night, you can always stay at one of the two hotels right outside the parking lot. (They are gross though) Otherwise I suggest staying downtown.
Thanks, but I am mostly interested in parking where I can leave quickly. Even if I have to walk 10 minutes to do so.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
OP,

2 Questions:

1) What is it with the "crazy little women" from KC?

and 2) What's going on at "12th and Vine" these days?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypHZmXdU3o[/youtube]

OP
OP
B

bobbybrown

Reaction score
Scottemojo":oe7f8pvg said:
bobbybrown":oe7f8pvg said:
Scottemojo":oe7f8pvg said:
To the OP.

Thanks, but I am mostly interested in parking where I can leave quickly. Even if I have to walk 10 minutes to do so.

Alrighty, I would then probably suggest getting there early enough to grab one of the spots across the street from the stadium. OR there is a hotel across i-70 almost directly across from the Royals stadium. Their parking lot is pretty big, I see a lot of people parking from there and walking over even though I'm sure there are signs saying hotel customers only. Also on that same side across the interstate is a Dennys, along with a bar. There is also a back entrance to the stadium from 40hwy to east stadium drive. When you take this road, you will get to a point at the entrance to the back parking lots, you will then see people parking in the grass across the street. I have parked here numerous times. Good luck finding one!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":7vpj5fed said:
OP,

2 Questions:

1) What is it with the "crazy little women" from KC?

and 2) What's going on at "12th and Vine" these days?
[youtube]mypHZmXdU3o[/youtube]

Fixed it for you.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful posts! Wish I was going...
My tradition is to make a dish (or drink) representative of the cuisine of the opponent city.
Usually I have a few friends and roommates over in the theater room to watch the game.
So far this year...
For Denver... (baked) Denver Omelet, what else!
Green Bay - Beer and Cheese soup (mine turned out bad)
Carolina - Carolina-style BBQ.
St. Louis - St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake.
Dallas - Homemade Chili and cornbread
Washington D.C. - Pork Barrel Carrot and Stick Hot air Soup (A surprise hit)
Oakland preseason - What says Oakland like Malt Liquor, a little Colt 45 or Olde English?
Oakland regular season - street-cart style tacos
The biggest hits were the baked Denver Omelet, St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake, Carolina BBQ, and the D.C. Pork Barrel Carrot and Stick Hot air Soup.

Any recommendations for KC-inspired dishes, even better, links to hard-to-screw-up recipes?
I'm guessing something BBQ... maybe a wildcard or two we might not know about in Pac NW...

For the game... I expect a close Seahawks win, 200 yards rushing, and a couple trick plays from the Hawks, at least one of which works. Maybe a flea-flicker, or Lynch throwing a TD pass off a fake run. Should be a great game, probably the best of the week. We'll probably need a big play on special teams too to get the W.

Last but not least... my favorite Eric Berry pic.

Russell wilson eric berry flip

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's great to see classy fans stop by another team's board and do something besides trash talk. I know I've always tried to make other team's fans feel welcome, even Niners fans...lol. It's always interesting to chat with a fan from a different part of the country and offering a different perspective.

Kansas City fans have a great reputation, at least around here. They have no problems selling out their stadium even though they haven't even been to a SB since the merger when they played in the last ever AFL game. That was a long time ago, but I remember it well as I was a big Chiefs fan in the days of Lenny Dawson, Buck Buchanan, Willie Lanier, Mike Garrett, Otis Taylor, and so on.

Good Luck, but not until after this weekend!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Very nice, I have really no doubt about this game now, I'm sure it will be hard fought, it will make our furnace fight in San Diego a couple months ago seem like a sparing match. But we are better than surviving now and it's time to "make our run".

It's a must win for both teams really. But we are becoming underestimated by our struggling and teams are starting to see us as vulnerable and weak, this will work to our advantage going forward.

morgulon1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":25stxre8 said:
Is there a way to just get dropped off at the stadium? Like if I won't be parking but will be getting dropped off, is there a way to do that?

I took a shuttle (bus) from downtown. It seems quite a few of the locals do this.

phenom

Reaction score
As a chiefs fan myself, I echo OP. Good luck and no injuries!

On a weather note, to those of you traveling in on Saturday, please be careful. We're expecting our first snowfall of the season, 2-3 inches may not sound like much but trust me, it's gonna be a nightmare the way people drive around here, it's like they forget how to drive in it and get careless and foolish.

I hope all of you going have a great time!

PS, I will always kinda have a soft place in my heart for the Seahawks cause of what you guys did to Denver in the SB. Any team that can flat out embarrass that franchise on a national stage of that level is alright in my book! :th2thumbs:

razgriz737

Reaction score
God it's nice have fans from other teams come who are actually kind and respectful. (Looking at you Washington and SF)

Welcome to .NET!

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":36rs5lok said:
Careful what you eat at Arrowhead Stadium. :shock:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... o-stadiums

As disgusting as that article was, it doesn't surprise me. Companies like Aramark are all about their bottom line. They will say that health and safety are number one, but their number one priority by far is always profits.

Luckily there is some amazing tailgating at the park and even though they don't have to follow the strict protocols that the stands have to, they are probably serving safer foods.

pehawk

Reaction score
phenom":18m256h1 said:
As a chiefs fan myself, I echo OP. Good luck and no injuries!

On a weather note, to those of you traveling in on Saturday, please be careful. We're expecting our first snowfall of the season, 2-3 inches may not sound like much but trust me, it's gonna be a nightmare the way people drive around here, it's like they forget how to drive in it and get careless and foolish.

I hope all of you going have a great time!

PS, I will always kinda have a soft place in my heart for the Seahawks cause of what you guys did to Denver in the SB. Any team that can flat out embarrass that franchise on a national stage of that level is alright in my book! :th2thumbs:

Hey, thanks for posting and please, please, please stick around. We need opposing views from other fans.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Mildly interesting: Jaye Howard is the starting LDE for the Chiefs. For anyone that doesn't recall, the Hawks drafted Howard in the 4th round of the 2012 draft. Didn't see much of the field here.

From those of you in the know, how has he looked in KC?

Brahn

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":22v9wvks said:
Mildly interesting: Jaye Howard is the starting LDE for the Chiefs. For anyone that doesn't recall, the Hawks drafted Howard in the 4th round of the 2012 draft. Didn't see much of the field here.

From those of you in the know, how has he looked in KC?

Nothing on Howard from me on a have seen in game time.

But a quick check of season stats

15 Tackles

.5 sacks

Then again when you have to beat Justin Houston to the QB for a sack chances are gonna be slim.