Heavy’s article on Wilson for Carr

toffee

Reaction score
zchurch74":2yms78dy said:
It’s the off-season so their will be rumors of Wilson going to every team. Thoughts on the following?

https://heavy.com/sports/las-vegas-raid ... de-rumors/

I would be happy with Carr. He has the heart and wants to win. The extra draft picks are also nice.

This time last year, I was hoping for Chucky to pull the trigger on Carr+picks for Wilson. Make no mistake, Wilson is better than Carr, that said, Carr is quite serviceable especially as a game manager. His long balls not in the same league as Wilson, but again serviceable. Being a family man helps.

Sy15mpiY 400x400

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
People complain that Wilson can’t possibly do enough to overcome all the shortcomings of the team but somehow Carr is a better answer. Lol. That’s rich.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":15xacdyl said:
People complain that Wilson can’t possibly do enough to overcome all the shortcomings of the team but somehow Carr is a better answer. Lol. That’s rich.

I don't know, maybe some posters think the extra cap space & draft picks might help fill some holes while your solution to fix everything is to just fire the coach.

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1uwqpo66 said:

Do you think Jimmy G is better than Carr? Or Jimmy had better defense and running game? In yesterday's game, Jimmy only attempted 19 passes, the team ran 29 times. In those 19 attempts, he suffered 4 sacks, and an INT. But he play the role of a game manager, 9ers won with LUCK, special team, defense and running game. GB lost with their HOF franchise QB making 29 passing attempts, only ran the ball 20 times, which sounded more like us, right?

If we could improve on our defense, and running game, could we do as well as 9ers with a game manager?

IMHO, our biggest priority is to improve our defense and running game, and we need draft capital and cap space to improve those two area.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
All this "win with a good D and a cheap game manager QB" sure worked well in the T-Jack days. Just look at all our playoff wins and superbowl appearances!

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":2e7i2w1r said:
zchurch74":2e7i2w1r said:
It’s the off-season so their will be rumors of Wilson going to every team. Thoughts on the following?

I would be happy with Carr. He has the heart and wants to win. The extra draft picks are also nice.

This time last year, I was hoping for Chucky to pull the trigger on Carr+picks for Wilson. Make no mistake, Wilson is better than Carr, that said, Carr is quite serviceable especially as a game manager. His long balls not in the same league as Wilson, but again serviceable. Being a family man helps.

Sy15mpiY 400x400

Well Family or no, I want a guy that has swagger and a point the gun at your head and pull the trigger mentality and walk away and say Ooops, guy had a choice and chose badly then walk up to the next guy and do it again.

You know a Manning, Farve, Stabler, Marino swagger.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3bvbqr72 said:
pittpnthrs":3bvbqr72 said:

I don't know, maybe some posters think the extra cap space & draft picks might help fill some holes while your solution to fix everything is to just fire the coach.

I'd agree. I never had a problem with Carr. And, I do think:

a) He wouldn't be flipping off the sidelines.

b) the extra cap space and draft picks would help.

I've said several times (to the angst of some more in the know) that I don't 100% subscribe to the fact that you have to have 'superman' as a QB.

I think that even though I wouldn't mind the band staying together (and it's not going to, no matter HOW much ass grabbing there was in the 4th quarter of the Cardinals win) - I think that a servicable QB with flashes of brilliance wouldn't be the worst thing. If it helped build the team around him more.

Lets all remember - it's a team sport. It's not just 1 dude.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":234isjrn said:
toffee":234isjrn said:
zchurch74":234isjrn said:

Sy15mpiY 400x400

Well Family or no, I want a guy that has swagger and a point the gun at your head and pull the trigger mentality and walk away and say Ooops, guy had a choice and chose badly then walk up to the next guy and do it again.

You know a Manning, Farve, Stabler, Marino swagger.
Russ got it, and we love him for that.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
Seahawk fans love complaining about Wilson's cap hit, but want Carr? Guys, Carr will be making $30M+ APY after next season, just like Tannehill. You really want this for a couple of late 1st round picks?

I will boycott (maybe) the Seahawks if they trade Wilson for anything other than 26 year old Deshaun Watson. Something like:

To NYG:
Wilson

To SEA:
Watson

To TEX:
Daniel Jones
NYG 2021 1st
NYG 2021 1st
NYG 2022 1st
SEA 2021 2nd
SEA 2022 2nd

Elemas

Reaction score
massari":o5euyy5b said:
Seahawk fans love complaining about Wilson's cap hit, but want Carr? Guys, Carr will be making $30M+ APY after next season, just like Tannehill. You really want this for a couple of late 1st round picks?

I will boycott (maybe) the Seahawks if they trade Wilson for anything other than 26 year old Deshaun Watson. Something like:

To NYG:
Wilson

To SEA:
Watson

To TEX:
Daniel Jones
NYG 2021 1st
NYG 2021 1st
NYG 2022 1st
SEA 2021 2nd
SEA 2022 2nd

I’d need a draft pick or two but, agree. Kind of weighs on Watson not going to prison but, besides that….

The Carr and cap hit talk on these forums is whimsical. Sh*tty fans….?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2vcw5m0m said:
pittpnthrs":2vcw5m0m said:

The front office has been a travesty drafting and with free agent pick ups but you think more draft picks and cap space is the answer. Yeah I would like to get rid of a coach that routinely gets out coached and has relied so heavily on the franchise quarterback that people want to get rid of now for some reason.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":11uhy8bk said:
Hockey Guy":11uhy8bk said:
pittpnthrs":11uhy8bk said:

The front office has been a travesty drafting and with free agent pick ups but you think more draft picks and cap space is the answer. Yeah I would like to get rid of a coach that routinely gets out coached and has relied so heavily on the franchise quarterback that people want to get rid of now for some reason.

I didn't say I thought that was the answer. I'm only pointing out that some posters might think this way.

Maybe these posters will go on record & admit that they don't really care if a QB change works out for the betterment of the team because they're just ready for a change & want to see if they're right.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We'd need to wind up at least +6 additional talented players, mostly on D, plus a serviceable game manager QB. TJack wasn't really that serviceable. +6 additional talented players between salary cap room and draft picks.

toffee

Reaction score
olyfan63":28onbsrs said:
We'd need to wind up at least +6 additional talented players, mostly on D, plus a serviceable game manager QB. TJack wasn't really that serviceable. +6 additional talented players between salary cap room and draft picks.

If we have the picks and cap to rebuild our defense and running game, we may be time travel back to 2012? All we can pray is for John to find another Game Manager in round 3 or so.

LTH

Reaction score
That trade reminds me of the Stabler - Pastorini trade.. Oops LOL

LTH

Latest posts