OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":2sm66lip said:
seabowl":2sm66lip said:
Thanks.

There was something else I was looking at for the KNJ firing thread that I thought would be relevant here for people interested in how our TOP situation was:

If our offense managed to increase their TOP to just average, that equates to the other team losing approximately 1 and a half drives per game. That equates to about a FG less scored against us simply by virtue of the other team not getting the ball as much. Where would that put our defense as a scoring D? Top 3!

"But" one might say, "Our offense is explosive! We shouldn't expect them to be average in time on drives!"

Ok, fair enough. Let's make our offense just better enough that they are tied for third from last. Reasonable, right? I mean, that's where our defense is.

Now, instead of #3, our scoring D drops all the way down to... #5.

So if our offense's TOP was simply bottom 3 instead of the absolute worst in the league, our defense becomes a top 5 scoring defense. That's how terrible our offense was in terms of going 3 and out.

Remember they were not worst in the league in TOP but rather worst ever as far as the records go back.