Hawks v. Niners over before it really got started?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I want the Seahawks to have the same advantage that the New England Patriots have had over the last 10 plus years.

Is that to much to ask?

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Many of you weren't there but to see a larger portion of OUR stadium in red and gold as opposed to blue and green was sickening
Then T.O. did his sharpy thing right in front of us , that my friends was the last straw
Hated them ever since but I wish they were good, not going off into decline as they are now for one reason
If their team is bad then they get to say maybe next year but if they are good then they have hope and crushing that hope is what it's all about

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I'm not going to be sad if the Niners have a decline for a few years. That said, I think the reports of their continued decline is premature. They are most likely getting a coaching change and they have talent. They had a lot of draft picks last year and once they get their organization running right, they could be back in it.

If they get a capable coach, they could very well be right back in the hunt next year, so don't count on them suddenly being easy games for us.

jonkchar

Reaction score
Last week the 49ers facebook put up a bunch of pictures from games throughout the last 30 or so years. I have to say I was kind of surprised to see a lot of their current big stars playing with the team back in 2009 or sooner. You can't help but wonder if their team is just starting to get old. I don't follow the 49ers so I'm not sure where their roster is but I hope they're building towards the future

AVL

Reaction score
I'll miss Jim but I am thankful he hasn't won it all while in the Bay area.

Then again, he might go nowhere and cause nightmares for foe and ally alike.

Largent80

Reaction score
My dislike of them goes back to years where most of you weren't even born yet.

As a kid growing up in SoCal I was a L.A. Rams fan. Guess who is a natural rival of L.A. in not only football, but baseball as well?

So, I have hated the Niners since the 1960's. I still think the Rams will get back into the hate spot real soon.

lucky49

Reaction score
for one thing, the media needs/wants there to be a big rivalry because they can be fun even if you don't like either team, so they draw ratings. and there aren't really that many good ones. steelers/ravens is kind of washed up; hasn't had a good game in ages. brady/peyton is still there but that's individual. I can't really think of any other good rivalries right now tbh. So the league and the media etc push it as a huge heated matchup

And even if the hawks do usually win, it's pretty obvious the players and coaches hate each other. So that's still a sign of a rivalry.