Hawks now control their own destiny

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1x1rab3g said:
I understand completely where you are coming from but conversely Atlanta, Buffalo and Detroit will all likely be in "must win to get into playoffs" mode...

Sure. And GB will be in "must win to avoid going back to Seattle" mode. Desperation on the other side can only cover up so much. I'd like to think that one of those teams will do us a favor, but I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic about it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/

If the playoffs started now, the Seattle Seahawks would be a wild-card entry and the No. 5 seed, traveling to Atlanta to play a losing Falcons team.

NFL Playoff Machine

Check current playoff seedings and NFL standings.

Playoff Machine | Standings

A lot will change over the next four weeks, and the 8-4 Seahawks still control their fate in the NFC West, winning the division title if they win out in December. But here's how things play out in the NFC as of Monday:
Arizona Cardinals at 9-3. The NFC West leader has a better conference record than the Green Bay Packers and a win over the Philadelphia Eagles, both of whom also are 9-3.
Green Bay at 9-3. The NFC North leader has a victory over the Eagles.
Philadelphia at 9-3. NFC East leader.
Atlanta at 5-7. NFC South leader has a win over the New Orleans Saints, also 5-7.
Seattle at 8-4. Wild card with a better record in common games than 8-4 Detroit Lions (4-0 vs. 2-2).
Detroit at 8-4. Wild card with better record in conference games than 8-4 Dallas Cowboys (6-2.vs 5-4).

Hawks46

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":267wm71a said:
Philly has a pretty damn good running game themselves.

Yea, well it's not like ours. Philly likes to spread you out and run, lots of 3 WR sets with single back. That plays in our favor, honestly....even in the rain.

They're a quicker, more athletic defense, and that gets negated by a ton of rain and mud.

Also, with literally an inch of rain forecasted, it will likely keep the score down. When they score less than 27 points, they're winless.

Crappy, sloppy weather doesn't favor a finesse, spread team. I'm liking it more and more.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Hawks46":2aw9ciko said:
MidwestHawker":2aw9ciko said:
Philly has a pretty damn good running game themselves.

Yea, well it's not like ours. Philly likes to spread you out and run, lots of 3 WR sets with single back. That plays in our favor, honestly....even in the rain.

They're a quicker, more athletic defense, and that gets negated by a ton of rain and mud.

Also, with literally an inch of rain forecasted, it will likely keep the score down. When they score less than 27 points, they're winless.

Crappy, sloppy weather doesn't favor a finesse, spread team. I'm liking it more and more.
Ecmwfued   conus 150 C mslpthkpcp6 white

Don't get your hopes up for Philly rain just yet