Hawks now control their own destiny

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
We'll have to see what GB's valuation does in light of the win over New England, though it probably won't change too much since they were a 3-point favorite and just covered it by a couple of points. Right now we're looking at a set of lines like...

GB -11.5 vs. Atlanta
GB -4.5 at Buffalo
GB -10 at Tampa Bay
GB -9 vs. Detroit

Those will fluctuate a bit as more games occur, and I suspect the Buffalo line might more realistically be something like -5.5 or -6 by gametime, but that's approximately where betting market analytics have those lines right now.

Statistically a team is always a dog to win out over 4+ games. Even if you give them an 85% chance in each game it's about a coin flip to win all four. Still, game-by-game each individual win probability is certainly high. We just have to hope that they unexpectedly mess up somewhere.

HawkWow

Reaction score
raisethe3":ouo52dr8 said:
Crizilla":ouo52dr8 said:
hieroglyphics":ouo52dr8 said:
Packers have to play Falcons who are now competitive, @ Buffalo and Detroit still (plus Tampa).

I don't think they'll win out, that Buffalo game is hardly a cake walk, and Detroit will be playing extremely hard to get into the playoffs that last game of the season.

GB will win out. It's a done deal. They had to lose against NE, but they didn't. Off to GB we go for the title.

Don't even bother responding because it's going to happen. It's a fact.

I pretty much thought this too from a realistic standpoint. I mean, seriously, GB losing to Falcons or Lions? Longshot. But I am hopefully. As someone said, any given day.

Green Bay has nightmares about Detroit's new hail Mary guy.

Cartire

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2e6s2npe said:
We'll have to see what GB's valuation does in light of the win over New England, though it probably won't change too much since they were a 3-point favorite and just covered it by a couple of points. Right now we're looking at a set of lines like...

GB -11.5 vs. Atlanta
GB -4.5 at Buffalo
GB -10 at Tampa Bay
GB -9 vs. Detroit

Those will fluctuate a bit as more games occur, and I suspect the Buffalo line might more realistically be something like -5.5 or -6 by gametime, but that's approximately where betting market analytics have those lines right now.

Statistically a team is always a dog to win out over 4+ games. Even if you give them an 85% chance in each game it's about a coin flip to win all four. Still, game-by-game each individual win probability is certainly high. We just have to hope that they unexpectedly mess up somewhere.

What sucks is, and I think a lot of fans might have forgotten this, we have to win out as well.

So, why we are contemplating the low percentage chance of them losing 1 game, we have to factor in the not overly high percentage chance of us winning out too. Its still a tough road.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
HawkWow":mi354t2s said:
raisethe3":mi354t2s said:
Crizilla":mi354t2s said:
hieroglyphics":mi354t2s said:
Packers have to play Falcons who are now competitive, @ Buffalo and Detroit still (plus Tampa).

I don't think they'll win out, that Buffalo game is hardly a cake walk, and Detroit will be playing extremely hard to get into the playoffs that last game of the season.

GB will win out. It's a done deal. They had to lose against NE, but they didn't. Off to GB we go for the title.

I pretty much thought this too from a realistic standpoint. I mean, seriously, GB losing to Falcons or Lions? Longshot. But I am hopefully. As someone said, any given day.

Green Bay has nightmares about Detroit's new hail Mary guy.

And Aaron Rodgers still has nightmares of Richard Sherman

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Cartire":emgi13ce said:
What sucks is, and I think a lot of fans might have forgotten this, we have to win out as well.

So, why we are contemplating the low percentage chance of them losing 1 game, we have to factor in the not overly high percentage chance of us winning out too. Its still a tough road.

Sure. Us winning out only really becomes reasonably realistic if we take care of Philly next week. That's the biggest challenge left on the regular season schedule, so if we win that one it's hard not to feel good about each of the remaining games, though I'll add that our spreads will be smaller than most of GB's.

Still makes sense to discuss it though; GB is only relevant to us if they're going to notch a loss the rest of the way.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":2tm5jz0c said:
MidwestHawker":2tm5jz0c said:
GB's closest spread the rest of the way will probably be at Buffalo. It will still be a healthy spread, probably just under a TD, but statistically that's our best hope for an upset.

Detroit is due to win in GB...they haven't won there in 21 years.

Counting on Detroit to win in Lambeau is like counting on Kaep to not throw an interception against the Seahawks defense.

Sure it may happen, but it's highly unlikely

Erebus

Reaction score
I doubt Green Bay loses another game in the regular season, but they haven't been invincible at home in the playoffs the last few years. They lost to the Giants in 2011 (when they were 15-1 and looked unstoppable) and to the 49ers last year. So there's always the possibility that they lose in the divisional round, and if not, I think we could go there and win in the NFCCG if we get that far.

The road to the Super Bowl doesn't look that tough.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I could see Buffalo knocking off GB. The Bills are looking pretty solid, have a lot to play for and GB could be due for a let down.

Still, it won't mean much if the Hawks don't TCB.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
December 7....philly forecast and game time
4:25 pm eastern start
Long term forecast is for almost and inch of rain and 46 degrees.....think this helps us with the running game

byau

Reaction score
The good news is..yes, we control our destiny to win the division. If you are a Seahawks player, you are in the perfect position and can't ask more than that.

As a fan though: I am definitely cautiously optimistic. Well, not sure even optimistic is the right word. Less than two weeks ago some of us doubted we would even make the playoffs. If they hadn't found their swagger, who knows.

It'll be a nail-biting 10 days to see how the Seahawks maintain that attitude and swagger.

I will say that during the 49ers game, after watching the first half-quarter, I trusted the Seahawks D entirely and would have been surprised if the 49ers had more than two scores that game. Hope to see the same and even more against Philly.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
byau":31bjb82q said:
The good news is..yes, we control our destiny to win the division. If you are a Seahawks player, you are in the perfect position and can't ask more than that.

As a fan though: I am definitely cautiously optimistic. Well, not sure even optimistic is the right word. Less than two weeks ago some of us doubted we would even make the playoffs. If they hadn't found their swagger, who knows.

It'll be a nail-biting 10 days to see how the Seahawks maintain that attitude and swagger.

I will say that during the 49ers game, after watching the first half-quarter, I trusted the Seahawks D entirely and would have been surprised if the 49ers had more than two scores that game. Hope to see the same and even more against Philly.

We're going to "have our hands full" with the Philly Offense. They play an "up tempo" game and we might have issues with substitutions. We're going to have to score at least 24 points to win.

byau

Reaction score
Also I think Eagles D is one of the top 1 or 2 teams in forcing turnovers.

They're all really athletic and I think Mark Sanchez will be cautious about passing. He did well against Dallas after two more reckless outings against Green Bay and Tennessee

Seahawks will have a huge challenge on them.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Crizilla":dcuyza80 said:
hieroglyphics":dcuyza80 said:

Isnt this a good thing...you really think the packers are going to be able to hang with any team when they are forced to run the ball and play D if it is snowing all over the place in Lambeau...it neutralizes Rodgers

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you Falcons, AZ looked weak on O in that game and should be nervous, as they are now in must win mode to save any chance of a playoff bye.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2ywygo1q said:

GB -11.5 vs. Atlanta
GB -4.5 at Buffalo
GB -10 at Tampa Bay
GB -9 vs. Detroit

I understand completely where you are coming from but conversely Atlanta, Buffalo and Detroit will all likely be in "must win to get into playoffs" mode...