Hate For Seattle....

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2poatt2r said:
Axx":2poatt2r said:
KCHawkGirl":2poatt2r said:
Kansas City fans love the Seahawks. The Chiefs are doing everything possible to be EXACTLY like us.:)

Elaborate plox
Currently their pass rush is better than ours

What, what, what? They have better pass rush than Clemons, Avril, Bennett, with Irvin returning in week 5 and McDonald balling like never before? Even with Irvin out.. What are you smoking?

benpen

Reaction score
I was in Houston the week of the Raider preseason game and I was sporting Hawks gear all week. I got nothing but high fives, hand shakes, and glowing comments from everyone I met. I even got a local bar to put the game on for me Friday night. Was really cool.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":rju3bzu1 said:
Oh yes sir, they do CURRENTLY. I DID mention that creveat? Yes?

My advice? Is read not scan.:)

I read. Let me ask my question in a different way (a statement). Explain how KC's pass rush is better than Seattle's pass rush.

If you come back with a sack count, I will laugh... just sayin.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2sywbegg said:
KCHawkGirl":2sywbegg said:
Oh yes sir, they do CURRENTLY. I DID mention that creveat? Yes?

My advice? Is read not scan.:)

I read. Let me ask my question in a different way (a statement). Explain how KC's pass rush is better than Seattle's pass rush.
I see them as even right now. Seattle is deeper and comes from every angle via 10 sack guys. Kansas City is going back in time and using Poe as a push NT like us to free Hali and Smith off the edge for 20/15/10. Different scheme, same purpose and result (middle pressure is the key) .

Though CURRENTLY they are better UNTIL we get our full compliment of weapons.:)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
So now its even? Again, you cannot base "Pass Rush" solely on sacks alone. That is not the right way to go about it.

Looking up this data, however...

Poe: 0 sacks in 2012, 3.5 in 2013 to date.
Hali: 9 sacks in 2012, 1 in 2013 to date
Smith: no sacks in either year..

Am I looking at this wrong?

Houston has 7.5 sacks this year. 3 versus Jax, and 4.5 versus the Eagles. None versus a team that poses a threat this year (Dallas).

Full compliment of weapons? You mean we are "even" until we get Irvin back? I am sorry, I do not see it that way. Seattle's pass rush is sick and wrong. But, I'll digress if its a sack count competition.

Note: While some of this is on the corners, Seattle has the #1 D in terms of passing yards against them. Pass rush plays a big part in that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I never said last year in a different scheme concerning a rookie misplaced and lost in said scheme. What is your actual point? Is it prove me wrong? Chase the girl away? Use meaningless statistics to prove a point that has nothing to with what you asked me? Or what?

I just said CURRENTLY the Chief's pass rush is objectively better than ours...until THIS Sunday. Then it may change. Totally likely by the way after this week given we are playing much tougher teams week in, week out

The Chief's lead the league in saxks (15+ my pendactic fan). You think I am arguing who has the better defense? Seriously I am really confused given you change the goalposts with every post.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You said KC had a better pass rush, and I did not agree and as such wanted to dig into why you thought that. I thought I was clear on that, if I was not - I apologize. It has nothing to do with you being a girl (implying people are sexist is rude by the way), and I do not see how the data I fetched was meaningless.

You called their D-Line a 20/15/10 sack crew, and I went to go see if that was the case last year, and it was not. Nor do I think those folks will see totals like that this year. 22.5 is the record, and apparently the previously 2-14 Chiefs have some record quality players on their line? Who wouldnt call that into question? Houston is the guy you could have touted that type of performance from though... 7.5 through 3 games is pretty impressive!

The sack totals for the Hawks players are accurate. So I was confused where you came to that conclusion from. That is all.

Again - sack totals are not how you measure pass rush anyhow, but I digress... Not here to spread hate, you stated something; I challenged it.

No hate ma'am.

Edit: Until this Sunday? The players on the Hawks line arent changing this week. They changed LAST week against Jax when Clem took the field. Players on the field, man on man, the Hawks have the better PROVEN pass rush.

Edit 2: Can you stop responding to me in edits please? Change the goalposts? I said sack totals aren't the way to go, but I played your game to be a fair sport. That's not changing the game on you, it is playing your game with you. Good on them for their 15 sacks. Their avg passing yards per game given up on D should prove my point, no?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We will see. And actually it won't be proven anyway given the Chief's aren't on Denver's level.. It's all subjective unless we're talking current statistics. And NO I DID CALL THEM A 20/15/10 crew.I said that is their plan versus ours (10/10 8/8/5/5) or similar. They are going classic, we are trying something game changing. They are scheming for 3-4 guys to get the sacks while we expect it spread out to double that number. Same result different scheme.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
#1 Don't care what other people think
#2 Don't care what other people think
#3...See #1 and #2

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Sample sizes of the 2013 season at this moment are statistically insignificant. The Seahawks have the better pass rush resume.

Kansas City is going back in time and using Poe as a push NT like us to free Hali and Smith off the edge for 20/15/10. Different scheme, same purpose and result (middle pressure is the key).

I took that as you saying they were a 20/15/10 sack trio. Their resume disagrees with that idea.

Last I am saying on the matter.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good, given it doesn't actually matter until they play against each other. (It really is alright to disagree by the way. I apologize for making you so angry about something so irrelevant) .

Remember this...Russell Wilson will not be a fan on February 2nd. Pass rush be damned.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I am not angry. :) I just like to peel the onion of a conversation back a bit more than most care to do.

I was done beating on the same horse over and over as well. We agree to disagree, and agree in totality that the Hawks rock? Sounds like the right way forward to me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hey, you have it right though. I don't know statistics alot (though I am decent with them) . I was confused given it seemed we were talking past each other. It's all good here in KCMO as I prepare to rock my Green Okung jersey Sunday at work.:)

Go Hawks!!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I have an unfair advantage on stats as I am in college at the moment working on a business degree. :) GO HUSKIES! GO HAWKS!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hey, you will love this....wait for it.

Around 8 days I am Tech Support. for a satellite TV carrier, I have to get the internet now?!? Crap.:):

(Give me 6 months and I may be right with you young bucks) .

Zowert

Reaction score
I have definitely seen some Seattle hate recently, now that the Seahawks are arguably the best team in the NFL.. See me thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74339

The video I posted there is a perfect example of Seattle hatred.