Has this ever been a fair unbiased QB competition?

BASF

Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. It’s all a matter on how you’d like to give the ball back to the other team. Picks via Lock or 3 and outs/punts via Geno.
There isn’t a great option.
There isn't a great option, but the difference between an interception on our side of the field or a punt to flip field position is massive.

As much as the fans did not get to see Lock in practice, I guarantee you that our coaches could see all of his play. The truth is that his footwork is still questionable. His ball placement was late on quite a few throws. Arm talent alone does not make a starting NFL QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There isn't a great option, but the difference between an interception on our side of the field or a punt to flip field position is massive.

As much as the fans did not get to see Lock in practice, I guarantee you that our coaches could see all of his play. The truth is that his footwork is still questionable. His ball placement was late on quite a few throws. Arm talent alone does not make a starting NFL QB.
Not trying to dismiss any of your points because what you say is true… but I simply don’t care if a guy is a good practice player if he doesn’t show up on game day when it counts. Neither of these guys is a starter in this league, which is fine for this year.

W

Welshers

Pete and John want to lose this year anyways. Geno is a 100% known entity and they wont have to worry about him putting up a big game. He doesn't have big games.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pete and John want to lose this year anyways. Geno is a 100% known entity and they wont have to worry about him putting up a big game. He doesn't have big games.
I don’t doubt they are trying to win with THESE guys. But they know their talent level will lead to many losses. They are rebuilding without admitting they are rebuilding. Once they get the QB talent in next years draft that’s when it’s all starting to fall into place.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Another case of turtle out plodding the hare to the wire. Geno plodded his way into the job and deserves what he earned the old fashioned way. He can play. He just won't look shiny doing it. And regular season is a new wire where plodding won't cut it.

W

Welshers

I don’t doubt they are trying to win with THESE guys. But they know their talent level will lead to many losses. They are rebuilding without admitting they are rebuilding. Once they get the QB talent in next years draft that’s when it’s all starting to fall into place.
Yes I agree with this. They will of course put full effort with the guys they have.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Another case of turtle out plodding the hare to the wire. Geno plodded his way into the job and deserves what he earned the old fashioned way. He can play. He just won't look shiny doing it. And regular season is a new wire where plodding won't cut it.
More like another case of winning by default. This offense will be towards the bottom of the league in points scored.