Has anyone else faced this situation?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Just wear your old swag. I like my new stuff, but I rock my beat up old Shaun Alexander jersey all the time for fan street cred.

Largent80

Reaction score
I laugh at the people that actually think it is funny to be a Hawk fan.

Seriously, I go out of my way to make them feel stupid, which does not take much effort.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2zjg4hs9 said:
Oh well, I'm not part of the "in" clique here so what would I expect right? I mean hell, I even get a mod attacking me rather than my post. I should really know my place I guess.

You have to understand Day1. Those cliques you mention, many of them if not all of them, this place is all they've got in life. Here they are someone. Don't be like them.

Oh yeah, I remember where you were on Sun. July 17th, 77' too! So you're cool in my book :th2thumbs:

As per the OP. Been a fan since week 16 of last season, we kicked the snot out of those 9er's didn't we fella's?

Sac

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1pbt9geg said:
Yeah, happened to me on these boards when the shithead Peehawk called me Hawksfansince2005 even though the franchise's first season was 1976, a year after I graduated from high school, even though I grew up in Spokane and lived in Seattle for 7 years total and even though I've spent 75% of my life (almost 57 years) residing in the state of Washington. But yeah Pee, you're right. I'm a bandwagon guy for sure.

:sarcasm_off:
Oh well, I'm not part of the "in" clique here so what would I expect right? I mean hell, I even get a mod attacking me rather than my post. I should really know my place I guess.

I won't question your fandom. Hell, I'll even give you a hug and a totally non-creepy back rub if you want.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
rastahawk":1o3toev4 said:
LawlessHawk":1o3toev4 said:
Stephen SeaHawking":1o3toev4 said:
It's hard when you move to a different city. I just moved to DC and have to contend with all these scummy Redskins fans now.

That'll earn your stripes. You may get inducted into the seahawks fan hall of fame if you live through that stint.

Try living in L.A. a.k.a Raider Nation. Thank goodness they suck now because its subdued the thug masses somewhat.

EDIT: But now we've awoken Dodger fan!!!

Hey I never fell asleep....GO BLUE

Jase

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":17kit04w said:
hawksfansinceday1":17kit04w said:
I won't question your fandom. Hell, I'll even give you a hug and a totally non-creepy back rub if you want.

Everything you say is creepy next to that avatar.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I too have been a SEAHAWK fan since the expansion. I moved from the Spokane area in "87". I have lived between Houston and Dallas since then. I sport my Hawk gear all year long down here. I have always gotten comments about the HAWKS and being a fan. What I find entertaining is how the comments have, and do change over the years. Don't let that stuff get under your skin, instead learn to embrace it and have your own fun with it. Having said that, I pray we beat the H*#L out of the Texans this year. Should make things very interesting down here.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
After the 92 season of 2-14 I was wearing my Seahawks jacket and hat as I usually do and walking through a parking garage, a guy says to me"wow, you must be a real fan!" Through the good and bad since 76!

Tical21

Reaction score
All the Madden folk online are going to think I'm just one of those guys who always uses the best team. I'm gonna have to tell them I am the same guy that was whoopin their arse with Julius Jones and TJ Housh a few years ago.

Largent80

Reaction score
tacomahawk":kictpgva said:
rastahawk":kictpgva said:
LawlessHawk":kictpgva said:
It's hard when you move to a different city. I just moved to DC and have to contend with all these scummy Redskins fans now.

EDIT: But now we've awoken Dodger fan!!!

Hey I never fell asleep....GO BLUE

Someone is an idiot, or very jealous.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
I can't stand bandwagon fans either. I started following the Hawks when Holmgren came to town in 99. I had never been into football before that. I missed the good ol days of Kreig, Largent, Green, Tez, Zorn, and Easley. At least I didn't have to watch Stan Gelbaugh and Mirer. And I'm thankful I got to see most of Big Walt's career.

The first football jersey I bought was an 83 Deon Branch :( I stopped wearing it out of shame but have had thoughts lately of sporting it just to show that I'm not a bandwagon fan who can't name any of the current backups.

I feel like true fans of a team stick with them during the good and the bad. Fans who have endured the Hawks during the 90's, and even the Mora era shouldn't have to share the glory of THIS talented team with bandwagoners.

That said, to all of my non-Hawks supporting football friends, I've been proseletyzing by offering Seahawks conversions, before the season starts. They must publically renouce their support, burn their favorite item of their "old" team and let themselves be "baptized" in Puget Sound. Then, and only then, will they be allowed to celebrate with the rest of us during a certain parade I believe will occur next February in downtown Seattle.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
CANHawk":13v0e5am said:
Just wear your old swag. I like my new stuff, but I rock my beat up old Shaun Alexander jersey all the time for fan street cred.

Yep. Every time I go to our annual Whiner game I wear my old Watters jersey. Just to rub it in.

Dirtball

Reaction score
I just wear all the gear I got back in 1984.... the old style jersey and "Zubaz" Pants... LOL then they ask "how old are you", instead of how long have I been a fan.
If they are wearing a pink or black Hawks jersey they are not real fans, just trying to make a bad fashion statement

mikeak

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":3e7mk6ms said:
The first football jersey I bought was an 83 Deon Branch :( I stopped wearing it out of shame but have had thoughts lately of sporting it just to show that I'm not a bandwagon fan who can't name any of the current backups.

I have a Koren Robinson jersey hanging in the basement while not as old I have made sure of not wearing it to the bar. You know getting pulled over in that jersey would ensure additional testing :)

Steve2222

Reaction score
Haven't been accused of being a bandwagoner yet. Though I do live in Louisiana now so it's only a matter of time. I haven't put much thought in what my comeback would be with someone calling me out.

I went to the Panthers game last year and am going again here in a few weeks. If its anything like last time, there's going to be tons of Seahawks fans at the game. I have a feeling that will be the day when I hear bandwagon talk.

chris98251

Reaction score
Simple solution wear a jersey of a Historical Seahawk you have in the back of the closet, a little weather worn maybe but shows been here and done that.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":18xb47px said:
That said, to all of my non-Hawks supporting football friends, I've been proseletyzing by offering Seahawks conversions, before the season starts. They must publically renouce their support, burn their favorite item of their "old" team and let themselves be "baptized" in Puget Sound. Then, and only then, will they be allowed to celebrate with the rest of us during a certain parade I believe will occur next February in downtown Seattle.

I've had the same idea! A local PNW Seahawks amnesty program allowing those who live here but were mislead into shunning the true faith a free pass as long as they swear allegiance and renounce their past heretical sins. In exchange they get no razzing about being a bandwagon fan.

So far I have two friends who have come around to the light.

chawx

Reaction score
CANHawk":2efecptz said:

^ true dat. I wear my old #71 Niehaus jersey still to this day to prove to the haters that I've been down since day 1.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
In NJ, they just point and stare at me.

I think Im going to buy a Curt Warner jersey on ebay and call it a day.

Latest posts