Haha... Clay Matthews

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Exittium":17m12v8b said:
Haha yeah respect.. Lol and can "play" suuure thing spearing players and taking cheap shots on qbs totally skilled. Lol thanks for that laugh haha Matthews is a has been who has resort to playing dirty.

I hate how much I like your avatar.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1xp416zq said:
Man some Hawk fans have no respect. I have a ton of respect for Matthews. Guy can play football.

+1

He'll probably get fined for that hit though. Blatantly dirty? Not by a long shot. Clay is just an aggressive player who is one of the very best at what he does. He'll be in the H.O.F some day if he keeps playing like he does.

hawknation2015":1xp416zq said:
The ref should be reprimanded for not throwing a flag on this blatant leading with the crown of the helmet. The ref saw it, ignored it, and just put up two fingers for 2nd down.

IllegalPlushAndeancockoftherock

"Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/'hairline' parts of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body" is freaking illegal.

Was it the same ref that missed the blatant batted ball out of bounds penalty that would have given the Lions 1st and goal at the 6" line? :D

Football is a rough sport, mistakes happen. But you can always turn in your Man Card and get in your Prius and go home. It's safer there. :mrgreen:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
PackerNation":3nf5fo7g said:
Hawk-Lock":3nf5fo7g said:
Man some Hawk fans have no respect. I have a ton of respect for Matthews. Guy can play football.

+1

He'll probably get fined for that hit though. Blatantly dirty? Not by a long shot. Clay is just an aggressive player who is one of the very best at what he does. He'll be in the H.O.F some day if he keeps playing like he does.

hawknation2015":3nf5fo7g said:
The ref should be reprimanded for not throwing a flag on this blatant leading with the crown of the helmet. The ref saw it, ignored it, and just put up two fingers for 2nd down.

"Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/'hairline' parts of the helmet against any part of the passer’s body" is freaking illegal.

Was it the same ref that missed the blatant batted ball out of bounds penalty that would have given the Lions 1st and goal at the 6" line? :D

Football is a rough sport, mistakes happen. But you can always turn in your Man Card and get in your Prius and go home. It's safer there. :mrgreen:

1. It's a stretch to call him a HOF, even if he keeps playing like he has - he has sacks and a name, but his impact has been far from HOF worthy. Since the Packers won the superbowl, their defense has been abysmal up until this year. That's a large stretch of his career playing good football on a terrible defense. It's like saying Steven Jackson should get into the HOF. I would take Wagner, Kuechly, Bowman over him at MLB any day of the week....and even more pass rushers over him. And a lot of those guys wont be in the HOF.

2. I drive a prius and I think it's a lot more manly to get into a prius instead of calling on people to "turn in their man card" - are we in high school??

3. It was a mistake by the ref as you acknowledge. I wouldn't say it was blatantly dirty, but you also can't say it's "not by a long shot" - that's the first time this year I've seen a player blatantly lower their head to hit a QB - so I'm also not giving him a free pass.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Ramfan128":11j1pgm3 said:
1. It's a stretch to call him a HOF, even if he keeps playing like he has - he has sacks and a name, but his impact has been far from HOF worthy. Since the Packers won the superbowl, their defense has been abysmal up until this year. That's a large stretch of his career playing good football on a terrible defense. It's like saying Steven Jackson should get into the HOF. I would take Wagner, Kuechly, Bowman over him at MLB any day of the week....and even more pass rushers over him. And a lot of those guys wont be in the HOF.

2. I drive a prius and I think it's a lot more manly to get into a prius instead of calling on people to "turn in their man card" - are we in high school??

3. It was a mistake by the ref as you acknowledge. I wouldn't say it was blatantly dirty, but you also can't say it's "not by a long shot" - that's the first time this year I've seen a player blatantly lower their head to hit a QB - so I'm also not giving him a free pass.

I don't see it as a stretch at all. He is one of the most versatile LB's on a 3-4 defense that has ever played. He can play ILB and OLB and transition fluidly between them on any given play. He frequently spends time at both positions throughout the game causing defenses to constantly try and figure out where he is coming from. He is great against the pass and against the run.

True, the Packer defense has not been good since 2010, but that was not the fault of Clay. He has been a stand out in every year he has played for us. I'll take Clay over any of the guys you listed above any day and twice on Sunday's. You have to gameplan for a guy like Clay because you never really know where on the football field he is going to be at any given time.

I didn't see "a few" plays that should have been flagged like you stated previously. Foles got killed all game but this is the only hit I saw (once I saw it on replay. In person, it looked a lot like he hit with his shoulder and not the helmet. I saw at the game on Sunday.) that should have been flagged. But Foles looked rattled all game. Clay and the Packer defense were all over him.

When I think of a dirty player, I think Suh. When I think of a POS out to blatantly hurt other players by any means, I think Suh. Old school, I think Romanowski, as a dirty player. Hard hitting and aggressive is different.

BTW, I am sorry you drive a Prius. I am sure they are...."lovely". :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

Also, AAron Donald is a heck of a player and those Ram DB's are huge. I never realized just how physical that defensive backfield could be. But for a few blown assignments, they played well. Rodgers had his worst day of the season. You need to get the ball to Austin more often. Line him up in the backfield, take the pressure off of Gurley.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
PackerNation":3sdcrx47 said:
Ramfan128":3sdcrx47 said:

I don't see it as a stretch at all. He is one of the most versatile LB's on a 3-4 defense that has ever played. He can play ILB and OLB and transition fluidly between them on any given play. He frequently spends time at both positions throughout the game causing defenses to constantly try and figure out where he is coming from. He is great against the pass and against the run.

True, the Packer defense has not been good since 2010, but that was not the fault of Clay. He has been a stand out in every year he has played for us. I'll take Clay over any of the guys you listed above any day and twice on Sunday's. You have to gameplan for a guy like Clay because you never really know where on the football field he is going to be at any given time.

I didn't see "a few" plays that should have been flagged like you stated previously. Foles got killed all game but this is the only hit I saw (once I saw it on replay. In person, it looked a lot like he hti with his shoulder and not the helmet. I saw at the game on Sunday.) that should have been flagged. But Foles looked rattled all game. Clay and the Packer defense were all over him.

When I think of a dirty player, I think Suh. When I think of a POS out to blatantly hurt other players by any means, I think Suh. Old school, I think Romanowski. Hard hitting and aggressive is different.

BTW, I am sorry you drive a Prius. I am sure they are...."lovely". :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

Also, AAron Donald is a heck of a player and those Ram DB's are huge. I never realized just how physical that defensive backfield could be. But for a few blow assignments, they played well. Rodgers had his worst day of the season. You need to get the ball to Austin more often. Line him up in the backfield, take the pressure off of Gurley.

It was a heck of a game to watch. And Gurley was a beast.

As for the defense, only one was a blown assignment (first TD), but I think GB scores there anyway. You guys almost always score on your first possession. Didn't bother me much.

On the 2nd TD, James Jones just beat LaMarcus Joyner...he fell down and then McCleod took a bad angle. When you challenge the GB offense all game long, your bound to give up 2 TDs. Defense played the best game of the season Sunday...17 offensive points to GB in Lambeau? I'll take it all day long. Especially with 3 TOs to boot.

The defense basically played as well as you can possibly play against Rodgers in Lambeau.

I was glad we played a lot of press man...I thought that was the only chance we had. It was a very, very good game. Competitive till the end too despite the two TD score.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Ramfan128":799b7b41 said:

As for the defense, only one was a blown assignment (first TD), but I think GB scores there anyway. You guys almost always score on your first possession. Didn't bother me much.

On the 2nd TD, James Jones just beat LaMarcus Joyner...he fell down and then McCleod took a bad angle. When you challenge the GB offense all game long, your bound to give up 2 TDs. Defense played the best game of the season Sunday...17 offensive points to GB in Lambeau? I'll take it all day long. Especially with 3 TOs to boot.

The defense basically played as well as you can possibly play against Rodgers in Lambeau.

I was glad we played a lot of press man...I thought that was the only chance we had. It was a very, very good game. Competitive till the end too despite the two TD score.

I sat behind the Ram bench, about 15 rows up along the 40 yard line. It was a heck of a game and thank God (for me) the Green Bay defense showed up. Rollins is our 2nd round draft choice this year and he came up big with 2 crucial interceptions. One went for a score. Randall our first round draft choice is on par to be the best DB we have. Unreal how well these guys have panned out.

I was worried about the Rams because I knew you would play press with a superior front 7 and I knew you can run the ball with great success. That front 7 is the best we have faced all year long, without a doubt.

Have fun with Gurley, he will be killing defenses for a long time to come. What a great draft choice! I think you also got the better deal when trading Bradford for Foles.

253hawk

Reaction score
PackerNation":1uxohuk3 said:

No, he'll be paralyzed if he keeps playing that way. He can still be a great player without having to hit with his helmet.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
PackerNation":vx0nan0y said:
Hawk-Lock":vx0nan0y said:

+1

hawknation2015":vx0nan0y said:

Have you ever been hit in the gut by someone who has lowered the crown of his helmet?

Didn't think so. That is a dirty play any way you look at it.

PackerNation

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1zml3gya said:
That is a dirty play any way you look at it.
No it's not. You don't know that he didn't try to hit with the shoulder first. You only "guess" that he intentionally hit with the crown of the helmet.

Every penalty (or play that could have been called a penalty but was missed by the refs) is not a dirty play. Learn the difference.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I enjoy watching that hit honestly. I don't think it was intentional even though I think Clay Matthews is a dirty little girl, it's not on that play.

I wish both teams fell into the pits of hell last Sunday though.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2tdyg4h6 said:
OK, I didn't notice the leading with the head at first. You're right.

ptisme

Reaction score
253hawk":1skkf3lq said:
ptisme":1skkf3lq said:
Hit him in the chest not in the head. What was wrong with the hit?

Leading with the crown of the helmet is spearing, a 15 yard penalty. Not only can it hurt the other player, but you can compress vertebrae and/or damage your spinal cord doing it.

This has been around forever, so there's no excuse for it; like James Harrison crying about how he "doesn't know how to tackle any other way". Matthews does this crap all too often, so I think he's a POS, too.

Heads Up Poster
He's the Packers MVP through the first five games. Nobody prepares harder for Sunday then him. I have not seen anyone play that position like him since Junior Seau. And 31 other teams would LOVE to have him on their defense.

ptisme

Reaction score
PackerNation":30h6fmtq said:
Ramfan128":30h6fmtq said:

I sat behind the Ram bench, about 15 rows up along the 40 yard line. It was a heck of a game and thank God (for me) the Green Bay defense showed up. Rollins is our 2nd round draft choice this year and he came up big with 2 crucial interceptions. One went for a score. Randall our first round draft choice is on par to be the best DB we have. Unreal how well these guys have panned out.

I was worried about the Rams because I knew you would play press with a superior front 7 and I knew you can run the ball with great success. That front 7 is the best we have faced all year long, without a doubt.

Have fun with Gurley, he will be killing defenses for a long time to come. What a great draft choice! I think you also got the better deal when trading Bradford for Foles.
Ted Thompson struck gold with his first and second round draft choices this year. Add to that Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley and this could be a great draft class.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
ptisme":1izbcbxw said:
MD5eahawks":1izbcbxw said:
ptisme":1izbcbxw said:
I thought that kind of hit was not allowed. Did that draw a flag? That was vicious. Kam-like even.
Hit him in the chest not in the head. What was wrong with the hit?

It's leading with the crown of the helmet on a defenseless player. Its definately a penalty. I was shocked Foles's ribs were still in tact. Very dirty.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Clay got fined $17K for the hit. I figured as much once it was pointed out. I think the fine was justified.

ptisme":1sm7wc9t said:
Ted Thompson struck gold with his first and second round draft choices this year. Add to that Ty Montgomery and Brett Hundley and this could be a great draft class.

Yea, I am high on all of these guys. Tolzein might get traded next year as he is getting close to being starting caliber. That leaves Hundley as the #2 and I am happy with that.

What a game Rollins had. A decent pass rush and that kid just sits in lanes and picks off passes. Good hands too, better than HHCD. These guys could be the anchors for years to come and a resurgence of the Packer defense.

Are you surprised Raji is playing so well? I am, I expected him to bust out and Pennell to be the starter. Now, both of these guys are playing well and they could be quite a force when used in rotation.

I like our team this year, I really think this could be special!

ptisme

Reaction score
PackerNation":1tg3xpm8 said:
Clay got fined $17K for the hit. I figured as much once it was pointed out. I think the fine was justified.

ptisme":1tg3xpm8 said:

Yea, I am high on all of these guys. Tolzein might get traded next year as he is getting close to being starting caliber. That leaves Hundley as the #2 and I am happy with that.

What a game Rollins had. A decent pass rush and that kid just sits in lanes and picks off passes. Good hands too, better than HHCD. These guys could be the anchors for years to come and a resurgence of the Packer defense.

Are you surprised Raji is playing so well? I am, I expected him to bust out and Pennell to be the starter. Now, both of these guys are playing well and they could be quite a force when used in rotation.

Yeah, Rodgers finally has a decent defense... I think the Packers offense really misses FInley and Nelson. Seems like all our receivers sans Jones are slot type guys.... I predict the Packers blow the Chargers out of Lambeau this week... I see going 1-1 after the bye. 14-2 finish and first round bye.... Seahawks and Cowboys could be scary in the playoffs but I like the Packers chances at Lambeau. Brady vs Rodgers would be the most watched super bowl ever.... :th2thumbs:

PackerNation

Reaction score
ptisme":3nchrrol said:
Yeah, Rodgers finally has a decent defense... I think the Packers offense really misses FInley and Nelson. Seems like all our receivers sans Jones are slot type guys.... I predict the Packers blow the Chargers out of Lambeau this week... I see going 1-1 after the bye. 14-2 finish and first round bye.... Seahawks and Cowboys could be scary in the playoffs but I like the Packers chances at Lambeau. Brady vs Rodgers would be the most watched super bowl ever.... :th2thumbs:[/quote]

We need Montgomery and Adams healthy and Starks is just killing it this year. I suspect Lacy's ankle is a lot worse than they are letting on. Rumor is, Lacy isn't "seeing" the holes like he should be. It's all in his head, making bad choices. Not really sure on what to believe.

The DB's are loving that front 7. They are playing a lot better now that we are putting Raji back in the "A" gap over the Center.

This Packer team could be very special.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Throwdown":1x3yzmwt said:
I enjoy watching that hit honestly. I don't think it was intentional even though I think Clay Matthews is a dirty little girl, it's not on that play.

I wish both teams fell into the pits of hell last Sunday though.
How anybody can watch that hit and see it as anything other than intentionally dirty spearing is baffling to me.